"I told Matt Lewis what slash is!"

TurkFox

I was at GMex on Saturday and Sunday, and thoroughly enjoyed myself - apart from queing outside from 7am... still, it meant my friend and I were almost at the front of the pre-booked tickets queue.

The main thing that happened this weekend involved Matthew Lewis:

First time I met him, I was nervous, and had only met Stanislav "what was the question?" Ianevski and Roger Lloyd Pack. I just got my autograph, a photo with him, then went away. I went to see Robert Pattinson, Katie Leung, Danny John-Jules and Robert Llwellyn.

Later that afternoon, it was time for the HP talk (Tolga Safer is so lovely!). For some reason after that, I felt confident, and went to get another autograph from Matt. I said, "I read on your website that you don't know what slash is" and he basically said what he said on the Ask Matt bit. I then launched into an explanation of what it was, and he was like "Neville? With Malfoy?!". I knew he'd remember me after that.

I went back on Sunday to get an autograph for my friend, and I said: "I hope I didn't scare you too much with my slash explanation yesterday" and he said I didn't, and talked for a bit. I went to the second talk, which he joined in with. Someone asked if any of them had ever been traumatised by fanfiction and Matt said "well, someone actually told me the meaning of the word slash" and everyone cheered (and I went bright red). I was so amazed that I got mentioned in the talk!

I was back talking to Matt and Tolga again, and Matt made me explain it to some girls who were there. Matt will definetely remember me, and that will be my new claim to fame!

My photos and random stories:

Me and Stanislav Ianevski (Viktor Krum):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5dee.jpg

Me and Tolga Safer (Karkaroff's Aide):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5do8.jpg

This guy was great! *attempts to avoid a fangirl-esque eep*

The boys (Stanislav Ianevski, Tolga Safer and Matt):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5fe0.jpg

Me and Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5g2f.jpg

Me and Robert Llwellyn (Kryten from 'Red Dwarf'):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5gnl.jpg

I was really excited to meet him, because I've been a fan of Red Dwarf for a very long time. He was very friendly, and he was smiling the whole day.

Me and Katie Leung (Cho Chang):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5icx.jpg

A fellow Scot! My friend Michael was excited to meet her - so much, in fact, that he stole my trademark thing: going "eeeep!" when someone hot/lovely is there. He was too scared to ask for his picture taken, so I had to ask for him.

Me and Danny John-Jules (Cat from 'Red Dwarf'):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5jbm.jpg

I was also excited to meet him, because as well as him being in Red Dwarf (which I love), he's an amazing dancer as well and I really admire his talent in all three fields (dance, acting and singing). Oh, and he's hot!

Me and Roger Lloyd Pack (Barty Crouch):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5jsi.jpg

I've been watching him on tv for as long as I can remember, but I was surprisingly calm talking to him. He's very friendly, too.

Me and Matthew Lewis:

http://i1.tinypic.com/npg9aq.jpg

Me and Matt (again):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5p1h.jpg

How amazing does he look here?! I love this picture so much! I'm so glad the whole red-eye thing never happened, because you can see his amazing eyes.

Edited by TurkFox

I wish everyone would stop going on about Robert as though he was on something - give the boy a break... it was his first convention, and I think he handled it fine!!

He was perfectly lovely to everyone in his queue - signed whatever we asked for, and stood up for pictures... even dressed up in bunny ears, which was pretty random...

Everyone assumes that just because someone's an actor, they'll be good at public speaking or being on stage. To me, Robert just wasn't comfortable in that situation... he looked nervous and embarrassed, not on something!!

Anyone who went to see him would notice that his eyes were not glazed over or anything, either.

I actually over heard people critising his appearance aswell, dissing his hair and clothes - the boy has a right to look like and wear anything he chooses!! grrr

rant over!!

Me and Tolga Safer (Karkaroff's Aide):

http://i1.tinypic.com/np5do8.jpg

This guy was great! *attempts to avoid a fangirl-esque eep*

925535[/snapback]

If you love Tolga, we started a forum about him being King of Hogwarts at http://kingofhogwarts.proboards51.com/index.cgi?

Glad you had fun! It was ace, and all the guests were great, especially, as you said, the HP people.

Evie_Nitram, Cadiliniel went up to Rob and asked if she could touch his hair! And he let her!

And Tolga told us that he was very anti-drugs, so he most definitely was not on anything...apparently he's just like that!

• Moderators

To be fair, most of us tend to look like we're on something during events. That's what lack of sleep does to you! And an excessive amount of alcohol for some people :rolleyes: so people just joke about those things, it's no big deal.

i wanted to go and get Robert to do the suggestive eyebrows he did towards Harry in GoF but i couldnt go :(

Maybe another time

925727[/snapback]

yes, next time!

Great pics you have there and poor Matt! But he had to learn some time :D

925734[/snapback]

Oh yeah great pics :(

love the one of Rob... yes he odes look " on " something but he still looks gorge :(

and loving the fact you can see down his top :P i see some TITTY

*ahem*

sorry :rolleyes:

Bobert is a dude - just because he didn't act the way you expected doesn't mean he's on something! He's just like my cousin is! I'm so used to the randomness I was completely unphased lol - he was great fun to talk to and have a laugh with! He was easy to talk to as well! Come on he was the only person who answered my dream question in the second hp talk which has actually made me have a really weird dream about me fencing him with barnicle hilted bone swords...how g-mex can destroy your sanity XD

And David - we all know what lack of sleep does -huggles-

Bobert is a dude - just because he didn't act the way you expected doesn't mean he's on something! -

925743[/snapback]

personally i wouldnt mind if he was " on " something or not. As long as he had fun and was fun to talk to and all that :rolleyes:

And anyway more than once i've been asked if im " on " something lol and i never am so... :D

I agree with the others that he did look like he was on something but that doesn't necessarily mean he is! TBH he just looked tired and hungover, just like most of us did :lol: But apparently he always looks like that. He was lovely when i met him and his appearance didn't bother me at all. he even commented on my bustle dress that i was wearing :lol:

I didn't get to G-Mex unfortunately (lack of funds), but it looks like it was a fantastic weekend. I just have to say, with all this discussion about Robert Pattinson 'being on something', from the piccies I've seen he looks like he's spent a couple of nights without sleep, rather than being on something. I don't want anyone to thing I'm saying anything against him, I wasn't there so I don't know about how he was for those who met him (can I just say I am extremely jealous of you all). I nearly didn't recognise him in some of the photos I've seen, but he looks like he was very friendly, and had quite a good time meeting everyone. He probably looked a bit rough from nerves, as someone else has said.

I didn't get to G-Mex unfortunately (lack of funds), but it looks like it was a fantastic weekend.  I just have to say, with all this discussion about Robert Pattinson 'being on something', from the piccies I've seen he looks like he's spent a couple of nights without sleep, rather than being on something.  I don't want anyone to thing I'm saying anything against him, I wasn't there so I don't know about how he was for those who met him (can I just say I am extremely jealous of you all).  I nearly didn't recognise him in some of the photos I've seen, but he looks like he was very friendly, and had quite a good time meeting everyone.  He probably looked a bit rough from nerves, as someone else has said.

925841[/snapback]

I think he did get very scared in the talk sometimes that can get people to just keep talking even when they don't know what they are in fact saying.

He was very nice when I met him he smiled and was very warm and when I asked for a hug got so damn excited saying I love it when people ask for hugs. He really made my weekend saying that because sometimes you feel like they not very happy about hugging but do it to make people feel special.

After all we are total stangers to them.

I didn't get to G-Mex unfortunately (lack of funds), but it looks like it was a fantastic weekend.  I just have to say, with all this discussion about Robert Pattinson 'being on something', from the piccies I've seen he looks like he's spent a couple of nights without sleep, rather than being on something.  I don't want anyone to thing I'm saying anything against him, I wasn't there so I don't know about how he was for those who met him (can I just say I am extremely jealous of you all).  I nearly didn't recognise him in some of the photos I've seen, but he looks like he was very friendly, and had quite a good time meeting everyone.  He probably looked a bit rough from nerves, as someone else has said.

925841[/snapback]

I think he did get very scared in the talk sometimes that can get people to just keep talking even when they don't know what they are in fact saying.

He was very nice when I met him he smiled and was very warm and when I asked for a hug got so damn excited saying I love it when people ask for hugs. He really made my weekend saying that because sometimes you feel like they not very happy about hugging but do it to make people feel special.

After all we are total stangers to them.

925885[/snapback]

Aww Cat I didn't know he said that about the hug, that's so cute!

The picture of Rob seems to be very popular with a lot of females on the various forums I visit!

926060[/snapback]

think the fact that you can see all the way down his shirt may have something to do with that...XD

I loved the way he looked! :lol: and i concur on the above observation  :D

The comments made about him being on something,on my part at least are made in jest,im not making out hes the next pete docherty,i think he handled himself just fine from what i saw of him.

X

926168[/snapback]

He was ace! Not as cool as Bob - but then nobody can be that cool! XD I heard that some people actually went up to him and had a go at him for how he looked!

Poor Bobert! He's lovely! Very random but lovely!

Poor guy is probably scarred for life now.  He may need counselling!  :wub:

926280[/snapback]

hahahahaha! lmao!! indeed, the poor boy! but better to be told sooner rather than later. i eman.. anyone coudl give him a slash story... well... if they were brave enough! *giggles at the thought*

=x=

I was back talking to Matt and Tolga again, and Matt made me explain it to some girls who were there. Matt will definetely remember me, and that will be my new claim to fame!

That would have been me and my mates!! woo! lol. i understood it when it was said in the talk but they didnt i was explaining what i thought slash meant to, which was the same as matts.

(and we were the ones that got them gatecrashing katie and robs talk!!!! :P )

He was ace! Not as cool as Bob - but then nobody can be that cool! XD I heard that some people actually went up to him and had a go at him for how he looked!

wow,thats not good at all,i hope if that is true then he told them in no uncertain terms to go and jump off the nearest bridge. :lol:

Matt has probably been online to check out all the slashy fics written about him since CM :lol:

wow,thats not good at all,i hope if that is true then he told them in no uncertain terms to go and jump off the nearest bridge.:rolleyes:

Matt has probably been online to check out all the slashy fics written about him since CM ;)

926572[/snapback]

LOL! I have been told bob has been online and reading our write ups from g-mex. lol YAY BOB!