Does anyone else think?

rickyparty

Does anyone else think they are overdoing it with all of the Torchwood references?

I didn't mind it being mentioned so much in the Christmas Invasion as it seemed a little bit less forced for the constant mention of Torchwood in tonight's episode really made it seem like the writers were grasping in desperation to get people to watch the Torchwood spin-off when it begins.

I do think its a bit blatent. I think that the whole Badwolf thing last series was really well done, but they are blatently trying to plug their spin off series. If they were more subtle like last series I think it would almost be a better advert, like the saying less is more.

Was a good episode though, that aside.

Naomi

:wub:

Of course they are trying to plug theire spin off, its publicity at the end of the day.

I don't mind personally, the series is still young yet, and Tourchwood will be interesting to see how it plays out now.

Of course they are trying to plug theire spin off, its publicity at the end of the day.

I don't mind personally, the series is still young yet, and Tourchwood will be interesting to see how it plays out now.

963184[/snapback]

got my support on that Marina

Memo to Russell T. Davies

I know you "own" Torchwood, but the plugging is tacky and tenuous. And while we are here ....

Your running gag's are crap ! (You need a shop, we are not amused, Harriet BL8dy Jones etc)

Do you NEED to crowbar sexuality (and campness) in at every opportunity ? That's not what the show is about !

...... and Tooth and Claw was shhhhhhite ! A very poor clone of Mark Gatis' excellent Chales Dickens episode. It takes more than "scary + historical figure = story" !!

Tennant ROCKS, Billie, STILL rocks ...... maybe you should keep up ? Dull, dull, dull episode which relied much too heavily on (poor) CGI and a rip off of The Matrix / BBC1 ident jingles.

Edited by dufresne

I thought this episode was very good. When I saw the trailer for it and saw it was to do with werewolves I was worried it would be same old same old regarding the werewolf story. But it was well done.

Yes, there were a number of references to Torchwood but nothing to spoil it in my opinion.

Tennant is doing good.

I thought this episode was very good. When I saw the trailer for it and saw it was to do with werewolves I was worried it would be same old same old regarding the werewolf story. But it was well done.

Yes, there were a number of references to Torchwood but nothing to spoil it in my opinion.

Tennant is doing good.

963581[/snapback]

I thought it was a great ep, really exciting and a good story. I also enjoyed the Torchwood mentions. Maybe Im being dense here but i didnt see those as plugs, I saw them as teasers. Loved the last line from Victoria too. Does that mean that Torchwood is gonna be working against the Doctor?

Ps. dufresne, I have to say i liked the "we are not amused" gags and the "as the doctor may i recommend a vigourous jog!" was a brilliant line. Can't wait for next week.

David and Billie are brilliant! Though ten is quite full of himself isnt he!! :dance:

Tennant ROCKS, Billie, STILL rocks ...... maybe you should keep up ? Dull, dull, dull episode which relied much too heavily on (poor) CGI and a rip off of The Matrix / BBC1 ident jingles.

963519[/snapback]

I did expect the BBC ident music to strat any moment. Same costumes wasn't it? :poki:

963519[/snapback]

I did expect the BBC ident music to strat any moment. Same costumes wasn't it? :D

963641[/snapback]

It was feckin IDENTICAL !!

Guys in red robes against a monochrome background, jumping around in slow motion ;):D

So far I'm not impressed, this story was better than the first one, but then again, I don't know how it could have been worse really. Someone should really take the scriptwriter's job off Davies before he does any more damage.

I'm not sure about Tennant yet, but I'm putting that down to script rather thn acting...we'll see.

good so far but yeah, torchwood is ridiculously overdone. and the banishment of the doctor and rose - why???

agree the 'we are not amused' was a bit much - makes rose seem a bit thick, really, which she's not.

red costumes... if BBC are THAT desperate to advertise, then i reckon they need a proper ad on other channels, after all dr who IS stuck on 2 of their channels... ppl won't watch more just because its endorsed by the doc!! (hell, i don't watch it much as is because of the minimal amount of things that appeal to me... but then as is most tv don't appeal i supposes...:whistling:

good so far but yeah, torchwood is ridiculously overdone.  and the banishment of the doctor and rose - why???

965549[/snapback]

It was a historical episode. In the Victorian era, they had only just overcome burning individuals at the stake for witchcraft! They were very, very religious and anything out of the ordinary, and to the extreme that The Doctor and Rose did, was considered to be against the Word of God - demonic, as it were. You have to think like a Victorian. The things that they were doing - how they handled the situation - their "powers" - it's all very alien, and the fact that, like the Queen pointed out, they were enjoying the experience so much must have been highly dissorientating and disturbing. I would have done the same, given her position and position of power.

i dont really get it what does it mean

965564[/snapback]

You mean Torchwood?

Did you not see the Christmas episode? The alien invaders were destroyed by the Prime Minister, who gave the order to activate Torchwood - a very, very large weapon created from different alien technologies to defend the earth from invaders such as those seen in the episode.

It's basically a secret government organisation working with paranormal and alien thenomenon.

i dont really get it what does it mean

965564[/snapback]

You mean Torchwood?

Did you not see the Christmas episode? The alien invaders were destroyed by the Prime Minister, who gave the order to activate Torchwood - a very, very large weapon created from different alien technologies to defend the earth from invaders such as those seen in the episode.

It's basically a secret government organisation working with paranormal and alien thenomenon.

965594[/snapback]

Hey you

good so far but yeah, torchwood is ridiculously overdone.  and the banishment of the doctor and rose - why???

965549[/snapback]

It was a historical episode. In the Victorian era, they had only just overcome burning individuals at the stake for witchcraft! They were very, very religious and anything out of the ordinary, and to the extreme that The Doctor and Rose did, was considered to be against the Word of God - demonic, as it were. You have to think like a Victorian. The things that they were doing - how they handled the situation - their "powers" - it's all very alien, and the fact that, like the Queen pointed out, they were enjoying the experience so much must have been highly dissorientating and disturbing. I would have done the same, given her position and position of power.

965588[/snapback]

gotcha, though personally i'd reckon after savin her life she shoulda been more grateful ^_^

admittedly, if she WAS scratched by the werewolf....

Im really enjoying the series so far, in fact im loving it. I really like the Tourchwood reference it makes it interesting to see what will happen when the spin off starts.

966934[/snapback]

when DOES it start?

Im really enjoying the series so far, in fact im loving it. I really like the Tourchwood reference it makes it interesting to see what will happen when the spin off starts.

966934[/snapback]

when DOES it start?

968724[/snapback]

I really dont know to be honest, but i think it will be after this series of dr who so they can get the story built up.