• Birmingham - Tolkien's Home Town
    • Cardiff
    • London
    • Manchester
    • Edinburgh
    • Bournemouth
    • Other - Please State

Hello !

Well, first I votet for London. It would be quite easy for me I guess.

But now I'm a bit afraid about London. It's very sad what happend :blush:

So, maybe Birmingham would be better. First because of it's Tolkien-History

and then it may be a bit "safer" ?

I really want to come to Ring Con-UK but I'm afraid now :YAHOO:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello !

Well, first I voted for London. It would be quite easy for me I guess.

But now I'm a bit afraid about London. It's very sad what happend :D

So, maybe Birmingham would be better. First because of it's Tolkien-History

and then it may be a bit "safer" ?

I really want to come to Ring Con-UK but I'm afraid now :(

Afraid?? Why are you afraid??? If it is because of everything that has been happening lately then you will have to put it down as no matter where you go in the world SOMETHING is happening. I travel all over the country by public transport and I am never afraid to use it - I'd never leave my house if I was lol. Don't let it destroy your excitement and anticipation for Ring*Con UK, I think the only thing you'll need to be afraid of is a few Orc armies or Goblins running amuck......

Lisa x

P.S To be honest, even though these terrible things have been happening, tighter security around the country means that there is even less likely hood of happening again. Sure, I understand your concerns but take life and embrace it. After all some say we only get one shot at it so make it a good one :dance: !!!!!

Come on peeps let us know what you think :wub:

Please not London again!!! :blush: It is so hard to get to and so damned expensive.

Birmingham or Manchester would be so much better and we have easier Airport access too. Much esier than London!

The Fellowship Festivals have gone down the London road once too often! Move around a bit more! Stop getting in the London rut!

Please say Birmingham!

1) It is far cheaper than London on average

2) Has better transport links...though I guess this might be down to personal opinion.

3) I live nearer to this city than London! (ok...not so important to you!)

4) Tolkien's links to this city make it seem far more apt!

when will we know for sure where it shall be?

• 2 weeks later...

:YAHOO:

My choice has to be Birmingham because its TOLKIENS home place.

I dont really care maybe. Ill turn up to it no matter where (as long as it is not to far away or even abroad). As well as other LOTR fans say it doesnt matter where its held as long as there is a LOTR convention.

Pay overdue homage to the ULTIMATE J R R TOLKIEN.

THIS GUY IS A GOD TO US LOTR FANS.

Lets hope that SM get Royd Tolkien to another show, hes a cool guy.

GO SM Please us big LOTR fans. :YAHOO::YAHOO::YAHOO::wub:

Edited by orlilover

• 3 weeks later...

heya every1,

i voted for london as its the closest place 2 me but, i don't mind as long as its not too far away otherwise i can't go to the convention :unsure::( I think London Or Birmingham are good places :lol: Birmingham is good as its tolkiens hometown :) but then again london's good 2 as its a very popular place and loads of people go there. im just glad that Birmingham's in the lead :P and then London's just behind it :thumbup: not alot of votes seperate them :D keep voting sarah :D x

heya every1,

i voted for london as its the closest place 2 me but, i don't mind as long as its not too far away otherwise i can't go to the convention :unsure::( I think London Or Birmingham are good places :WINCE: Birmingham is good as its tolkiens hometown :) but then again london's good 2 as its a very popular place and loads of people go there. im just glad that Birmingham's in the lead :WINCE: and then London's just behind it :thumbup: not alot of votes seperate them :D keep voting sarah :D x

This is all a bit accademic now as Ring Con is happening near London ( Heathrow) :P

but there you go

So its in London...But Bournemouth would be such a fab place for a LOTR event because not only did Tolkien stay in Bournemouth in his later life and live in Alum Chine nearby, it was also the place where he died so I think it would be fitting to honour his amazing work by holding an event in Bournemouth. Plus, (and if you're reading this Elijah! :wub: ) Bournemouth has miles of beautiful beaches and great surfing too! So please come to Bournemouth Showmasters! :rolleyes: even if its at a future event, it'd be great to celebrate LOTR here! :YAHOO:

P.S. Our B.I.C. is HUGE and has some big halls which would be perfect for guests to sign in (plus there was a Star Trek exhibition there years ago which was MASSIVE! But I must add although I am a bit of a geek, it is my Dad who likes Star Trek - no offence)

Edited by sami

• Showmasters Admin

It's being held at the Radisson Edwardian at Heathrow.

Your House must have been booked

It is that weekend. I have got another show being held at mine though :(

Edited by Too Tall

YAY!!!!!! THANK YOU, i did read it but i wanted to double check.CAN'T WAIT:D:D:D:D im aloud to go to ring con:D Do they have maps of how to get there, i mean will they eventually when the event gets closer? x

Edited by I LOVE ELIJAH WOOD 4EVA