Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo he's gone

Second

Yay for David Tennant

I cried I'm ashamed to admit :D

:D

It was a great episode. I really enjoyed it. Nice twist.

I am currently in mourning for Chris.

First off

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo he's gone

I cried I'm ashamed to admit :(

:D

It was a great episode. I really enjoyed it. Nice twist.

I am currently in mourning for Chris.

i knew i was gonna cry, just did'nt know how much :D:( cant believe CE has gone :lol:

next weekend

Next weekend? There's a "next weekend"? It was the last in the series, dude! No more till christmas! :lol:!

dude hes at LFCC :angry:

Oh, and course! :lol: DOH! My bad :lol:

Edited by Cher2a

Without spoiling bad wolf still sucked theres so many better things they could have done with it!

Totally disagree. Yes, they could have done it differently. But I think it was a wicked twist - and VERY unpredictable! Well, everyone's entitled (I spose :lol:)...

I really really thought it would be so cool if it was an older future version of the black kid that had spent his life learning a way to get the doctor for taking Billie off him, he could have had time travel and everything would have made a cool villan

sadly i missed doctor who as i work every sat night!! will have to catch up on it through the dvds they are releasing i guess- especially after all the raves reviews it has been getting on here and everywhere else!

good as it might be and Sorry but i doubt it beats bsg! :lol:

i really don't understand ce and the whole typecasting thing - after shallow grave he seemed to played loads of psychos - surley that is type!?

I cried I'm ashamed to admit :D

Heh, I only cried when Cap'n Jack...

died!

I have my priorities sorted, I do. ;):(

Yeah I did too.......

in fact I cried nearly all the way through........... :D

Well I knew what was coming........

Not what happened to Captin Jack though cos of the fact that (Spoiler) he's in the next series

I take it I won't be the only one harrasing Mr Barrowman then??? :P

Look out for me will be in Fairy Wings come over and say Hi if you see me!

Well hopefully unless they fall apart :P

Edited by hobbitslut

Eccelstone is a great Doctor and John Barrowman was pretty good, but Billie Piper doesnt get much depth into her acting and Noel Clarke is awful. Hence, any Billie or Noel heavy episodes werent up to much, that one where they met Rose's father was really poor.

I may be joining you in committing social suicide, but - while I disgree with you and have always been fond of DW and have adored this series, :D I'm 100% with you re Billie Piper.

I'm sorry, but I tried - I tried so hard to like Rose, but I just couldn't. If she'd been an original female character in a DW fanfic she'd be labelled a Mary Sue, for sure - plus even though she treats him like s***, Mickey still loves her. I just found her incredibly slappable - which is a shame, because Billie herself comes across as endearingly sweet and likeable.

Eccelstone is a great Doctor and John Barrowman was pretty good, but Billie Piper doesnt get much depth into her acting and Noel Clarke is awful. Hence, any Billie or Noel heavy episodes werent up to much, that one where they met Rose's father was really poor.

I may be joining you in committing social suicide, but - while I disgree with you and have always been fond of DW and have adored this series, :P I'm 100% with you re Billie Piper.

I'm sorry, but I tried - I tried so hard to like Rose, but I just couldn't. If she'd been an original female character in a DW fanfic she'd be labelled a Mary Sue, for sure - plus even though she treats him like s***, Mickey still loves her. I just found her incredibly slappable - which is a shame, because Billie herself comes across as endearingly sweet and likeable.

Her father died when she was a child. Yes, I know she was THERE as an adult, but you get my point :huh: . Her mother did the best he could, but Rose has never had a winning hand from life (sorry, clique :P ) - She said tonight : she goes to work, comes home, eats chips and goes to bed! She aspires to better things, and the Doctor offers that ! She doesnt set out to hurt Mickey, He's just a victim in the fallout !

Her father died when she was a child. Yes, I know she was THERE as an adult, but you get my point :P . Her mother did the best he could, but Rose has never had a winning hand from life (sorry, clique :P ) - She said tonight : she goes to work, comes home, eats chips and goes to bed! She aspires to better things, and the Doctor offers that ! She doesnt set out to hurt Mickey, He's just a victim in the fallout !

Good points well made! :P

I think we could all identify with what she said about wanting something better out of life - I know I did! - so her actions make sense in that respect. And yet, and yet... I don't know, maybe it was the character's age - wasn't she supposed to be about 19 or something? - and relative immaturity that got irritating for me all too quickly. :huh:

Oh, and re the Daleks - you're damn right: where was Davros? :P With the big build-up in the trailer, etc, I'm sure we weren't the only ones expecting a real shocker when the Doctor saw who the Dalek leader was. The Cthulu-like Emperor Dalek was effective - that whole thing about him as a god - but I don't think it had the impact it could've had. But that's just me! :P

On the whole, though, a cracking ep. :o

To coin a phrase from the 9th Doctor, the whole series was "fantastic" and while I'll miss Chris Eccleston I'm looking forward to David Tennant's portrayal.

As for Davros not appering I didn't miss him a bit. It was great to see the daleks as they used to be without the pantomime rantings of their creator getting in the way.