Free Val Kilmer Autos?

I still have my VQ ticket for Saturday number 428, does that count?

I have tried to contact MSPG about the autograph which they will kindly get Val to sign To Chris but as he did not attend, i might ask for my money back. I still can not get in touch with them. They are not picking up their phones.

I spoke to Kate the pitt boss, she was very kind and helpful. I was so upset I was almost in tears.

This show was not as i hoped for.

1) No Val

2) No Serenity booth although UIP kindly sent me some free stuff in the post (he heh hee he he)

3) SM crew telling me that the models were not there but infact they were at the show but hidden, i found that out when i came home. Damm

Edited by BluebizzieB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart that was very cool of you to post that.

I didnt actually want to meet Val so it didnt really effect me but i know there were a lot of people who did and i can only magine what i would have felt like had it been someone like David Hewlett.

Unfortunately these things do happen and from what Stu has said it certainly seems as though SM did their best to sort things out.

I still have my VQ ticket for Saturday number 428, does that count?

Yes.

I have tried to contact MSPG about the autograph which they will kindly get Val to sign To Chris but as he did not attend, i might ask for my money back.  I still can not get in touch with them.  They are not picking up their phones.

Give them a few days to get their breath back, catch up on sleep and mail backlogs, and I am sure they will get back to you.

I spoke to Kate the pitt boss, she was very kind and helpful. I was so upset I was almost in tears.

As was at least one crew member after a long day of being in the awful position of having to tell people she didn't know where Val was, when he might turn up, and that they might not see him at all; even the ones who were understanding about it (e.g. didn't take out their upset and frustration on her) were obviously upset about it, and that in turn, repeated multiple times over the day, drained her dry emotionally. I feel terrible for all the people, attendees and crew, who got hurt by Val's non-appearance.

And for anyone who thinks we don't care, because hey, we got your money already so what does it matter to us, those individuals suggesting that are being jerks and missing the point. Because (1) Jason does care, Andrea does care, I care, all the crew care; (2) even from a strictly cynical business view point, we'd have to be nuts to not want to keep people happy and provide what we promised; we want LF&CC to keep growing, and happy customers come back while unhappy ones don't.

Not to boast or anything but I do have Vals auto.

Whilst waiting to go into EC, a person started talking to me, he is a collector of autographs and has been for many years, he has got Ozzy's auto from when he was at the BBC. Anyway he gave me a spare Val Kilmer auto incase i could not see him.

The auto is an official auto but not on a photo just a piece of white paper.

Edited by BluebizzieB

I know stalkers are horrible.............but I still do not understand at all - why showmasters were not alerted about her...........and made sure she did not get into the building............or if she did get inside........chuck her out. Surely Val has an injunction against her? therefore this is a police matter/

I believe Val Kilmer is an American citizen, and normally resident in the US. From what has been suggested, the stalker is also American, ans probably also usually resident in the US (otherwise she wouldn't be much good as a stalker, if she was in a different country ;) ) I would therefore suspect that if VK has an injunction against the woman, it is in an American (state) court, and only has legal standing in the particular state of the USA in which it was granted.

I suspect that he doesn't get a new injunction in every country (or every other US state) that he visits, because it's emotionally draining, gives her additional publicity, and may not be necessary (she may not always travel after him).

I'd guess VK thought he'd got away from her over here, so probably has neither injunction in force over here, nor the desire to warn every place he may visit in the UK about the person. (This may of course change in light of this weekend's happenings, depending upon how long he has left in the West End, and indeed if he wishes to complete the run).

I've decided not to bother sending my Saturday ticket in. For me it's more important to meet the person than to have the autograph. The autograph is usually the means to the meeting. If I want one from Val I can write to him as others have done but to me that would be pointless.

Janine

A bit like that post ! :P

Stuart - on your poor crew member point, it might have been an idea to have given the Val's queue job to someone more resilliant and possibly older ? Before her colleagues backlash me, I have no doubt that she is a lovely person, but THAT post specifically was potentially volatile for a fortnight before the show :D. Even before the no shows, there was the strong possibility of her having to answer the same questions all day and get shouted at or hassled :lol: - did that nod dawn on whoever hansded out the crew jobs ?

Stuart - on your poor crew member point, it might have been an idea to have given the Val's queue job to someone more resilliant and possibly older ? Before her colleagues backlash me, I have no doubt that she is a lovely person, but THAT post specifically was potentially volatile for a fortnight before the show :D. Even before the no shows, there was the strong possibility of her having to answer the same questions all day and get shouted at or hassled :lol: - did that nod dawn on whoever hansded out the crew jobs ?

The person picked to ticket Val's queue was both mature and resilient - but I doubt anyone could have handled that job all day without getting emotional, considering the circumstances they were faced with. And yes, it did occur to me (as I handed out the crew jobs) that the crew member on that queue was facing a tough job - the crew member in question was chosen with that in mind.

Stuart - on your poor crew member point, it might have been an idea to have given the Val's queue job to someone more resilliant and possibly older ? Before her colleagues backlash me, I have no doubt that she is a lovely person, but THAT post specifically was potentially volatile for a fortnight before the show  :D. Even before the no shows, there was the strong possibility of her having to answer the same questions all day and get shouted at or hassled  :P  - did that nod dawn on whoever hansded out the crew jobs ?

The person picked to ticket Val's queue was both mature and resilient - but I doubt anyone could have handled that job all day without getting emotional, considering the circumstances they were faced with. And yes, it did occur to me (as I handed out the crew jobs) that the crew member on that queue was facing a tough job - the crew member in question was chosen with that in mind.

Personally I thought she was doing a good job under very difficult circumstances

Stuart - on your poor crew member point, it might have been an idea to have given the Val's queue job to someone more resilliant and possibly older ? Before her colleagues backlash me, I have no doubt that she is a lovely person, but THAT post specifically was potentially volatile for a fortnight before the show  :D. Even before the no shows, there was the strong possibility of her having to answer the same questions all day and get shouted at or hassled  :D  - did that nod dawn on whoever hansded out the crew jobs ?

Personally I thought she was doing a good job under very difficult circumstances

Just to add to what Stuart has said, the person on the ticket line for Val, is one of the most experienced crew at SM. BUT she's also got one of the kindest biggest hearts I know and she was upset not because she was facing such a barrage but more because she empathised with everyone in a very difficult situation. The crew aren't hard faced robots, we are also FANS and we know how important meeting these guests can be for people.

As one of the people on that team, (saturday I was down as Val's guest liasion, Sunday I was collecting names and addresses) I know how stressful the situation was from the front line. The entire team was made up of experienced mature crew members.

If you want a "free" autograph of Val you can try him TTM (Through the Mail).

I collect a lot this way and I wrote to Val enclosing a SASE and a photo to the theatre where his play is and a week later he sent the photo back signed.

Ditto!

Although I got his and the other cast at the Batman Forever premiere years ago, I also send auto requests TTM and he returned mine in a week.

Cool. As great as it would have been to meet Val this past weekend I can be happy with my TTM consolation.