THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS ON DVD......

LITTLEOBI-WAN

"In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie, as well as the original theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983."

:D:(:wub::dance:

No Way, where did you hear this... Do you have a link. I thought they were never going to release the Original versions as they are not how lucas wanted then to be.

I hope the 30th anniversary 6 film 10/12 disc box set is still on for next year

Thats cool although I enjoy the newer versions of these 3 films it just doesn't sit right seeing a CGI Jabba talking to Solo if you get me, I have still got the Star Wars films when they very first came on on VHS and I much prefer to watch them than the revamped DVD version so I am glad they are doing this as it will save my VHS tapes YAY :D

• 2 weeks later...

Remember they wont be up to the same quality as the 2004 releases though but even so it will still be good to have the original unaltered versions on DVD, just a shame you cant buy them seperately, after all how many fans dont already have the 4 Disc 2004 release.

err...

*puts hand up*

i don't :D

admittedly this is a bit more interesting - but where's it gonna be sold? if its limited editions, its not gonna last particularly long...

and its already said the dates are specific, so it sounds like only certain suppliers... :S

it should be obvious why - Lucas has clearly only EVER been about the money.

why remaster??

why remove errors??

because the more editions you put out there, the more money you have rolling in.

and i can honestly say that, if i get them this time, it will be the FIRST time i've bought any star wars tape/dvd.

though i admit to having bought some of the action figures when i was a kid :embarrased:

so he's already got some of my money :dance:

admittedly this is a bit more interesting - but where's it gonna be sold? if its limited editions, its not gonna last particularly long...

and its already said the dates are specific, so it sounds like only certain suppliers... :S

They are not going to be Limited to certain retailers, they will be available like any normal DVD but only until the end of December, then they are being withdrawn so if you want them make sure you pick them up before then.

Remember though next year is the 30th Anniversary so dont be suprised if another DVD release is already on the cards, maybe a Saga Boxsets with more 'Exclusive' extra features.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill