So did Billie Piper play your tune ?

dufresne

What did you think of Billie's performance ?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Billie's performance ?

• Great
    • Hate
    • Gonna wait

She got a lot of stick when she was announced, and quite a few people seemed to dismiss her without a chance. I have to say she was bl8dy good ! I think "feisty" is a bit of a clique... but she was certainly feisty. Not to mention gutsy, and she gave us a companion who is the Doctor's equal - not the screaming rent-a-cleavages that preceeded her. A high 8/10 - a job well done and some great casting !

i'm gonna wait and see.

Never been a Billie fan. Infact can't stand her. But I saw DW last night for the first time and thought she was ok. So I'll watch a couple more eps, and then make my mind up.

wow!! i am really suprised at this result. i expected to be the only person to have voted 'great'... obviously not.

i must admit i had my doubts about her but she fits the character really well. at least how i think she should be anyways.

=x=

I was a bit apprehensice about her at first, I mean come on, its BILLIE PIPER :o:lol: But then again, you shouldn't judge her b4 you've seen her just because of what she's done in the past.

Im my opinion, the girl done good! :lol:

p.s. Clare please don't hate me!! :rolleyes:

I think she's actually doing a very good job.....

I'm not so sure about the episodes though, and I wondered why... and came to the conclusion that they are trying to fit a whole storyline into one episode so it doesn't give the plot any real time to develope and no suspense to build up properly....

That's just my thoughts on it all...

Edited by Mich

I think she's actually doing a very good job.....

I'm not so sure about the episodes though, and I wondered why... and came to the conclusion that they are trying to fit a whole storyline into one episode so it doesn't give the plot any real time to develope and no suspense to build up properly....

That's just my thoughts on it all...

I quite agree. But sadly the lack of the old fashioned cliffhanger ending to make you watch next week is probably to satisfy the global market.

Most Americans are far too thick to remember what happened yesterday let alone a week before! Plus the 45 min episode is directly aimed at the US and Canada.

Simple, plotless stories with no characterisation or far easier to write than a proper 4 or 5 part character driven story.

Next week sees the start of the first two-part story of the season (there are another 2 to come). With 90 minutes at their disposal they should be able to flesh out the characters, build up the tension AND have a cliffhanger ending.

I think these days scheduling a 45 minute programme is probably easier than the old 25 minute slot. Can't think of too many programmes which are broadcast over that length.

Personally I thought episode 3 was pretty well paced and fitted nicely into the time available.

As yet the series hasn't been bought by the American market, although the Canadians have got it.

• 3 weeks later...
I was a bit apprehensice about her at first, I mean come on, its BILLIE PIPER

Like you, all I could think of was "Because We Want Too!" I was pleasantly surprised to see her do so well. She isn't the world's greatest actress, as only Kathy Burke gets that title, but she certainly isn't the worst either.

It's nice to see how far Bille's come from being the typical Pop Princess who still needs her Pampers.

To quote a popular phrase, "Fantastic!"