Thank you, Julie Caitlin Brown

SciFiMAD

Most people wouldn't really have a clue about her real role in things. She may not come across as the nicest of people to most, but she does play a major part in bringing some of the best guests.

878671[/snapback]

Bringing in the big guests and making sure their needs are met is great and should be as far as an agents job goes.

Being out front, running up and down the queue shouting and screaming at the paying public is unnecessary, unprofessional and just downright rude. I saw no reason that she actually needed to be there unless there was some problem (which there wasn't).

I've been on tour with bands and seen managers able to keep out of the way, do the things they need to do (like sorting out money, making sure the food is available on time etc) and let the crew do their jobs. They are there for when things go wrong, to argue with the organisers and make sure the band are looked after etc but that's it. They leave the running of the show to the stage manager and do not go around shouting at the audience queueing up outside (as a rule anyway).

I'm sure the crew are more than capable of keeping things running smoothly and quickly as they do on all the other queues.

As for MSPG - it's a business. No one forces you to use them. I have as I couldn't make the last LFCC and was very pleased with the service, the minimal mark-up and even got personalised autographs - my choice and I would be more than happy to use them again if I needed to.

Yes I mean it.

I know that a lot of you will not like what i am going to say but here i go.

I am thanking Julie Caitlin Brown because i think without her we would not get the guests that we want to see at any of the shows that Showmasters put on.

I know that with out her we would more then likly not of had the following guests:

Stargate Atlantis Cast - London Film and Comic Con 2

William Shatner - Collectormania 8

Chris Judge - London Film and Comic Con 2 and most likly G-MEX1

I have been told that she was the person that got the hobbits!!

I think if she was not working with Showmasters we would not be getting the quality that we are getting and for that i thank her.

Again Julie Caitlin Brown thank you.

878420[/snapback]

Regarding Hobbits ONLY

From what I knew it was actualy a SM person who is no longer working with SM who got them for C-4 as he knews 1 of the actures .

Edited by Nili

other guests dont bring their agents or managers to the actual event to sit with them (at least not as far as I've seen) so why is it necessary for her to be right there? Can she not stay behind the scenes if she must be around? Fans dont want to meet, or even interact, with her, they want to meet and interact with the person they've paid to meet. She always seems to get in the way of that somehow.

It's hardly surprising that MSPG Autographs are keen to praise JCB - after all she has helped to make them a rather tidy profit on all of the autographs that they will sell on at a 200-300% mark up in some cases.

878642[/snapback]

Actually I'm sure that as sponsors, MSPG are a lot more aware of JCB's involvement in the shows and what she does, rather than people who just see her as someone who sits there and pushes people through etc.

Most people wouldn't really have a clue about her real role in things. She may not come across as the nicest of people to most, but she does play a major part in bringing some of the best guests.

And so what if MSPG make a profit? It's a business after all :P Some people believe that JCB was detrimental to profits ... everyone seems to see it a different way.

878671[/snapback]

I'm just woundering , no mater how big a role she playes in geting thows geuests is it still worth SM to have all thows ppl comlain about her and basicly say thay do not wont to get any were near her or the poepal she reprisents ... on one hand she might be geting good guests , big names on the other ..well look at all the disponted postes , not to menshen angree ones ...is it still worth it for SM ?

...do thay realy cear ?

some people are alway's gonna complain about something .... after this event ... people complained about WS whizzing through the autograpghs not taking enough time THEN people complained about andy hallet taking too much time to sign autograpghs :wub: at the end of the day you go to meet the guest not the agent (no matter wot u say about julie) you all must of heard the rumours about WS ^_^

Edited by vamp willow

I'm sorry to say it but in some ways JCB does a great job such as, from what I saw, at the Harvest, she did do alot to help BUT I personally work in a very difficult environment where I am quite often given a lot of grief, I've been threatened and assaulted more than once and have had more than one death threat BUT I have never ever been rude to a person, these people are not paying me in any way, shape or form but I believe that everyone deserves to be respected, you can have all the money in the world but manners are far more important.

She may have a difficult and stressful job and she may bring all these actors to us but if public relations are not her strong point maybe she should take a back seat and stick to what she's best at.

Yeah ok, Brown may be responsible for quite a few of the guests' appearances over the years, but it ends there, THAT IS HER JOB! For every good guest she has been responsible for, she's insulted 10 attendees, and if you ask a lot of people, it may not ruin the experience, but it has to be said that she's been responsible for souring many peoples events. For the life of me, I cannot understand WHY and topic on here has been started to openly THANK her for this. Why not thank Adam West's(one of the busiest guests all weekend) agent, who was next to him the whole time, and was very friendly and polite? Or thank any of the agents of the other guests, who didnt even make appearances, as they knew that the Showmasters crowd could handle things alright. No, let's thank the woman who was cheeky, arrogant and rude to all but a handful of people, simply because she finds the best 'gigs' for her clients.

We should not thank her for doing her job! She is supposed to get the guests gigs! Its her JOB!

I have alot of problems with JCB (even though my mates and I use another name for her in private!)

Last year I spoke to her thinking she was another fan waiting in the queue and she shouted at me for no apparent reason! (I asked a question like - I wonder why there is not more Alexis pics from Angel and she got really funny about it) it was not until later that I even realised who she was!

I have heard alot of stories about her at Buffy/Angel conventions including screaming at people to get in line when they were standing in a completely straight and organised line!

There is no need to be rude to the fans, none at all! If she was polite then she would get a much better response. In fact, by annoying everyone i think she does the opposite to what her job should be!

She should be behind the scenes making sure her employer is fine - not upsetting the crowd for no apparent reason.

I think she is mean and un-necessary and the stars should take her to task. The stars need the fans to see their films and buy autographs and they should inform JCB of this small fact!

I'm sorry that I think she was nice...but I have to say that I found it funny when she did a signing and NO ONE queued for her!

881911[/snapback]

She was one of the nicest guests that i have every got a autograph off, she was more then happy to personallize it, let me have a photo take with her and even talked to me for about 10 mins.

Lots of guests do not have big or any queues but some people like them or Showmasters would not put them there. Look at the Doctor Who reunion or Blake 7 reunion they had no queue.

I think a lot of people on here think that it was here who told Shatner to not do this and not do that. But it was him who has the final say in anything and he made it so that he was on a farm moving cattle though very very quickly, to MAKE money.

Edited by SciFiMAD

I have met Julie Caitlin Brown on several occassions, we had her once here in Holland as one of the guests at a small convention, and that is good opportunity to get to know someone quite well. .It is true, she is very much 'present' and loud and she is an absolute horror to convention organizers, but I

have never heard her yell or scream or being rude to fans (or to actors), in my presence at least.

Are you sure this is not a cultural thing: American versus British behaviour? I know that British often find Americans rude especially people with the personality of JCB.

One other thing I noticed: JCB is at her best when she has something to do: let her sit at a table with no one paying attention and she becomes bored and strats manifesting herself. Let a convention proceed too smoothly so that she just has nothing to do, she'll find something to do. But let her solve a problem and she gets it done, there's no doubt about that.

Her sense of humor is also rather special, and you have to get used to this.

I have heard many stories about her, but let me tell you one other thing. We recently had a bit of a mess at a Dutch convention. It was JCB who saved the second day for us fans, because she stepped in and negotiated a new agreement with the organizers, not to let us fans down. I do appreciate that.

I also appreciated it when she came over to one of the actors with a request from a fan who was too shy to ask the actor directly. She took care of that for this person. I have respect for someone who has this eye for detaill in the face of a much larger problem.

• 3 weeks later...