Wil Wheaton

theoden_of_rohan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a ST fan myself but I am surprised that he hasn't been to an SM event before already. I think the rest of the crew have been but him except Stewart of course..but even that blonde woman who died has been to a SM con so I wonder why Weaton hasn't been roped in yet? Oops sorry, just read that last bit about not flying.

Edited by nicky

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Other organisers have asked him and he apparently doesnt fly  :wub: . He also talks about his dislike of flying in his book. But I think they should still ask as he could change his mind

898687[/snapback]

They have asked him, so have I... I would love to meet Wil, i have his autograph (just a geek 1st ed signed) and have corresponded briefly (over email) with him but still its the meeting that counts.

So i am saving up to head for Las Vegas for a holiday and i will contact him then to see if he can make it.... The guy loves Vegas and plays lots of poker so maybe i can persuade him to have a game and beat my a$$ at it! lol

To the person who said bugger his fear of flying, thats not very nice, (edit to say i didnt see the smily or the knock him out bit and have now taken it as a joke... MR T style!) its more long haul he doesnt like and if someone made you do something you didnt like you wouldnt be happy and it would reflect in whatever you do!

If you want to meet him so desperately like i do, go to the US he does Los con quite often and flights these days arent too bad!

V xx

Edited by veasse

To the person who said bugger his fear of flying, thats not very nice, (edit to say i didnt see the smily or the knock him out bit and have now taken it as a joke... MR T style!) its more long haul he doesnt like and if someone made you do something you didnt like you wouldnt be happy and it would reflect in whatever you do!

945243[/snapback]

Yes, glad you edited otherwise I would have had to tell you to lighten up lol! I have a lot of respect for Wil Wheaton (hence starting this thread) and wouldn't seriously mock someone's phobia :rolleyes:B)

I just have a dark sense of humour as most people on here know! :D

Anyway, on a lighter note...you come from Exeter? Me toooo :lol:

heehehe!! I moved to Exeter last june!

how about meeting up for a Wil wheaton gush over a cocktail.... or just a coke if you're under 18?!

Where abouts in Exeter are ya? what do you do??

I have been a WW fan since the tender age of 11 (going on 12) and i am now 27! its a loooooooooong time!! (same as Sean Astin)

did any of you ever go on WWDN??? i was a forum member for four years before he closed it down to concentrate on Anne and the kids and his writing!

I ordered Dancing Barefoot within the first couple of hundred and he hand packed and sent it himself, he didnt have time or energy to sign it but it didnt matter as the book is amazing and so is he!

So seriously.... fancy a meet up?

Veasse xxx (Andrea)

heehehe!!  I moved to Exeter last june!

how about meeting up for a Wil wheaton gush over a cocktail.... or just a coke if you're under 18?!

I have been a WW fan since the tender age of 11 (going on 12) and i am now 27! its a loooooooooong time!! (same as Sean Astin)

did any of you ever go on WWDN??? i was a forum member for four years before he closed it down to concentrate on Anne and the kids and his writing!

I ordered Dancing Barefoot within the first couple of hundred and he hand packed and sent it himself, he didnt have time or energy to sign it but it didnt matter as the book is amazing and so is he!

Veasse xxx (Andrea)

945601[/snapback]

Ooooooh, a meet-up sounds fun!!

I was born and bred in Exeter (although I have spent the last 4 years living elsewhere - Asia and then Bristol for uni) and am now living back here with my parents while I look for a nice place to move into with mates (who will be finishing their courses this year!)

I'm currently working with 'challenging' students at Exeter College and I LOVE it (well, the majority of the time) although it can be very hard work!

Erm, what else?

Oh, I'm 23 years old and the idea of cocktails sound GREAT haha!

And as for Wil Wheaton - I've been a fan of his since I was tiny - Stand By Me, Star Trek etc :wub:

You sound like a much bigger fan than me though, so if ever we do meet up I'll bring along my friend Jenny who is another Wil Wheaton obsessee lol

Lee :D

heehehe!!  I moved to Exeter last june!

Veasse xxx (Andrea)

945601[/snapback]

Ooooooh, a meet-up sounds fun!!

I was born and bred in Exeter (although I have spent the last 4 years living elsewhere - Asia and then Bristol for uni) and am now living back here with my parents while I look for a nice place to move into with mates (who will be finishing their courses this year!)

I'm currently working with 'challenging' students at Exeter College and I LOVE it (well, the majority of the time) although it can be very hard work!

Erm, what else?

Oh, I'm 23 years old and the idea of cocktails sound GREAT haha!

And as for Wil Wheaton - I've been a fan of his since I was tiny - Stand By Me, Star Trek etc :blink:

You sound like a much bigger fan than me though, so if ever we do meet up I'll bring along my friend Jenny who is another Wil Wheaton obsessee lol

Lee ^_^

945781[/snapback]

cool and i can bring the books i have.... ~I have a signed just a geek!

Sounds like a cool job, very rewarding!

It also sounds like we are equally matched in the fandom stakes! I think i still have posters somewhere - my god i was a fangirly!

Do you go over to wil wheaton dot net in exile? his website went belly up and so he blogs elsewhere!

its still very cool!

Veasse xxx