WHAT fuct up rules did/do they have @ your school

nicky

my friend nearly got excluded for having highlights in her hair!!!!

Heh heh!

I dyed my hair pillar box red, Cherry Red in a now expired range, and my deputy head went through the roof. I was expelled from school until it grew out, and I wasn't allowed to dye it again. Which is incredibly funny, because without more dye, it would have taken up to three years for it fully grow out.

Of course, that's after the red has faded and turned to a dull-ish pink!

It basically a case of my deputy head having a special yen for making my life a misery.

Our school rules included...

No salt with your lunch ~ Which didn't bother me as after the first week on their lunches, I went to packed and took in Pot Noodles to eat in my form tutor's supply cupboard.

No hot drinks ~ Easily remedied if you take in a flask of tea.

Girls weren't allowed to wear skirts ~ My class put a stop to that after we went on strike for a week. God bless you, class of '95.

No jewellery ~ Get your nipple pierced. Who's gonna know?

Long hair tied back ~ This could be classed as dictatorship and a sexual perversion.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my prep school in the 80s the Head preferred us to have our hair cut at the back ie not shaved up. He also wanted us to have "hard" cases and not bags for our books. We also had to raise our caps to drivers who let us pass on the zebra-crossing and all traces of ink had to be washed from our habds before lunch.

At my Irish Catholic school we weren't allowed back-packs or rucksacs (nor girls for that matter which as a result didn't exactly help me later in my teenage yrs)

And of course the length of your hair was always an issue, though not for 6th form girls.

Yeah I've been to several schools but I had a couple which were pretty strict.

You had to flatten ourselves against the wall if a teacher was coming towards you on the stairs to let them pass.

The teachers had different (nicer) stairs and doorways to us. (I was once caught using the teacher's door by the scariest teacher in the school - not good!)

The usual standing up when an adult entered the classroom.

No jewellery, makeup, nail varnish, etc

Anything used to tie your hair back had to be the correct school colour.

I think they were kind of strict about school bags, uniform, sports kit and swimming costumes (must be black with a certain coloured hat) too.

Oh and we had to open doors for the teachers too.

Oh and we weren't allowed to leave any food on our plates at the end of lunch.

Edited by Spike's dream date

You had to flatten ourselves against the wall if a teacher was coming towards you on the stairs to let them pass.

The teachers had different (nicer) stairs and doorways to us. (I was once caught using the teacher's door by the scariest teacher in the school - not good!)

I think they were kind of strict about school bags, uniform, sports kit and swimming costumes (must be black with a certain coloured hat) too.

Sounds very similar to the school I went to (it was an all girls' school), but we had the additional rule of strictly no trousers to be worn. Bloody cold in the winter, but we were told to wear those thick woolly tights! :blink:

Funnily enough, my younger brother drove past my old school the other day and said there were girls wearing trousers! Times have changed since I left in 1986! :D:D

At my school we had the walking on the left rule, but then they extended it by having 'up' and 'down' stairs at each end of C block, that you could only go 'up' or 'down' on respectively. There would be huuuuge queues on those at the end of lessons and sometimes you'd just get carried downstairs by the sheer amount of people!

We weren't allowed to dye out hair wear make up have heels over 3 inches... blah blah all the usual. Not that anyone payed attention to it.

We didn't have to wear ties tho. Or Shirts, We could wear white polo shirts if we wanted =) as long as you had the collar showing. :blink:

And we wasn't allowed to knock on the staff room door. We had to wait in the corridor outside it, (known as 'the bridge') and wait for a member of staff to see you, or walk past and then ask them for the staff memeber you needed to speak to! Sometimes you'd be there all break to find out Mr Davies was at Lower School!

Sounds very similar to the school I went to (it was an all girls' school), but we had the additional rule of strictly no trousers to be worn. Bloody cold in the winter, but we were told to wear those thick woolly tights! :D

Funnily enough, my younger brother drove past my old school the other day and said there were girls wearing trousers! Times have changed since I left in 1986! :P;)

Oops yes i forgot the no trouser rule.

No choice in uniform at all actually. You wore what you were told.

Anyone remember the 'sacks' they used to call school dresses (for the summer term)? :P

Anyone remember the 'sacks' they used to call school dresses (for the summer term)?

OMG! Yes! Hated them, but once you got to take O'levels, you didn't have to wear them! *And* we wore straw boaters through the year as well! :wub:

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

Anyone remember the 'sacks' they used to call school dresses (for the summer term)?

OMG! Yes! Hated them, but once you got to take O'levels, you didn't have to wear them! *And* we wore straw boaters through the year as well! :P

Yeah it was ok when you got to GCSE stage.

And I had to wear a beret when I was little (think I would have preferred the straw hat!) :D

6th form have canteen priorities

We had that it was well good to hear the chavs complain

We had to set a good example to the rest of the school, so some rules were more relaxed in 6th form but within reason

Below 6th form, no jewellery or make up whatsoever - Minimal was allowed in sixth form

Still had strict uniform regulations, still no trainers in 6th form (nobody really noticed if you slid your vans on though)

No shorts

Oh yeah and there was this weird rule about nobody was allowed a 'step' haircut cos it was too thuggish or something?

Lads weren't allowed earrings

No mental hair do's or colours (my friend got suspended for purple hair, another got told to comb her hair out because it was spiky?!)

I'm sure I'll come up with plenty more, as well as the common ones like shirts tucked in AT ALL TIMES, skirts knee length (like that actually happened) etc etc