How was ADAM WEST this time around?

nicky

Did the agent have almost shoulder blond hair and a bit of a tan? If that is the case then yes! He is still the same guy although yesterday (Friday) he was very pleasent and in no way I would call him an a$$.

He was helping keep things moving, which was need esp after Adam turned up at 3pm.

He liked my photo and even passed comment to Adam about it saying that it was a nice photo. Adam went to sign in it in balck ad he was like no wait do it in gold it will look nicer!

I must warn you Adam West has a bad back so he can not move to well so if he comes accross grumpy it will because of that. Yesterday he was great allowed photos but he couldn't move because of his back

I thought Adam West was pretty fair yesterday especially after being well renowned for being an ass.

He was posing for photos but could nt stand as he had a bad back as said and wasnt allowing the flash to be on.

when I got to the front and put my photo on the table he decided to turn round and talk to his agent and then the crew member behind him and no amount of nudgin from any staff seemed to get him in gear. He didnt seem to be all that with it when I saw him a little after 3 yesterday. Maybe the painkillers were making him drowsy.

Still once he decided to sign my photo he seemed pleasnt enough and spoke briefly to me.

Nowhere near as bad as the stories you hear about him anyway.

He did exactly the same to me, when i got to the front of the line he was arguing with his agent, was almosy unaware i was even there. He didnt seem with it at all. Still i am fairly happy with my signature but he isnt anywhere near as pleasant to meet as Englund or Eleniak and Karen Allen was fantastic. Dont get me started with s***ner.

Edited by rich5wolves

Just wondering if he has sparked up a bit at all since LFCC1 in March 04 and if he still has that a$$hole of an agent.

874007[/snapback]

He was polite enough to me, he smiled and everything. Although...When I bought the two little lads I had with me up for a photo with him, he's looking at me on the photo, not the camera. Ah well.

i was very pleased with my experience with Adam west. He liked my name as it it adam aswell :D and then he asked me what i did when i wasnt at the event. a very pleasant man. as mightmax said he did turn up at 3pm which was a shame cause i could have left alot earlier after meeting shatner. at 2pm

Met Adam West today and he was only the second guest I've ever met at Collectormania after Shatner on Friday.

Was a great experience for me as he was polite and friendly enough to have a chat and a laugh with and seemed really down to earth, asking about my shirt (Arsenal shirt) and he signed my Mayor West figure I'd bought instead of a photo. Then asked what my favourite line on the show was, the taffy line, and then said it for me!!!! :P

Was brilliant, excellent guest :D

Adam was the tops! No question!! Despite all of the stuff I hear about him I have met him on six seperate occassions, the first when I was 12 in 1976 in Selfridges in London, and every time he was a real star. Polite and friendly. I had a custom built Batman action figure which he and Fred Westbrook, his manager and not his son for definite, really admired and even went as far as to say I should attempt to get licenced and mass produce. I explained I only make the figures for my own enjoyment and Adam signed it free of charge which I never asked him to do. He did it because I guess if he is treated right he is good right back at ya! A legend. Shatner too was great to me and smiled and acknowledged my thanks for him coming along. These guys don't have to do it so a polite thank you is in order in my opinion. Well done Showmasters.

The guy was great.

He signed a photo for me and his autobiography for my mate.

adding to the front of the book "Pure West"

When the wife and I said thank you very much, he smiled back and his eye's lit up.

give the guy a break, he's been doing this kind of stuff since the 60's and it must get you down being surrounded by people. (I imagine being on their side of the table is like looking out into a remake of Dawn of the Dead!! with us as the zombies)

I respect this man and thank him for coming to C8.

It was a pleasure to meet him.

I didn't want to meet him at LFACC1, as lots of people were complaining about him not being very nice.

But I wanted to meet him this time round, as I had a picture of him in Family Guy as the Mayor, which I didnt think he'd sign, but he did :headscratch:

He didnt really talk much, as it seemed his agent was talking for him, asking me all these questions about the picture, and how much I liked Family Guy and if I knew about Adam singing with Peter Griffin in the Stewie movie etc...

He seemed a nice guy, but it was a shame that his agent was talking for him!?!

I asked if he wouldn't mind me having a photo with him, which he didnt, but as I was looking at the camera, he said something about Family guy, but I didnt know if he was talking to me or his agent?

Anyway, Im really please he signed my Mayor West pic, I'll try and scan it and put it up, if anyone wants to see it?

Just wondering if he has sparked up a bit at all since LFCC1 in March 04 and if he still has that a$$hole of an agent.

874007[/snapback]

Adam does have the same agent. I can see where you are comming from about his agent being annoying, however that is only when they are both in business mode. Adam is a great bloke when he wants to be and when he is not to busy. His agent is the same, I got on great with his agent, I spent about 1/2 of sunday with Adam, his agent and Catherine, (Gemma and Nick also crew) and I had a great afternoon, everyone was relaxed and we were able to have a laugh.

A

Met Adam at the LFCC and he was a bit grumpy. Met him on Saturday at C8 and he was in a great mood and really friendly (as was his agent). Got a great picture with him too. He even wanted to check the camera afterwards to make sure it was him in the photo! ( his agent then proceeded to try and steal my camera in his jacket). Couple of real nice guys.

Shatner was also friendly, making eye contact, smiling and thanking me for coming. Really great show! :rolleyes: