Richard Dean Anderson Returns to Stargate

Batman

Richard Dean Anderson, former star and executive producer of Stargate SG-1, returns to the series for its historic 200th original episode. Production on the bi-centennial will commence on April 5 in Vancouver. Anderson, who will be reprising his role as General Jack O'Neill, will also make special guest appearances in a number of additional episodes of both "SG-1" and Stargate Atlantis that will air in the new seasons. Both SCI FI Channel original series are slated to premiere this summer.

Stargate SG-1's 200th episode, appropriately titled "200," will center on the SG-1 team as they serve as advisors on a television series that bears remarkable similarities to the goings on at Stargate Command. As they pitch to the producer the many adventures that they have been involved with over the years, the team discovers that truth really is stranger than fiction... but nothing is stranger than the machinations of Hollywood. In addition to Anderson, "200" will feature a guest appearance by fan favorite Willie Garson (Sex and the City).

Currently in production on its tenth original season (its fifth on SCI FI), Stargate SG-1 is now the longest-running sci-fi series on American television, surpassing The X-Files and every iteration of "Star Trek." Averaging more than 2.2 million viewers per episode the show is stronger than ever and has led SCI FI Channel to become the #1 cable destination on Friday nights for young adults.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=13844

:D

Batman2.

the writers must be loosing some originality in their writing as they're on season 10 plus season 3 on SGA but i don't mind if some ep's are the same as long as thet're not rubbish like some shows seems to be near the end of their run ala X Files

Thats cool, can't wait to see the 200th episode :P

The episode sounds a bit like an old episode called Wormhole Extreme.

I much prefer Atlantis as it has new original stories wheras SG1 seem to be telling old storys and i think 10 seasons is enough for SG1, maybe 11 then a TV Movie then pass the honour onto Atlantis which i hope will run onto 10 years.

Anyway, looking forward to the new season in the Autum.

Yeah! Cliff Simon almost killed me when he said it because we were like omg he's going to be in Vancouver like now!!! but alas no! they're filming... 10.05 uninvited (poor gary Jones!) Up at Jack's Cabin and they were prepping it when we got there on Monday for shooting tuesday!!!! so unfortunatly he won't be here for at least a week! :'(

Nah. The Orai have only just come on the scene. There'll hopefully be a few seasons with them in it. Atlantis, I hope runs for a long time.

Really looking forward to RDA returning to SG-1.

Another thing. I don't think it'll be for the last time. I can see him returning for the very last episode ever when they decide to end the SG-1 series. Hopefully that's not in the near future though.

Edited by Stevie79

• 4 weeks later...
I'm sure I've seen the 200th episode. Obviously I can't have but it sounds so familiar....

971370[/snapback]

You are probaley thinking of the 100th episode where the alien Martin pitched the idea about the Stargate to a TV network and they made 'Wormhole Xtreme'

Sounds like the 200th episode is going to have something to do with the show returning and SG-1 are going to be consultants.

RDA returning to SG-1 is great news, but keep him off Atlantis for the show's sake... They said when it started that SGA was not meant to be a direct offshoot of SG-1 but crossovers tend to change that and as a dedicated fan of SGA I don't want it to turn into "SG-1+".

I don't think the odd guest appearance here and there is going to make Atlantis go bad! Give the writers some credit they come up with some ace idea's and their characters are solid!

I'm sure that season 3 of atlantis and season 10 of SG1 are going to rock! and RDA's appearances i bet will make us laugh and be enticed to the lovely idiot box which we are glued to even more!

mo