Latest Guest Announcement - AMBER BENSON

showmasters

please please PLEASE try and get Amber there for all 3 days? it's the first collectormania that i can't vist for the whole weekend because i've got to do family stuff..... please get Amber for all 3 days! :)

yay amber!!!

Edited by Kookie22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY!!! I'm so happy, This will be the third time I've met amber but she is so nice. Her mom is also really nice and they are both so friendly, probably the best stars ive ever met at a convention, i look forward to this time seeing as i only really got to talk to her last time as i was having problems forming words over one syllable. and when i did speak i sounded really high and squeaky. hehe but she is so nice. hope shes there all three days, this wold be a great bday prezzie!!!

• Showmasters Admin

SM are very busy with LFCC3 at the moment. C8 is not for another 14 weeks. So this is far from urgent.

I have raised it with them and if it is true I'm sure they will respond after the weekend.

But until SM announce otherwise I suggest we assume that she will be there. As per this announcement.

Edited by Too Tall

Of course it is relevant if SM are selling tickets at LFACC for her talk. It's extremely urgent and surely should be answered by SM before the weekend.

Why couldn't you just reply like your post above instead of deleting my post? It's very upsetting. I don't post very much, I prefer to read other people's opinions, but I wasn't rude and didn't use any bad language.

A first indication will be given by the C8 flyers : if Amber is on them, then we can reasonably hope she will attend. Otherwise, as was the case with Terry Farrell, we may expect the worst. Although I love amber so much, I'd like to point out that the Buffy/Angel talk is not an Amber's talk only ^_^

• Showmasters Admin

I removed your first post as it was made in a way that made it appear to be an official statement. So I removed it until the situation could be looked in to by SM.

If that upset you I apologise.

When I contacted SM they did not appear to know of any cancellation.

Thank you Lams9999. That is correct SM aren't selling tickets for an Amber talk.

Edited by Too Tall

Apology accepted.

I know the rules but I didn't see it as posting an official statement, it was just an email from Amber's mum, so I'm sorry if I broke the rules.

I'm aware that Amber isn't doing the talk on her own, but it is fair to say that some people could be buying tickets just to see her, which would be a huge shame if she already knows she can't go.

• Showmasters Admin

We have just been informed that Amber has a book tour in the States which will clash with appearing at Collectormania 8. We realise this will be a disappointment for her fans over here, but wish her well with her book, and will try to arrange to bring her over for another show at a later date.

It's a shame Amber can't attend now, but hopefully you'll be able to get her over here for a future event.

Is it possible to have another Buffy star attend C8 as an alternative to Amber? (Hopes for Emma or Michelle or JM as I missed him at C7) :lol:

On the night that Amber was announced for this event, I was with Amber in a cabin on a cruise ship. I asked her when she was going to come back to England to see us and she replied that she didn't know if she was going to come to Collectormania, but that she MAY come over at that time just to "hang out and see her friends".

Imagine my surprise when I got a text message from a friend the following morning, telling me that Amber HAD been announced for the event!! :unsure:

Seems like there's something strange happening somewhere!!

On the night that Amber was announced for this event, I was with Amber in a cabin on a cruise ship. I asked her when she was going to come back to England to see us and she replied that she didn't know if she was going to come to Collectormania, but that she MAY come over at that time just to "hang out and see her friends".

Imagine my surprise when I got a text message from a friend the following morning, telling me that Amber HAD been announced for the event!! ^_^

Seems like there's something strange happening somewhere!!

Are you taking the ****? :unsure:^_^

I've never known that to be the case!

Agents work for actors, they don't tell them what to do, they submit auditions or public appearances to them and only book them if the actor agrees. It's just a guess but what could have happened in this case the actress always knew what was happening but the info didn't filter through from the agent to SM.

What I don't understand is on the C8 leaflet I got from LFCC3 yesterday, Amber Benson obviously hasn't been annouced on there, no picture of confirmation or anything yet on the other side where it says 'Buffy & Angel talk' It states Amber Benson to be there??? :lol: