Suggestions and Comments

Too Tall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

official photo shoots would be nice although i know it would be difficult in the middle of a shopping centre!

My main problem with offical photo shoots is this.

All shows that do it ban people getting photos when they get an autograph. They have to or A: People just won't bother with the offical one and B: You'll get lots of people that have paid complaining other people got them for free. Yes they're paying for a professional shot but that won't matter when they're complaining.

It's just a major hassle that SM don't need, they'd rather let people take their own pictures for free.

Have been to another convention that has paid for photo sessions and they dont ban getting your own one when the guest is signing. Some people just like to get their picture taken with the star and then get it signed at the same time

• Showmasters Admin

I spoke to SM on Saturday about some of these things.

The talk queue at LFCC/G-Mex will now be roped off :WAVE:

There will be a party at C10 :o

Edited by Too Tall

There are often guests I would like to simply take a photo of rather than pay for the autograph. Access is limited and often from the back of the queues.

How about the option to pay for the chance to take a photo of the guest, possibly posed. Could be incremental costs for these - have a special area for this perhaps?

How about a photo record of the guests in attendance as a souvenir of each event.

• Moderators

I really don't think there's enough room or even time for such a thing. It is after all a signing event above all else, so just having photos isn't usually an option - although if a guest isn't too busy, you can always ask and sometimes they're fine with it! So you don't always need to pay for it anyway.

I don't think Showmasters have any real interest in charging for photos, plus there's the extra logistical problems that come along with that. And if they WERE to do it, it's highly unlikely they'd ever charge people just to take a picture of a guest! I can't see the demand for that.

Also add that the guests probably wouldn't want close up photos all the time anyway, so for comfort and organisation purposes it's best to keep people at a distance.

There are always good quality photos on the website after the show, plus plenty of attendees take decent ones too :)

Edited by DavidB

Collectormania in MK are my favorite events. I see no need for any improvements. Other than that they should always have a party at the MK Dons football ground on the Saturday.

Those parties are the best. :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...