A GMEX party

I was just wondering if there was any chance of us having a party organised for Gmex2 as I know people I spoke to during the 1st event were disapointed not to have one. For any who go to CM the party on the saturday night is a major highlight and great social event for all with the bonus of sometimes having guests turn up too.

I know SM had alot to organise with the first one (which just for the record myself and the people I was with had a fantastic time) but I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to help.

While I'm on the topic of help is it too early to put myself forward to crew at gmex & how would I go about applying?

Ellie x x x

• Moderators

GMEX crewing won't be sorted until a few weeks before the event itself, but if you want to receive a crewing application then I'd email crew@showmastersonline.com and make sure you're on the list for when they're sent out. This is assuming you've not applied before, because if you have then you should get an email anyway!

All the info is >>HERE<< if you've not read it already.

As for a party, it would be good but it depends on prices and appropriate places near to GMEX. At least the Stadium in MK is in a good spot, and SMs have a good relationship with whoever runs it I assume! :)

Edited by DavidB

Hi David, no Ive never applyed before but think I'd really enjoy it so thanks for the info I'll have a read and send an email to SM.

I know what your saying about the venue and things. I'm sure there must be somewhere to hold a party...where was the crew party held? maybe they could use the same place?

btw just out of interest did you go to staffs uni?

where was the crew party held? maybe they could use the same place?

946076[/snapback]

Not likely. The Crew Party was held at the Guests' hotel, lol :D

*still thinks the CREW party should be held close to the CREW hotel :D*

where was the crew party held? maybe they could use the same place?

946076[/snapback]

Not likely. The Crew Party was held at the Guests' hotel, lol :lol:

*still thinks the CREW party should be held close to the CREW hotel :P*

946087[/snapback]

:uhoh: doesn't quite sound like the best idea...but from what I hear everyone had a good time :D were you sat with Robert P that weekend by any chance Yvie?

• Moderators
Hi David, no Ive never applyed before but think I'd really enjoy it so thanks for the info I'll have a read and send an email to SM.

I know what your saying about the venue and things. I'm sure there must be somewhere to hold a party...where was the crew party held? maybe they could use the same place?

946076[/snapback]

Yessssss I did indeedy ... seems like forever ago now! Why? :)

Like Yvie said, the crew party really wasn't anywhere near GMEX so that also made me think that maybe there's nowhere that appropriate to get for big parties ... after all, we don't have one for LFACC either. Not saying I wouldn't like one, but costs etc might not be realistic.

946076[/snapback]

Yessssss I did indeedy ... seems like forever ago now! Why? :)

Like Yvie said, the crew party really wasn't anywhere near GMEX so that also made me think that maybe there's nowhere that appropriate to get for big parties ... after all, we don't have one for LFACC either. Not saying I wouldn't like one, but costs etc might not be realistic.

946116[/snapback]

I think I was there around the same time as you. I was doing journalism from 2001-2004 and something made me think I'd met you before after I saw you at gmex.

Ive never been to LFACC so glad I know now not to expect one :uhoh:

I know Tippin is from Manchester and goes to uni round the corner so I shall ask her if she has any suggestions.

• Moderators

Oooh you're not a stalker then, that's ok! :wub: lol yeah I've seen a few people from Staffs at conventions n stuff actually .. although I don't usually realise that's where I recognise them from :angel:

A party at Tippin's uni .. then she won't have to put any effort into finding anywhere :D

Oooh you're not a stalker then, that's ok! :D lol yeah I've seen a few people from Staffs at conventions n stuff actually .. although I don't usually realise that's where I recognise them from :wub:

A party at Tippin's uni .. then she won't have to put any effort into finding anywhere :lol:

946258[/snapback]

Nope no stalking here I just remembered some friends who introduced me to cons mentioning you were at staffs. I think we shall have to convince caz thats a good an idea as it sounds for the party. But I think we need one wherever its held our saturday night last time majorly sucked

I live near Manchester... we could have a party at my house if you're really struggling... :D *ponders*

Although... thinking about it, I don't think my parents would be too pleased if I came home with about 100 people in tow!!! Hee hee!

I could say that they all just followed me and I could do nothing to stop them all. I'd be like... *shrugs shoulders* I dunno?!?! :wub:

Annie.

I live near Manchester... we could have a party at my house if you're really struggling... :D *ponders*

Although... thinking about it, I don't think my parents would be too pleased if I came home with about 100 people in tow!!! Hee hee!

I could say that they all just followed me and I could do nothing to stop them all. I'd be like... *shrugs shoulders* I dunno?!?! :wub:

Annie.

946498[/snapback]

that sounds like a plan! btw i love your icon

A Plan it is!!! Not a very good one mind you, but it's a plan! Let's call it plan Z!!!

Thanks for liking my icon! Hee hee! I got it from the official HP site. There's a load of them. You should go and have a look.

Annie.

Edited by AnnieHarbuckle

A Plan it is!!! Not a very good one mind you, but it's a plan! Let's call it plan Z!!!

Thanks for liking my icon! Hee hee! I got it from the official HP site. There's a load of them. You should go and have a look.

Annie.

946503[/snapback]

Im having issues with my computer at the moment so I can't change my icons but I shall be looking for a stan or robert one as soon as my bf brings his over tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Yay a party would be soooo kewl.........couldnt they just leave the g-mex open through most of the night for a party or somthing XDD

There are so many reasons this could not happen.

• Showmasters Admin

TT, ever the optimist :)

BTW it wasn't the Party it's self I was saying wouldn't happen. I think it's possible SM will do one, one day.

It was the "couldnt they just leave the g-mex open" bit that I think is never going to happen. Because there is no "just", there's staff, health and safety, cleaning up after... the list is endless.

TT, ever the optimist :)

BTW it wasn't the Party it's self I was saying wouldn't happen. I think it's possible SM will do one, one day.

It was the "couldnt they just leave the g-mex open" bit that I think is never going to happen. Because there is no "just", there's staff, health and safety, cleaning up after... the list is endless.

k....i was joking about the all night thing XD