• Edinburgh
    • Bournemouth
    • Other - Please State

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

oh rite kk :poki: have u met orlando bloom b4....coz every were i lk i aint seen no record of him attending a show b4? :dance: lol

Orlando has not been to a signing event, and I not aware of him attending a con either.

I've written this in another thread. Can you please type in English. For anyone that isn't a native English speaker your posts are nearly impossible to read.

Edited by Too Tall

oh right, (about the english thing, we have disgusted that now :blush:) i think i read your comment in another thread. is the reason why you wouldnt wan't orlando bloom at the convention because screaming fans, as Orlando Bloom is a big actor and has loads of fans. if he came everyone would be screaming for him, it would spoil the event and i bet orlando's fans wouldnt go to an event for the actual event but just for him. For example if orlando was at a book convention, fans wouldnt go for the books aswell. is that what was written in another section of the forum :D:angry: well if your wondering, why have i asked you that question if you have already written this in another thread, its because i wanted to know if he had been to a event. i wouldnt mind him at a event, i would like to meet him, but with all those fans i dont think i will B) sure it may be loud and anoying but then most people would be at orlando's que instead of any-one elses, would give other people a chance to meet other quests more quickly with less queing. but then again, like you said the event will be rewinded (sorry about my spelling) :D

Edited by I LOVE ELIJAH WOOD 4EVA

• Showmasters Admin

Have it in Bath because then I don't have to go anywhere =P

Don't really mind tbh! As long as it's not too far away.

The location has already been chosen.

From further up this thread.

It's being held at the Radisson Edwardian at Heathrow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please not London. Everybody thinks that it's so accessible... well, I don't find that to be the case. And even after your long train trip, you still have to navigate the capital.

Birmingham is pretty central, I would have thought. Plus, what with the city having strong Tolkien links I would have thought it to be the ideal setting!

Please not London. Everybody thinks that it's so accessible... well, I don't find that to be the case. And even after your long train trip, you still have to navigate the capital.

Birmingham is pretty central, I would have thought. Plus, what with the city having strong Tolkien links I would have thought it to be the ideal setting!

Sure it's got Tolkein links - but London actually is more accessable for oversea's vistitors flying in, plus the underground and bus service make the whole of the captial easy to travel across. The hotel that is being used is also very familiar with conventions, and Showmasters have used it before and I suspect there is a good aliance between the two. Both know what is expected of each other and most probably have a good working relationship.

Ring*Con UK has a lot to live upto due the fantastic presence of it's sister, and I am pretty sure that Showmasters would want to work with a hotel that has a great reputation and they are familiar with to pull it off.

I'm glad it's in London, while some may say that because of the Tolkien links Birmingham, and indeed Oxford, would have been more fitting to host such an event but to be quite honest you won't even leave the hotel! While the Tolkien Society does wonderful OxMoot and includes a trip to visit Tolkien's grave, Ring*Con is so hetic the only time you will stop is to go to bed, but maybe not sleep lol becuase you'll head will be buzzing. Especially if you are called Emma and have downed a bottle of JD before hand eh Em hahahahaha :-D

Lisa x

come to Liverpool! come onnnn, we never get any conventions here, I'm sure theres somewhere you could have it.........if not good ol Liverpool, I think Manchester, enough happens around London and I think you should spread it around the country :) be fair :) hehe i'm just jealous of London i guess :YAHOO:

How about Brighton

Its good enough for political party conferences, should have plenty of venues.

Beach nearby. Plenty of hotels, B&B etc. although the Youth Hotel's a bit far out.

How about Brighton

Its good enough for political party conferences, should have plenty of venues.

Beach nearby. Plenty of hotels, B&B etc. although the Youth Hotel's a bit far out.

• Showmasters Admin

The location has already been chosen.

From further up this thread.

It's being held at the Radisson Edwardian at Heathrow.

Just reposting this for people that seem to have missed it and are still suggesting places.