52 members have voted

1. 1. did you see a sign?

• yes - on saturday
    • yes - on sunday
    • yes - both days
    • no - on saturday
    • no - on sunday
    • no - on either day

I never said anything about there not being a sign about photos, and in any case asking crew members to support your theory is a worthless exercise! There was no sign about personalizations and that is the end of the matter. I only mentioned it once briefly and you all get so uptight cos someone thinks you're less than perfect! Get a life!

yes you did, some where amougst the posts

I'm not asking crew, this is an OPEN poll and anyone with a registered ID can vote on it and comment :rolleyes:

it's not the end of the matter, and this poll will aim to see, one way or the other, if there was a sign or not and I think you will find there was!!!! :lol:

I did not start this poll only because you mentioned! jeese! the world does not revolve around you B) I've seen it mentioned a few times now amoungst the MANY posts and want to see what the general concensus is :D

yeah i saw a sign on both days. but we all know it can change depending on the day/time/how the guest and management want.

it didn't really bother me either way. just happy i got to meet him again

I went on monday (saw the sign :D ) . However friends of mine went on Sunday , & saw the sign. This was my first time at Collectormania , & i had no probs with it all . I went on Friday & Monday , saw who i wanted to see , got the auto`s i wanted . I found the Stewards/staff friendly & Helpfull . All in all , i had a peachy time B)

I never said anything about there not being a sign about photos, and in any case asking crew members to support your theory is a worthless exercise! There was no sign about personalizations and that is the end of the matter. I only mentioned it once briefly and you all get so uptight cos someone thinks you're less than perfect! Get a life!

yes.there.was

It was there at 11.15 on the Sunday, when my friends and I found out ALL the JM tickets had gone. It was on the small white card, where it said they were up to ticket number 350. It said 'no photo's' and below it 'no personalisations'

I went on monday (saw the sign :D ) . However friends of mine went on Sunday , & saw the sign. This was my first time at Collectormania , & i had no probs with it all . I went on Friday & Monday , saw who i wanted to see , got the auto`s i wanted . I found the Stewards/staff friendly & Helpfull . All in all , i had a peachy time :rolleyes:

jewlz B) was'nt sure if it was u? then i saw the peachy B) cant get on the other board. have'nt heard about your week-end yet :P when it opens again, i will pm u my email address :lol:

yes.there.was

It was there at 11.15 on the Sunday, when my friends and I found out ALL the JM tickets had gone. It was on the small white card, where it said they were up to ticket number 350. It said 'no photo's' and below it 'no personalisations'

There was no sign where the numbers were put up, and believe me I spent many hours staring at that board! Maybe it was there at 11.15 but it came down shortly after, but I have no doubt it wasn't there when I was! The sign saying 'no photos' was near to James and very clear, so why not put the 'no personalizations' sign there too? Just another example of extremely poor organization.

yes.there.was

There was no sign where the numbers were put up, and believe me I spent many hours staring at that board! Maybe it was there at 11.15 but it came down shortly after, but I have no doubt it wasn't there when I was! The sign saying 'no photos' was near to James and very clear, so why not put the 'no personalizations' sign there too? Just another example of extremely poor organization.

on the board where his queue was

yes.there.was

Is it just possible that (as this was your first collectormania), you missed it? I will give the the fact that the sign wasn't particularly big, but it was there none the less.

I went on monday (saw the sign  :D ) . However  friends of mine went on Sunday , & saw the sign. This was my first time at Collectormania , & i had no probs with it all . I went on Friday & Monday , saw who i wanted to see , got the auto`s i wanted . I found the Stewards/staff friendly & Helpfull . All in all , i had a peachy time    ;)

jewlz :o was'nt sure if it was u? then i saw the peachy :D cant get on the other board. have'nt heard about your week-end yet :( when it opens again, i will pm u my email address B)

Hya Lynn :lol: , had a the best week-end hunny , look forward to hearing from you :D

Edited by jewlz

this has been mentioned in a few other threads, ther wernt posed photos due to the ammount of people to see, and no personalisations due to the ammount of times james was gonna have to sign his name anyways, writing other stuff on the auto wud have worn out his hand even more, which was broken a while ago.

people shud just be glad they actually met him!!

I never said anything about there not being a sign about photos, and in any case asking crew members to support your theory is a worthless exercise!

Not entirely true. People who say "yes" to both days and people who say "yes on sunday only" are both correct... depending on what time they went to see JM on Saturday.

The sign went up part way through the day when we were informed by James' 'people' that he wouldn't be personalising and was up first thing on sunday to avoid confusion.

(I was crewing with other guests in each area, so I saw it all happen)

I hope that helps clear things up :rolleyes:

methinks mebe the board has been overloaded with posts , or sumat  :lol: . Cant wait to have a good natter hunny  :P

:tut: :wub: cant chat about things on here properly :lol: so who did u meet from this one?

:D , i saw Sean Astin , Jamie Bamber, & Dean Stockwell on Friday , was luverly to get to meet them B) . I saw James on Monday :wub: , what a charming guy . All in all i had a really good week-end . I be knackered now tho

I can't quite figure this out, I have to admit.

Is the complaint that there was no personalisation/photos? or that it didn't say?

On Sunday, I was the crew member down at the front of the queue who's job it was to inform people that unfortunately, down to time restrictions (James had a talk to give on Sunday evening), there wasn't time for James to pose for pictures.

At James's request (which I explained to anyone that questioned me about it), there were also to be no pictures from the queue. That is something that neither Showmasters or the crew could do anything about, but at the guests request. In fact, when the official press photographers came round, James told them that it wouldn't be fair for him to pose for them as he wasn't allowing any of his fans to take pictures.

Also, as anyone that has previous experience of meeting James will testify, he *very* rarely personalises autographs, I don't know why, you'd have to ask James himself about that.

There were undoubtedly signs up around the queueing area detailing both the photo and personalisation issues, I know because I personally put them up.

If anyone has a complaint about the way I was telling people about how things were on Sunday, I wholeheartedly apologise, but as I mentioned, you'd have been glad of the rules if you had a late ticket which got through at the end of the day.

I can't quite figure this out, I have to admit.

Is the complaint that there was no personalisation/photos? or that it didn't say?

On Sunday, I was the crew member down at the front of the queue who's job it was to inform people that unfortunately, down to time restrictions (James had a talk to give on Sunday evening), there wasn't time for James to pose for pictures.

At James's request (which I explained to anyone that questioned me about it), there were also to be no pictures from the queue. That is something that neither Showmasters or the crew could do anything about, but at the guests request. In fact, when the official press photographers came round, James told them that it wouldn't be fair for him to pose for them as he wasn't allowing any of his fans to take pictures.

Also, as anyone that has previous experience of meeting James will testify, he *very* rarely personalises autographs, I don't know why, you'd have to ask James himself about that.

There were undoubtedly signs up around the queueing area detailing both the photo and personalisation issues, I know because I personally put them up.

If anyone has a complaint about the way I was telling people about how things were on Sunday, I wholeheartedly apologise, but as I mentioned, you'd have been glad of the rules if you had a late ticket which got through at the end of the day.

yod did a great job troy!!!!

VERY WELL DONE!! :DB)

being the dogsbody who was also working the same area BOTH DAYS with Yvie the signs up on friday/saturday were NO POSED PHOTOS then on Sunday morning I went and got the others printed stating about posed piccers and even had to say it out loud (no posed photos - later no photos of James at all - and that he couldnt personalise items) til i was horse and STILL sooooo many people would ignore us no matter how polite we were or stern. one fan almost had my head off on the sunday when i was pushing for Marsters. pushing for alexis was much better in my opinion.

saying that though i met some real fun/cool/groovy people this weekend crew and fans, it was a lot of fun.

chris mk: dude didnt see you this weekend, hope ya rocking B)