This Should Be Its New Shortened Name

Crostini

Can we have a tagline 'C-Mex to the Max! Fo Shizzle ma nizzle g-mex dowg peace out, A town down'

or just the first bit?

I think I shall call it the C-Disney-Mex because of course, at this thing you might just get all the rest Disney people :wub::lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Actually thinking about it, I kind of wish SM should had called it...MFCC

Manchester Film and Comic Con

Collectormania for me will always be synonyms with the Milton Keynes shopping centre. The crowds, the shoppers, there's just something wrong with not having a collectormania in a shopping centre :D

i still just call it Gmex

Tom me Collectormania is milton Keynes so its simply going to be Gmex

845680[/snapback]

But the Gmex is the Gmex! I'm sure they've already copyrighted that one.

Besides, I prefer CM Semtex.

• Showmasters Admin

845680[/snapback]

847717[/snapback]

After recent events that's not really funny is it!

845680[/snapback]

847717[/snapback]

After recent events that's not really funny is it!

849024[/snapback]

Ah come on Stuart ! People have been blowing each other up all over the world for decades, centuries even. We don't achieve anything by sweeping stuff under the carpet .... except a big lump that everybody had to walk around !

It's that kind of stuff, and the people that wanted to rename the then unreleased second LOTR film after 9/11 that complicates things.

Did you read in the paper last week where white, English couple were not allowed Robbie Williams' Angels played at their civil ceremony because it might offend other ethnic groups ? The world has gone PC mad ! How would any of the invited guests at a private event be offended by a throw away pop song ?

The americans don't say Happy Christmas, they say Happy Holidays ... again to avoid causing offence. The thing is, I find THAT offensive. Christmas IS a christian holiday / festival. The fact that the modern world has "hijacked" it as an end-of-year / blow out / party season is by the by !

Yes stuff happens, and it's often tragic for those caught up in it, but life goes on .... it HAS to ! If you were to take everything that has ever been tragic out of everyday conversation, we'd be left with the weather, and chunky kit-kats :lol:

[/rant]

• Showmasters Admin

I agree totally with you mate.

At what point did I say we shouldn't talk about it?

There is a big difference between going OTT and changing names of films than just not joking about it.

It's just personally I don't think that we should be making light of it. There are at the moment still people grieving. I'm not saying don't talk about it, I just think we should have some respect for those effected.

My opinion is that the comment was uncalled for, and unfunny. If you disagree that's fine. I was just airing my opinion.

Edited by Too Tall

All good comment, and fair enough, but who was making light of the London Tube bombings ? Who even mentioned them ? I feel responsible for this discussion now, because earlier in the thread I picked up on the proposed abbreviation "C-Mex" sounding like an explosive. This was then refered back to more recently.

The likeleyhood of actually calling the event Collectormania Semtex is as likely as me (and you've met me :D ) running the three minute mile, that's obvious :D But the other person's post was a harmless, disposable reference to that unlikelyhood.

It's similar to the David Beckam Tsunami / Toon Army "joke" earlier in the year. The humour is not derived from a quarter or a million dead, it's from allegation that David Beckam is thicker than a ticket tout's wad !

Yes it mentioned semtex, but did NOT mention London, or the bombings. It didn't mention (let alone disrespect) those events, their barbarity, or the memory of the dead in any way whatsoever, nor is the new Collectormania event even in London. I can't speak for anyone else, but I doubt that anyone was "making light of it". I (and I live in Northern Ireland :lol: ) certainly wasn't !

So I can't really see what was inappropriate or offensive about the remark in that isolated context. ie I inferred that you believe that "talking about" semtex generally is "not really funny".

• Showmasters Admin
CM G-MEX.

Nice and simple.

just like LFACC, CM(8), AG (autographica)

839584[/snapback]

How about C-mex.

849213[/snapback]

It's not Jason's fav ^_^

I like C-Mex but Jason hates it! (Which is a perfect reason to use it  :wub: )

Andrea

839655[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm big enough to admit when I'm being a grumpy old git and stop.

Fair point and well put Mr. D  :lol:

Apolagies to choc1.

849099[/snapback]

Hello, haven't posted for a while cause I was embarrassed at the offence caused, but apology accepted, ta. :D

It honestly wasn't a reference to what you thought, as the substance in question is famously known for being used by people in London and NI a few decades ago, I didn't think about linking that with current events. It was just a stupid throwaway remark. I don't post very much, now I know why! Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
I like MFCC.  I think that works well.  Collectormania is defo a name for the MK events.

850220[/snapback]

I think this is the best name submitted so far, in fact that's what me and my mate are calling it already.

859124[/snapback]

Call me stupid, but what does that stand for?.. :D:o

I like MFCC.  I think that works well.  Collectormania is defo a name for the MK events.

850220[/snapback]

I think this is the best name submitted so far, in fact that's what me and my mate are calling it already.

859124[/snapback]

Call me stupid, but what does that stand for?.. :unsure::rolleyes:

864135[/snapback]

O'm guessing Manchester Film and Comic Con!

• Showmasters Admin

850220[/snapback]

859124[/snapback]

Call me stupid, but what does that stand for?.. :P:huh:

864135[/snapback]

O'm guessing Manchester Film and Comic Con!

864188[/snapback]

Yep :(

PS: I did write that back on page 2 ;)

Actually thinking about it, I kind of wish SM had called it...MFCC

Manchester Film and Comic Con

Collectormania for me will always be synonyms with the Milton Keynes shopping centre. The crowds, the shoppers, there's just something wrong with not having a collectormania in a shopping centre  ;)

845610[/snapback]

Edited by Too Tall