My Guest Suggestions for Empire Day 17

lee_c00per

i know its first time signers really but how about some of the rarer signers ie leslie schofield,malcolm tierney,silas carson,john fensom,gary kurtz,stuart freeborn,kay freeborn,sally sinclair and kershner although i'm not sure if he lives in the uk i always thought he lived in the us but a autograph dealer at collectormania swears he lives in the uk :wub:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

des webb,is he still around?

kevin rubio and lucas marangon?

los bros hildebrandt?

hey,what about someome like allan kausch,or somebody from lucas licensing,or whatever they're calling themselves these days...

howard chaykin,i got a star wars issue one that's just dying for an autograph.

I just got the first confirmation! You are going to love this guy as he's never done a show before. He doesn't live in England and isn't even in the movie business anymore. That's all I can say at this time. I'm sure Jason (whom I've already informed and provided with a photograph) will announce this guest shortly.

I just got the first confirmation!  You are going to love this guy as he's never done a show before.  He doesn't live in England and isn't even in the movie business anymore.  That's all I can say at this time.  I'm sure Jason (whom I've already informed and provided with a photograph) will announce this guest shortly.

972679[/snapback]

sounds good, looking forward to the announcement

Nice.

I also got my first 'no' as well.  Brigitte Kahn who played Torryn Farr in ESB will not be attending - neither will she at any upcoming event (hence my announcement).  She has no interest in attending fan events.  Sorry!

973388[/snapback]

Thats a shame - I thought she was a maybe for the last ED event no? - Oh well

I'm looking forward to hear the anoucment of the rare guest you have coming who dosent live in the England - im guessing he's from scotland or wales

Hopefully Kamay Lau will be attending - conventionguests said a while ago they emailed showmasters but didnt hear back - hopefully they have now and she is a attending

Edited by Dr jones

Bountyhunter - the guest you were talking about was it one or both of the rebel hoth troopers that have been annouced?

Or is it someone else new that hasnt been announced?

Well, Dr Jones, they are not from Scotland, but both from Norway.

I was able to secure two of the Hoth Troopers and am looking into getting two more.

974136[/snapback]

Thats great - Very suprised as i thought Empire Day only has guests from the UK.

Hopefully they take on Kamay Lau - come on showmasters get kamay shes been offered to you!!

I saw Kamay Lau on the conventionguests site and also Martin Bou Mansor, can anyone familiarise me with what else he did? The name is very familiar and im told he did a segment for the dvd or Star Wars website aswell, will he be a guest anyway??? :)

those two hoth troopers are from norway?

the poor fellas... all that time in the frozen wastes of finse.

i can just imagine it.

the empire location shoot crew get back to blighty and nobody bothered to do a roll-call.

they'd been forgotten... until now.

The other 2 Hoth Troopers would be great please Mark :lol:

I am still waiting for Michael Culver to be announced :clap:

As well as him can we have,

Paul Brooke - Malinki the Rancor Keeper

Malcolm Tierry - Imperial Officer (ANH)

John Chapman - Drifter

Gary Kurtz as he did cancel from ED 15

I saw Kamay Lau on the conventionguests site and also Martin Bou Mansor, can anyone familiarise me with what else he did? The name is very familiar and im told he did a segment for the dvd or Star Wars website aswell, will he be a guest anyway??? :)

974294[/snapback]

I belive Martin Bou Mansor is also a photographer so not sure if that has connections with star wars?

Bring on Kamay Lau!!!!

or were they a couple of locals roped into a bit of filming.

oh...

974309[/snapback]

Most of the Hoth Troopers were part of a force of volunteers of the Red Cross in Drammen (near Oslo).

As for Finse, I plan to go there myself next April It's going to be great, I think... (I hope).

that was it!

i remember it being said that they were some kind of search/rescue team from the norweigen army or something.

good for them!

and well done you for getting them!!!

i feel a drawing coming on.

Edited by jamie1138

hahaha...

nothing sinister- i fancy myself as a bit of a wannabe artist and i amassed some photo references of various troopers for an abandoned project a while ago. (*)

after reading about the latest announced guests i 'felt a drawing coming on' and dug out the photos to start work.

hence,the term 'feel a drawing coming on.'!

*on the supremely talented matt skiltons' website,he has a similar illustration to the one i had planned.

except his is better.

• 4 weeks later...

I belive Martin Bou Mansor is also a photographer so not sure if that has connections with star wars?

Bring on Kamay Lau!!!!

Im not sure what other connection Martin has with Star Wars (apart from being one of the Naboo Guards of course!) but his name is familiar and was featured in one of the documentaries im sure, he's on the CG site along with Kamay Lao. I have to admit im not too eager for more Hoth troopers so my ED17 wish list (for now) is:

Martin BouMansor

Kamay Lao

Friday Wilson

Anyone agree?