PATRICK STEWART AND AVERY BROOKS!

v83

MORE BEGGING HERE:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE

THINK THATS ENOUGH!

BUT PLEASE PLEASE COULD YOU GET:

PATRICK STEWART AND AVERY BROOKS!!!!!

THEY'RE DOING ANOTHER CON, SO IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE TO MEET THEM AND IF YOU COULD THROW IN SCOTT BAKULA AS WELL JUST FOR GOOD MEASURES THEN I WOULD LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER!!!!! :lol:

PLEASE PLEASE.

V

Yes I support the idea ! 5 Starfleet captains would be unbelievable !! :D

I've never met Bill Shatner nor Patrick Stewart. I've seen Avery Brooks on stage but not met him (he wasn't signing at that event). I have already met Miss Mulgrew but can't wait to meet her again ! And finally, Scott Bakula is a hero of mine. I've just bought season 1 of Quantum Leap on Amazon.uk. I've not seen much of Enterprise but five captains gathered for the first (and maybe only) time, that would be amazing !!! ;)

Realism people, realism.

Ask for guests that are at the very last possibly obtainable. Otherwise you'll not got anyone you want to see.

Patrick Stewart will not do all day signing events.

Avery Brooks is highly unlikely. He's not been in the UK for about 12 years as far as I know, and rarely appears. And yes, I know he's appearing later in the year for Creation in the States. But it's one of his very few appearances of recent years.

Bakula doesn't do cons as far as I know. Hell, he won't even sign Enterprise cast photos.

And Shatner's a git. . .he's also a git who won't sign all day. Plus his asking price would bankrupt Showmasters.

I feel it's better that you all know the above so you can STOP asking.

Admiral Bear you're evil :lol: .... but you're right ! :lol:

But you know sometimes it's good to dream a bit :lol:;)

Having all of them is nearly impossible of course but having a second one may be a possibility. Stewart is doing more and more signing recently even if I agree it's just for a few hours and not the whole day. I would be interested to hear him on stage for one hour even if he is not signing. I don't know about Avery but as far as I know, Kate Mulgrew did only one convention in the UK too. So maybe SM can convince him to do an appearance at LFCC3 ? However, I saw him at another show three years ago and he did not sign at all, so highly unlikely indeed. And finally, Shatner..... well you said everything ;)

Realism people, realism.

Ask for guests that are at the very last possibly obtainable. Otherwise you'll not got anyone you want to see.

Patrick Stewart will not do all day signing events.

Avery Brooks is highly unlikely. He's not been in the UK for about 12 years as far as I know, and rarely appears. And yes, I know he's appearing later in the year for Creation in the States. But it's one of his very few appearances of recent years.

Bakula doesn't do cons as far as I know. Hell, he won't even sign Enterprise cast photos.

And Shatner's a git. . .he's also a git who won't sign all day. Plus his asking price would bankrupt Showmasters.

I feel it's better that you all know the above so you can STOP asking.

Bear, it's ok to be realistic, but you gotta have hope..

This time last year you would have said that Patrick Stewart doesn't do conventions anymore and even if he did, he will not sign..

A year later, he seems to be doing cons all over the place and signs.. you never know with Patrick.

As for Avery.. I met him a few years ago and he did say how much he enjoys the UK and in particular our theatre (favourite being Shakespeare).. Again, you never know, he might want that theatre trip and what better than to do a day signing and be paid to fly over......

Yes, Shatner's a git and I have met him several times and he has done nothing to dissuade me from that opinion.. BUT he has brought out a CD that pokes fun of himself, 'Has Been' and does the odd commercial or two that you would have thought was beneath him.. So, who knows, he might have changed his attitude....

The only one I agree with you here is Scott Bakula.. Didn't know he doesn't sign cast photos.. I wonder why not!!.. I am told he is very shy and doesn't do these.. but maybe his shyness from conventions is the thought of doing a stage talk.. If thta's the case, then maybe, just maybe a signing session would be more acceptable..

As I said.. you gotta have hope....

Admiral Bear you're evil  ;)  .... but you're right !  ;) 

But you know sometimes it's good to dream a bit  :angel:  :D

Having all of them is nearly impossible of course but having a second one may be a possibility.  Stewart is doing more and more signing recently even if I agree it's just for a few hours and not the whole day.  I would be interested to hear him on stage for one hour even if he is not signing.  I don't know about Avery but as far as I know, Kate Mulgrew did only one convention in the UK too.  So maybe SM can convince him to do an appearance at LFCC3 ? However, I saw him at another show three years ago and he did not sign at all, so highly unlikely indeed.  And finally, Shatner..... well you said everything  :lol:

Kate's done two cons in the UK, Voyager The Return in Blackpool, and Creation in London last year.

She's far more of a trooper than the rest of the Trek captains, and will sign until the cows come home at events. She said at Creation that she was still signing at midnight in Blackpool.

And you'll find that in the end, I'm usually right! My evilness is just a necessary by-product! :lol:

Edited by Admiral_Bear

She's far more of a trooper than the rest of the Trek captains, and will sign until the cows come home at events. She said at Creation that she was still signing at midnight in Blackpool.

Perfectly right ! All the cast were signing till very late in the evening on sunday ! Very nice of them :angel:

I remember that during the opening ceremony Kate said "not a single person in this room will leave Blackpool without a signature of mine". Maybe she didn't realize how many people were attending ;)

Admiral Bear you're evil  :lol:  .... but you're right !  ;) 

But you know sometimes it's good to dream a bit   :borg:  :P

Having all of them is nearly impossible of course but having a second one may be a possibility.   Stewart is doing more and more signing recently even if I agree it's just for a few hours and not the whole day.   I would be interested to hear him on stage for one hour even if he is not signing.   I don't know about Avery but as far as I know, Kate Mulgrew did only one convention in the UK too.  So maybe SM can convince him to do an appearance at LFCC3 ? However, I saw him at another show three years ago and he did not sign at all, so highly unlikely indeed.  And finally, Shatner..... well you said everything  :lol:

Kate's done two cons in the UK, Voyager The Return in Blackpool, and Creation in London last year.

And you'll find that in the end, I'm usually right! My evilness is just a necessary by-product! ;)

As mentioned previously Kate did not attend that Event last year, it was the first year when Shatner appeared! ;)

Admiral Bear you're evil  :lol:  .... but you're right !  ;) 

But you know sometimes it's good to dream a bit  :P  :P

Having all of them is nearly impossible of course but having a second one may be a possibility.   Stewart is doing more and more signing recently even if I agree it's just for a few hours and not the whole day.   I would be interested to hear him on stage for one hour even if he is not signing.   I don't know about Avery but as far as I know, Kate Mulgrew did only one convention in the UK too.  So maybe SM can convince him to do an appearance at LFCC3 ? However, I saw him at another show three years ago and he did not sign at all, so highly unlikely indeed.  And finally, Shatner..... well you said everything  :D

And you'll find that in the end, I'm usually right! My evilness is just a necessary by-product! ;)

As mentioned previously Kate did not attend that Event last year, it was the first year when Shatner appeared! :(

Right you are, Matrix. I can't believe it was over two years ago now. Time's flying at a scary rate.

There's nothing I'd love more than to meet Avery, and granted, for that to happen enough people have to ask for him. However, as with all "practically impossible" guest suggestions, one person suggests on the off chance that it might be possible, a few other people say "wonderful idea", and before you know it, some sort of mass group delusion has set in with everyone thinking it's actually or likely to happen.

That's why I earlier suggested that we must be realistic. Avery is possible, but very unlikely. Stewart, and for different reasons, Shatner are both impossibilities for an event of this kind.

And Bakula. . .well, that's anyone's guess. First time for everything, I suppose.

Sorry but does admiral bear only concentrate on the bad points

Sm's will try to get anyone, if we ask

So, guys keep asking for big names they'll do it, or at least try to

just stating my POV

JA

Light Speed Fint Art have several Enterprise prints that have been signed by the whole cast included Scott Bakula so doesnt look like he has a problem signing Enterprise stuff but he may have had a bad convention experience in the past (heard the same about Richard Dean Anderson) and that maybe why he doesnt do them anymore but lets hope that Jolene will go back with great stories about Collectormania and maybe the next time SM contact him he may consider it.

You know, I'm a bit skeptical about all those "bad" stories at conventions. My opinion is that some guests are not at ease with asking (lot of) money for autographed pictures. This is simply something they don't want/like to do and we have to respect that. Alyson hannigan signs a lot of pictures when people are waiting for her after a play for example and she does it because that way she doesn't charge the fans. Also some guests may be really shy and do not like mingle with fans.

:pyth: Interesting thread. I have met Brooks, Shatner. Stewart and Mulgrew.

Shatner is not all bad and lets face it Nimoy is at a signing event this year and he has never done that before so 'hope springs eternal', as they say in clicheville.

there is an event in the states with six of the seven tng cast attending, Mr Stewart is the absentee, and until last year Jonathan Frakes would not sit and sign at a show, so things change.

Also until recently RDA would not sign photos but when it was pointed out how his fans were being cheated by all the fakes he now sells for charity.

Everything is fluid, so just keep asking. I obviously want Bakula!!!

Light Speed Fint Art have several Enterprise prints that have been signed by the whole cast included Scott Bakula so doesnt look like he has a problem signing Enterprise stuff but he may have had a bad convention experience in the past (heard the same about Richard Dean Anderson) and that maybe why he doesnt do them anymore but lets hope that Jolene will go back with great stories about Collectormania and maybe the next time SM contact him he may consider it.

Good point Colonel.. except one thing!!!

Now that Enterprise has finished and the presumably the cast have gone their separate ways, will Jolene meet up with Scott soon.. or even at all now...

Of course, who would have thought that SM would get a couple of people such as Michael Biehn and Burt Reynolds at a signing event. Whilst Burt isn't my cup of tea, he's not the sort of guy you would expect to turn up at such an event. So there is always the chance that SM might be able to get one or more of the other Captain's to a signing event.

Out of the other choices I would plump for Patrick and Avery, never been a fan of Enterprise, and the original series is too corny to take any of the actors that seriously.

E :unsure: