Too Tall

Lately you seem to be very quick to close threads or give out warnings! :P

This is usually because you feel that people could have used another thread further down the page to express their views or something like that, but so what if a few people start new threads?

Blimey, this place is becoming so serious. Every grain of fun seems to be slowly fading away! While I can understand that you want to do your job as moderator well and keep the place looking tidy, I would bet that most members would appreciate it more if you just limited any responsiblities that you do have to the times when they are really needed...like when there is abuse etc.

The rest of the time the constant censorship is just boring and anal!

Anyway, I must have crawled out bed the wrong side today because usually I just bite my tongue at these moments ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Theo - I'm sorry you feel that way.

And point taken, but I'm not try to take the fun out of the forum. Have you seen me close ONE fun thread? Any of the "what are you doing when you get there?", "who are you going to see?". No because I want it to remain fun.

I'm trying to help to do 2 things:

1: Make the forum as easier place to find information....

We constantly have 2,3 or 4 thread on exactly the same thing. Sometime there is information in them that maybe useful to people but they get lost because there are so many different discussions.

2: For SM to know who is a possible popular guest....

If you have one thread for the guest and 25-30 people post in it SM can see that there is a real interest in that person. If you have 5 different threads with 4-5 replies it not so obvious.

Also, yes, I have been asking people to post in the right place, it's not a warning, it's a request.

If that's a problem for you, I'm sorry.

Blimey, this place is becoming so serious. Every grain of fun seems to be slowly fading away!

Euh ... me thinks you should check out the "ANSWERS for Newbies" thread above. There's loads of fun to be had over there and Too Tall is participating actively (granted, he's been beaten by the undersigned, but hey, one can't have it all ! :lol: ).

TooTall's my best mate so I'll admit I'm biased, but I can't see why there is a problem with someone trying to add a bit of etiquette into forum posting. If information is already available it's irritating to see people asking the same questions time and time again - especially when people (such as TT) have put time and effort into answering the queries in a specific area. And TT's doing a great job on stopping the idiots who just want to post abuse and moan at everything - too many people seem to join the forum just to come on and bitch - that brings the forum down, not TT's editing. He's never edited a fun thread, and there are loads.

If he was bitching or targeting people, I'd agree with you, but he's being fair and just trying to keep order. :lol:

If you think this place is becoming too serious, just look at threads like Cher2a's Meep thread, one of the finest I've seen for a while!! (Meep). ;)

*sigh*

Watches the little gangs come fto defend their mates.

I think it's good that the forum is organised, and I do like the Newbies question bit, very handy and a useful link to guide people to.

But I don't find anything worth posting to on here anymore, it's become too much like an information section and lost the fun and friendly part. And no I don't want to go hang in general chat with the people half my age as I don't find anything relevant there.

Think TT is doing a reasonable job although often seeing a whole column of padlocked threads makes him look over zealous.

Recently there's been a lot of pointless threads and polls started on here mainly by the same three or four people. None of them serve much purpose and I think it's these that should be locked and or deleted as they take up the space which should be used to show more important info.

Most of this occurs in the two weeks before an event. Perhaps someone desperate to know how excited everyone else is at the prospect of meeting Billy Boyd etc for the 5th time should either find another way of doing it, or to quote the Shatner, get a life!

• Showmasters Admin

But I don't see how what I'm doing has changed anything.

All I have done is asked people to put guest suggestion in the right place and closed duplicate threads, either questions or guest suggestions.

I have not stopped anyone starting or joining in to any fun threads.

I really would like to understand how you believe what I am doing is stopping people having fun?

All I have done is asked people to put guest suggestion in the right place and closed duplicate threads, either questions or guest suggestions.

I really would like to understand how you believe what I am doing is stopping people having fun?

I never pointed the finger at you, its just a general thing that seems to have happened lately I think, the place has lost it's charm. Maybe it's just that us "oldies" are feeling moved along by a new bunch of young folk who spam and the fun stuff is being lost under all the locked repeated threads.

• Showmasters Admin
Ooh and just a hint, maybe doing some more to the neglected FAQ section might help.

Agree on the Billy Boyd thing though, he's a nice guy but squealing on the boards is hard on the ears.

These I do agree with, but as you'll see I'm only mod on these section. I have no power over the boards as a whole. I will talk to SM about it though.

• Showmasters Admin

I never pointed the finger at you, its just a general thing that seems to have happened lately I think, the place has lost it's charm. Maybe it's just that us "oldies" are feeling moved along by a new bunch of young folk who spam and the fun stuff is being lost under all the locked repeated threads.

I agree the forum has change over the last year, since a number of the older members have moved on.

Fair enough it was just you started by saying you agreed with Theo. And Theo does appear to be saying it is my fault.

And I would like to understand how he feels I'm making the forum a less fun place? Theo?

TT should be congratulated for at least trying to make the forum more civilised and orderly. :lol:

If everyone did what they were asked in the first place, and maybe thought a little more about the neccessity to everyone else of what they post before they post it, then this would be a better place and TT wouldn't have to lock so many threads.

I think he is doing well.

All the info he got for people on this event. Travel, Accomadation etc has never happened on ANY forum and he doesn`t even get paid.

To be honest, I think the LFCC forum has an older audience, most of the kids tend to stay in the CM one.

From when I started coming here just before christmas, I agree it has lost something. Lots of the old guys don`t post anymore. I think lots of people stick in thier own fan section and do use this as an info service.

The multiple threads on the same subject and the needless bumping by the same person have only been the things I have ever got stressed with on this forum.

Its not a bad place, ive met some really nice people and am looking forward to meeting them this weekend or in the future :lol:

I think TT should be commended for tidying the place up, and for actually bothering to answer the questions people ask.

My only concern is why 'an old regular' has been welcomed back. Surely a banning means 'not welcome'?

LOL  :lol:

Well said El.  ;)

But I can see all the points of view here so I will just laugh at Lee for getting out of bed the wrong side instead of adding fuel to the fire  :P

And will the lovely Jules be about this weekend at LFACC?

Sadly not but have fun and give Troy a hug for me :P

See you soon I hope?

I think TT should be commended for tidying the place up, and for actually bothering to answer the questions people ask.

My only concern is why 'an old regular' has been welcomed back. Surely a banning means 'not welcome'?

I noticed that too. :lol:

I noticed that too. :lol:

I thought if you were banned that was it. Friend of mine was (he is even blunter than me ;) ) can he come back?

• Showmasters Admin

I did talk showmasters when I saw the person you are talking about came back.

It was decided by SM to give him a second chance. I had no say in the matter.

Well just because they were an spam once, they may have changed or grown up or maybe was just on one the day they did what they did to get banned.

I hope this person has grown up (oh, the irony of using a 'Babality' as an avatar), as they offended MANY people, and drove away even more.

I'll give you (TT) the benefit of the doubt. Your answer to my question has only created further questions, but I'll leave it there.