Would you pay more money for better guests?

Mondasant63

If a potential guest was going to charge £40 or more per signature, would you pay?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. If a potential guest was going to charge £40 or more per signature, would you pay?

• Yes, I'd pay this amount.
    • No, It's too much.
    • I'd wait until the day, then decide.
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if thats what you think though why do you bother get them at all.

for me its not just the autograph its meeting them and (sometimes) getting a picture now i agree yeah sometimes it is too much but only to certain ppl.

i mean i wouldn't pay more than 50p to meet most star wars folk but i would pay alot more than £40 for RDA

I suppose really that the only way to keep charges down and the quality of guests up is for SM to start charging an admission fee for Collectormania.

I know I started this poll, and have said that I don't mind paying extra money for the signatures, but I can't help but think that some of the guests are starting to take advantage. Take the whole question of personal items. At some events, there's no extra charge for your own item if you purchase a photo. Certainly, in the past, Amber Benson and some of the Doctor Who cast haven't charged extra for personal items. I wouldn't mind if it was perhaps half the cost of the photographs, somewhere around the £5-10 mark on average, but if like me you're a big fan of a film or tv series, chances are you are going to want a few things autographed.

If guests had a lower charge for signing personal stuff, I'm sure they'd make a lot more cash at the ned of the day.

£40 is just over the limit of what i would pay even for a highlander guest, i might give in on the day if it was sean connery.

i got christoffer lees autos at £30 each but i had to think about it, in the end he is getting on a bit and it could well have been my only chance, plus i got a picture of him with me while he was signing.

just been made redundant so i will have to cut down on these events till i get a new job .

I suppose really that the only way to keep charges down and the quality of guests up is for SM to start charging an admission fee for Collectormania.

I know I started this poll, and have said that I don't mind paying extra money for the signatures, but I can't help but think that some of the guests are starting to take advantage. Take the whole question of personal items. At some events, there's no extra charge for your own item if you purchase a photo. Certainly, in the past, Amber Benson and some of the Doctor Who cast haven't charged extra for personal items. I wouldn't mind if it was perhaps half the cost of the photographs, somewhere around the £5-10 mark on average, but if like me you're a big fan of a film or tv series, chances are you are going to want a few things autographed.

If guests had a lower charge for signing personal stuff, I'm sure they'd make a lot more cash at the ned of the day.

it's not the guests deciding on that, SM's are with their events.

that's why people charge different amounts during different events.

and who the hell is Mark Hamill??? I won't be paying owt for him cos I don't know him

:o

Shame on you!! :P

Mark Hamill has been in three of the biggest films ever (no, not LOTR) a DIFFERENT three biggest ever films!

He was Luke Skywalker in Star Wars!!

Heathen!! ;)

• Showmasters Admin

Mark Hamill has been in three of the biggest films ever (no, not LOTR) a DIFFERENT three biggest ever films!

Is it Harry Potter????????

;)

BTTF????

Jurassic Park????

Matrix????

Actually those last two are, one film and two mistakes, not trilogies, sorry :P:o

Is it Harry Potter????????

:D

BTTF????

Jurassic Park????

Matrix????

Actually those last two are, one film and two mistakes, not trilogies, sorry :unsure::D

sorry, what's BTTF?

I think what's been happening with these events is that organisers are unsure of booking people because of the charges they'd make. I've seen the average cost go from around £5.00 per autograph to an average of £20.00 in just over seven years, along with the dropping of the one personal item per photo that used to be the norm. I can tell you now, during the three days I was at C7 I spent over £600 on signatures from guests (that's including getting autographs for other people) which I'd worked hard for. Over the three days I met over 20 guests and their charges ranged from £10 - £20 with the average being £15. I had around three autographs per guest. At LFACC 3 last weekend I spent just over £300 on autographs and only met eight people, again having an average of three items signed. I'm not really complaining about the charges, this is my hobby after all, but with the increased costs I'm getting less things signed at each event I attend.

Shame on you!!  :o

Heathen!!  :D

:headscratch: no wonder I don't know him if he's in Star Wars! ;):P anyhow I thought it was Ewan McGreggor who played Luke? :D

Edited by C0RDEL1A

Shame on you!!  :o

Heathen!!  :D

:headscratch: no wonder I don't know him if he's in Star Wars! ;):P anyhow I thought it was Ewan McGreggor who played Luke? :D

bloody buffy fans!