*faints*

Nell

I'm gonna be traveling from Plymouth. I was told megabus was quite good, I do get travel sick sometimes but I guess there will be no other way for me to travel cheaply. Even with a travel card it's bloody expensive. I worry about the accomodation more than the travel though.

Hi, I'm travelling from Plymouth too.

Currently flights out of the airport for the Friday, Saturday and returning Sunday or Monday are only £19 each way.

Can't afford to book tickets yet and the prices can and do change, but it's not a bad deal.

Alternatively, I could well drive up, I know there's another one of us on here who's from sunny Torquay!

awww, Moony - you can stay at my sister's with me if you like....

Thanks, Tippin has offered for me to stay at hers so hopefully should be ok. Although still thinking of cancelling C8 because of money :rolleyes:

it costs £60 on the train from swindon to manchester! :rolleyes:

Get a cheap ticket to London.

THen london to Manchester goes from £13 or so each way.

And Megabus, for all its awfulness is only £1.50 each way.

Cost versus comfort. Your choice, but not difficult to get there cheaply.

theres no such thing as a cheap ticket from swindon to london, we only have first great western direct fast jobbies and they cost £50! its still gunna cost a bomb!

it costs £60 on the train from swindon to manchester! :wub:

You could always stay at mine beforehand and we could drive up together? Just an idea......... :rolleyes:

awwww! as long as you don't mind me puking in your car lol I mean obviously I would use a bag or stick my head out the window! lol that aint actually a bad idea, cuz petrol money would be far less than the train! *ponders*

Hehe finally a con in my home town :wub:

I love you guys  :lol:

I might come just to stalk u :wub:

I hope lots of people come just to stalk me :D

I could be the offical "I'm from Manchester" guest :o

Hehe finally a con in my home town :wub:

I love you guys  :wub:

I might come just to stalk u :wub:

I hope lots of people come just to stalk me :D

I could be the offical "I'm from Manchester" guest :D

mmmmm another stalker I could meet

• 2 weeks later...
it costs ?60 on the train from swindon to manchester! :D

You could always stay at mine beforehand and we could drive up together? Just an idea......... :lol:

awwww! as long as you don't mind me puking in your car lol I mean obviously I would use a bag or stick my head out the window! lol that aint actually a bad idea, cuz petrol money would be far less than the train! *ponders*

843028[/snapback]

OR you could take motion sickness tablets B) lol

• 1 month later...
What you got to think is... MEGABUS and railcards! lol!

839803[/snapback]

I wish dude! cost wise MEGABUS from London would rock but it's 3.5hours to London from Cardiff and then about that / 4hours up to Manchester so 7hours in total if not longer :rolleyes::lol:

WITH a student railcard it's over £30! and takes anything from 3.5-4.5hours, eeek! :o <----- actually I thought it would be more than that :D it's £50 WITH 1/3 off to York! :D

*sigh*

luckilly I seem to live in the middle of the two, time wise!

surfy sah xx

You could get the mega bus from London to Sheffield and then get the train into Manchester. That should cut a bit of time off your journey and would probably only cost about £16-£20. The express trains from Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly only take 50 minutes and they depart from Sheffield every half hour (Every 11 minutes past is the train from Cleethorpes to Manchester Airport, and every 43 minutes past is the train heading to Liverpool Lime Street). There's only one stop between Sheffield and Manchester Piccadilly which is Stockport. I go to university in Sheffield and live in Manchester so I know all about it!

Hope I've helped. Let me know if you want any more info (annie_potter_2004@hotmail.com).

Annie.