Newbie - Advice needed please........

dodgytrotter

• Moderators

Best thing to do is get there early, and kinda plan out what guests u wanna see.

Go to the ones u expect to be busiest first and pick up a Virtual Queue ticket .. u don't pay for the ticket so even if u decide u don't wanna meet the guest, it's best to pick one up just in case!

One ticket per person for a queue.

Most autos are £15 with some £20 and maybe some lesser ones at £10 like reunion guests but we might be told beforehand.

Cash is easiest but cheques are accepted, and try and have some £5 notes if possible :wub:

Who are you planning on seeing?

• Moderators

Truthfully I'd aim for 8am just to make sure, especially if ur going for Alan and Sean .. it's very hard to know how busy it's gonna be, but considering it'll be a Sunday it's one of the most busiest days so I wouldn't take any risks. If ya turn up at 10am u should be ok to get a ticket but u'll probably get a high number and have to wait around quite a while before u see anyone.

how early? I was aiming for around 9:00. I want to get Sean Astin (probably along with 99% of the population!), Alan Cumming, Dean Stockwell and John Rhys Davis.

since you're going on the sunday 9:00 is a good time to get there - i'm not sure about how the queues will be for sean astin at that time because i've never attempted a main LOTR actor but you should get a decent place in the queue arriving at that time.

make sure you know where you've entered the centre in relation to the convention because you could spend ages just trying to find middleton hall if you're not careful (has happened to me before!)

make sure you're wearing a comfortable bag - i have this terrible habit of wearing a shoulder bag which just kills me by the end of the day >_<

know where the cashpoints, toilets and places to eat are (or take your own food which is probably cheaper - a bottle of water is definitely advisable)

and i think that's about it combined with David B's advice :wub: please note that i am hyper organised about these things and my adivce may not be necessary, lol

If you want cause I'm such a nice person I can get you a virtual queue ticket. This offer is only for tinababy and dodgytrotter mind so sorry everyone else. I should be getting there quite early on Sunday morning and as I'm there the other days aswell if you want a ticket for anyone feel free to tell me where and I will try my best. Also if you email me on sammoden@blackpoolsixth.ac.uk with your mobile number or what (I can give you mind) then you can call me as soon as you get to MK and we can meet up and I can give you the tickets

• Moderators

The website is helpful: http://www.collectormania.com

Especially the http://www.collectormania.com/eventdetails.html section which will be useful for new people :lol:

But the best place is this forum cuz u get direct answers to ur questions and people will let u know the best ways to do things from their own experience :lol:

• Moderators

No harm getting there as early as u can .. it might not be necessary but better to be safe than to turn up late n miss out when u've travelled a long way! Especially considering the number of people staying in hotels in the area, there'll be quite a few people there already, it's usually best to stay overnight and be ready for an early start :lol:

Another question from a foreigner.

Will the milk trains run on sunday? If not is there any other way to get from Lunnen to MK early? I mean I can catch a train on saturday at 6 or 7. But how about Sunday's and Bank Holiday? If not, I'll only go on sat and spend sunday in good ole Soho or Camden. Sweet. Depends on which days the guests will be there though.

:cylon: Maybe we can have a sing along to stay warm in the morning when we have to queue outside the shops, I sleep in front of the doors on saturdaynight so I can spend even more money at the convention and the conventions 1 and 2 weeks after this one. So when you meet a male buffy - angel - smallville - stargate freak with blue lips then it´s me.

If you want cause I'm such a nice person I can get you a virtual queue ticket. This offer is only for tinababy and dodgytrotter mind so sorry everyone else. I should be getting there quite early on Sunday morning and as I'm there the other days aswell if you want a ticket for anyone feel free to tell me where and I will try my best. Also if you email me on sammoden@blackpoolsixth.ac.uk with your mobile number or what (I can give you mind) then you can call me as soon as you get to MK and we can meet up and I can give you the tickets

That's very sweet of you, the only thing is will you be alone as I am going with my husband so I would need two tickets for James Marsters. I will try emailing you but it's on the blink a bit! If you don't receive one soon you can post on here to let me know. :D

how early? I was aiming for around 9:00. I want to get Sean Astin (probably along with 99% of the population!)

i'm aiming for him as well... personally, i'd expect quite an early queue for him, and would probably reccomend 7AM arrival....

to put it in a better context - C4 (elijah, dom and sean wasn't it?) ppl started queueing around 4AM i think i'd heard. i wasn't there myself, but even if sean is the only one announced, i don't doubt that there will be early queueing.

and if there was genuinely likely to be 99% of the population looking to meet him, i'd say you better get there a week early, and close the centre down until he arrives!! :P:angry::unsure::angry:;):(:lol:

how early? I was aiming for around 9:00. I want to get Sean Astin (probably along with 99% of the population!)

i'm aiming for him as well... personally, i'd expect quite an early queue for him, and would probably reccomend 7AM arrival....

to put it in a better context - C4 (elijah, dom and sean wasn't it?) ppl started queueing around 4AM i think i'd heard. i wasn't there myself, but even if sean is the only one announced, i don't doubt that there will be early queueing.

and if there was genuinely likely to be 99% of the population looking to meet him, i'd say you better get there a week early, and close the centre down until he arrives!! :lol::lol::lol::P:P:lol::lol:

LOL might not be a bad idea!

*waves* what on earth are you doing posting at 215 in the morning?!?!?!?!

£5 are handy! ive not done that part of crewing but we spent about 45 minutes in london sorting out the payment for the hotel and cause we had no fivers it was VERY difficult LOL

*makes mental note to start going to the bank to change notes/coins into fivers*

Hiya,

I queued outside the shopping centre from 4am the time Elijah, Sean and Dom were there......was a bit bloody freezing! It was worth it though, I got Ticket number ONE to meet Sean, and about Number 10 to meet Elijah. Twas brill! He was so excited - he ran in to great cheers and looked at all the photos, and chatted away. :lol:

I am not sure this time how early I am willing to get up - it is only Sean at the moment so.......I'll decide nearer the time me thinks! It will be freezing no doubt! :P

Sean is definitely worth meeting - he is a lovely guy :lol::lol:

Vix :P

Tis not just easier on us .. if we don't have change to give ya then u'd have to wait ages til we do get change n it slows things down :P

yes!! £5 notes are like gold dust!!! bring them people! you will lighten the hearts of many a crew member! myself included!

=x=

OK, I'm a little confused about the whole virtual queueing thing. First of all, if you got there and started queueing at, say, 8 o'clock, would you get your virtual queue ticket then, or would you have to wait in the queue until the event opened?

Also, can one person collect 2 virtual queue tickets? There are quite a few guests that me and my friend really want to see, so can we split up to try and get the chance to meet more? Or would we both have to be present in the queue to get a ticket?