rickyparty

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Guerrero passes away

by Dave Meltzer

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis this morning at the age of 38.

The only details available is that Guerrero came in yesterday for tonight's scheduled television tapings at the Target Center where he was scheduled in the main event. He was staying at the Marriott City Center hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

He had an early wake-up call shortly after 7 a.m. that he didn't answer. Chavo Guerrero, who he was traveling with, called the room and again got no answer. When knocks on his hotel room door went unanswered, security got the door open and Eddie was found dead in the bathroom.

Many have noted the coincidence both of Guerrero passing away in a hotel room, similar to Brian Pillman, in 1997, in nearby Bloomington.

from the wrestling observer .

im just in SHOCK

can't really think of what to write other than r.i.p eddie

To say this took me off guard is the understatement of the year.....I came on to this section of the forums as usual. and saw the title and automatically thought that it was someone else named Eddie Guerrero, like a family member or something, then I click the link and the feeling of shock and utter disbelief hit me, not disbelief in the way that I figured it was a storyline and not real, just the unexpected nature of it, and it really hit me hard, I mean just last night I watched Smackdown and after that the ECW One Night Stand PPV which I taped when it was on, both of which featured Eddie.....and you realise after seeing him alive and well on T.V, and the fact there have been no health problems documented in any way, shape or form, it just takes you by surprise, and believe me I am and always have been, and always will be a guy who has a huge amout of respect for Eddgie Guerrero, as an athlete, he was amazing to watch, just such good value for money, one of the very best in the industry today, and for many years too

I know the term legend is used somewhat loosely nowadays, which does take away from the emphasis and meaning of the word, but it is so fitting to this man, who was a true great, as a wrestler, and as a man.....how he beat drugs, got his life on track, battled all his inner demons is an inspiration to us all, it just showed how larger than life he was!!! I was very touched by the documentary "Cheating death, stealing life", it painted a great picture of what this guy has achieved, even inspite of alot of problems and obstacles that came his way, and let's face it, it wasn't just that, but it gave us all hope in realising our dreams, and conquering our ever present issues, that we all suffer in our life

I watched Eddie Guerrero in ECW, WCW, WWE and a few of his Japanese wrestling exploits, and he never failed to impress me!! I think back to his feud with Rey Jnr. in WCW, his long overdue world title win at No Way Out, his high flying antics in ECW and abroad, and I smile, because it takes me back to a time when he was at his best, and was still like that up until the very last moment

It isn't often men like Eddie Guerrero come along, he will always be remembered by alot of critics and synical people as a man with problems, but to me, he'll be remember as the guy who astounded us all with his unrivalled charisma, his fantastic wrestling ability, and his passion and mind for the business

The WWE will be a sadder place without him, for me he was the best wrestler on the Smackdown roster, and next time I watch the show, i'll think about Eddie fondly and smile, and think "he should be here wowing us right now", but tragedy has gone against that, my heartfelt condolences go out to his family, his friends and all of his fans too

R.I.P Eddie, keep the heat burning!!!

Eddie Guerrero-:1967-2005.....thanks for the memories

893746[/snapback]

rip eddie you will always be remebered as a wrestling great you was a great bloke and an excellent wrestle you will be missed by the superstars and the wwe fans rip eddie

I was reading one of the other forums and someone had put well at least it happened now and not when he had the belt and another had said we should have expected it god how cruel some people are this is a mans life we are talking about who has two children and a wife left behind makes me so mad :D

To say I am in shock is a major understatement.

I was fortune enough to meet Eddie several times in the last 11 years. Regardless if he was the Mexican that started new in WCW, Latino Heat or any of his other roles: he was one of the most friendly persons to chat with and always generous in giving time to his fans.

I still remember seeing him live for the first time. It was during a tour in Germany, in a very small venue and everything was very disorganised. The wrestlers were driven around in groups of three in German cars far to small for their needs.

After the show we went to the parking lot and saw these four black cars standing there. We decided to hang around, just hoping we might catch a glimpse of someone. It was December 6 and it was really cold already.

Eddie was one of the first people to come out. He put his bag in the trunk, turned around, saw us and came up to us, introducing himself and started asking us questions. How we liked the show, where we came from, if anybody wanted autographs... He had every right to be fed up, the weather was bad and he had put on a great match with Chris Benoit that night, but he still took his time for us. Heck, he even got Chris to sign for me when he noticed I was hesitating to ask myself because Chris was extremely grumpy.

Rest in peace, Eddie. You were one of the all time greatest and you will be missed.

RIP Eddie

Its certainly shocking news and so unexpected :lol:

Out of all the wrestlers alive today he was the one guy at the top of my list that I wanted to meet because of what he'd overcome in his life and the achievements he'd mad.

At least we got to see him live. You'll be greatly missed Eddie xxx

I was never a huge Eddie fan - But he was part of a rare breed, I cannot think of two more deserving people than him and Benoit to be holding the world title belts at Wrestlemania 20.

But just looking on the surface of what he has accomplished says it all, the man was a Cruiserweight champion and then became a World Champion - That doesn't happen to many people within the industry.

Wrestlers as competent and entertaining as Eddie touch even the most casual wrestling fan, which is why he is going to be remembered as one of the best Wrestlers as well as one of the best entertainers.

Here is a list of titles held and a few pictures from his early years through to his greatest moment at Wrestlemania 20.

LAWA Heavyweight title;

WWA World Trios titles w/Chavo & Mando Guerrero;

WWA World Welterweight title;

AAA/IWC World Tag Team titles w/Art Barr;

ECW Television title (2);

WCW United States Heavyweight title;

WCW Cruiserweight title (2);

PWF World Tag Team titles w/Hector Guerrero;

WWF European title (2);

WWF Intercontinental title (2);

WWA International Cruiserweight title defeating Juventud Guerrera & Psicosis;

IWA Mid-South Heavyweight title;

WWE Tag Team titles w/Chavo Guerrero;

WWE Tag Team titles w/Tajiri defeating Team Angle (Judgement Day 2003);

WWE United States title defeating Chris Benoit in a Tournament Final (Vengeance 200);

WWE Heavyweight title defeating Brock Lesnar (No Way Out February 15, 2004);

WWE Tag Team titles w/Rey Mysterio defeating The Basham Brothers (February 20, 2005);

22.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

08.jpg

RIP Eddie, and God Bless.

I think the moment at Wrestlemania when he and Benoit stood as champions in the ring was one of the most memorable moments I'll ever have of that event. It's a fitting tribute to Eddie that WWE posted the video for that on their site yesterday. From what I've read of Raw and Smackdown's tapings it's a complete Eddie tribute and includes HBK vs Rey Mysterio with Rey paying tribute to his amigo during the match.

Hopefully WWE will pay tribute to Eddie on the UK Tour this week, I think all of the UK fans would like to show Eddie and the WWE just how much they loved Latino Heat and that they will always remember that sometimes, cheaters do prosper :blink:

thats the problem we do take things for granted and its hard when things u cherish go out of your life i know i didnt know eddie on a personal level but after watching him for so long he is part of my wrestling life as with most of the wrestlers as they prob are for most of us on here :D

No f*** it i do.

I gotta six pack getting cold in the fridge, im gonna crack those sons o bitches open tonight and raise every last one of them to the legend that was Eddie.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM...... NO SORRY..........VIVA LA RAZA