When does a £15 autograph become a £20 autograph ?

I am very confused here ...

My cousin went yesterday and got 2 Bernard Hill autos - cost £30

I went today and got 2 Bernard Hill autos - cost £40

Went to the organisers area and was told they should have been £20 each all the time and

yesterday was a mistake ??

Surely there must be some regularity on costs ??

I am very confused here ...

My cousin went yesterday and got 2 Bernard Hill autos - cost £30

I went today and got 2 Bernard Hill autos - cost £40

Went to the organisers area and was told they should have been £20 each all the time and

yesterday was a mistake ??

Surely there must be some regularity on costs ??

:wub: Good point! glad someone else noticed that one! :D

hi great thing to notice

but they also reduced the costs as well, i met bonnie from star wars episode 3 friday and saturday with friends she was £15, had some spare cash on sunday and went to see her she had gone down to £10 i was very happy but i guess alot of people had paid £15

but most of the shows she did not have anyone waiting so i guess this is why they dropped the price

not fiar on friday and saturday buyers though, will they give a refund? i think not

hi great thing to notice

but they also reduced the costs as well, i met bonnie from star wars episode 3 friday and saturday with friends she was £15, had some spare cash on sunday and went to see her she had gone down to £10 i was very happy but i guess alot of people had paid £15

but most of the shows she did not have anyone waiting so i guess this is why they dropped the price

not fiar on friday and saturday buyers though, will they give a refund? i think not

oh i didnt go for her - but isnt this all so unfair ?????

surely a price is a price and they have long enough in advance to get the prices right ???

how is it fair on people going on different days to pay different prices ???

I noticed this too (actually when I got home on Sunday and thought they must have forgot my change).

This is not good I must admit.........

That's terrible. I thought the guests set the prices. If so, I guess they have the right to make changes to encourage more people maybe.

If they are set by the organisers (or it was simply a typo on a sign), it does highlight my on-going issues about lack of attention to detail in the organising of these events. Overall it works and I keep coming back but there's so many little things that people pick up on that give a bad experience.

I was at the info booth on the computers sitting next to rain when we heard a woman complaining about this.

She seemed a bit pissed off and was taking it up with Wendy, the older woman. The woman was saying it weren't fair etc but I don't think Wendy really had an answer for her in fact I think she probably agreed with her. I expect a lot of people would have complained about that...why didn't you guys too?

I didn't have that problem with the people i got autographs with however, i think that is really bad to suddenly change the prices. I'm sure its SM who set the prices depending on the demand/popularity of a certain person. However to change the price during the event isn't fair on those who have already paid that price.

I did too...in fact, I was quite surprised to see Bernard was only £15, when Sean Astin and John Rhys Davis were £20 each. I guess I was one of the lucky ones too, although I would have still paid £20 :unsure:

I paid 15 for BH on sat - grabbed a bargain, but JRD was 15 !! did he change too ??

I did too...in fact, I was quite surprised to see Bernard was only £15, when Sean Astin and John Rhys Davis were £20 each. I guess I was one of the lucky ones too, although I would have still paid £20  :unsure:

I paid 15 for BH on sat - grabbed a bargain, but JRD was 15 !! did he change too ??

I only paid £15 for Bernard and £15 for John!

this is ridiculous. the autographs where already overly expensive and they put them up? i got both of them for 15 pounds but i even find that expensive since you could get three autographs of bernard for 30 pounds at another event not to long ago.

there where a lot of 20 pounders this time round and almost no 10 pounders. bit of a dissapointment because i would have gotten all the star wars people for that price.

well SM's loss really.............

there where a lot of 20 pounders this time round and almost no 10 pounders. bit of a dissapointment because i would have gotten all the star wars people for that price.

over two dozen dr who people - £10 each, including Doctors !!!!

but 15 lids for Leslie "one line" Schofield ?????

over two dozen dr who people - £10 each, including Doctors !!!!

but 15 lids for Leslie "one line" Schofield ?????

yes dr who but i just don't like dr who nd there where a LOT of small bit star wars actors playing with their thumbs because they where 15.

When I went to meet bernard hill, i thought that he was £15 (because i had read that on here) and (for those who went) you will know how hot it was, so i took my 2x £20 notes and went and bought a drink. Then when i come back to join the queue and I noticed that it was £20. So i explained to the lady that i was short of Two autographs (not buy much!) and she explained that i could only buy one. So i told her that i knew on Friday that he was £15 and that there shouldn't have been a price increase. She told me that he had been £20 all week. So i had to settle for one autograph - but it was the best autograph of the day

I think that this increase overnight for Bernard Hill's autograph is rather poor spirited and I do wonder if the guests themselves are having a mini competition behind the scenes between who can charge (or rip off) the punters the most, who can have the most 'no photos' restrictions, no posed photos, personalisation/non-personalisation rulings etc....

In the future I think that there should be: no price hikes across and event - if an autograph is one price and then a few hours later it is another, suggests clear exploitation of those people who are visiting and paying their hard earned money. All guests should either agree to non-personalise or personalise if requested. All photography (within reason) should be allowed - after all the shopping centre is a public owned space.

If these are stated, the guests themselves can make the decision whether to attend or not.

I'm sad that Bonnies price dropped as on friday I picked up 10 off her. I would have saved £50 yesterday.

SM stick to your prices and stop ripping people off.

I can understand the prices going down to be honest as I do feel sorry for some guests when they have no one there, but then maybe the prices should have been cheaper to start.

But its very wrong to increase just because the guest has had a busy day. This looks bad on SM as it gives us the impression that they've sat down at the end of the day and said 'hey we made this amount on such a guest today if we increase tomorrow we'll make even more'