Has anyone ever had an "A" list DIRECTOR'S sig?

nicky

I went into RSA Films and asked if I could leave a poster for Ridley Scott to sign so I could then collect it later. The receptionist gave me his PA's email instead but she sent a reply to me saying, "I'm afraid that's not possible, as you can imagine he's a very busy man and is out of the country at the moment anyway. Thanks for your interest".

Has anyone else had any luck with A' list directors, apart from Jonathan Frakes who attended LFCC2 of course. I guess the best way is to email the director's website...if they have one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top tip: go to the local sixth form and get autographs from all the film students. when any of them make a big movie, you will have an autograph from before they were famous!

:lol:

Paul

Edited by WaterBoy

Top tip: go to the local sixth form and get autogrpahs from all the film students. when any of them make a big movie, you will have an autograph from before they were famous!

:lol:

Paul

oooh. i should do that with my lecture group.

does that mean i have to get one from myself too? hmmm??

=x=

If got a signed photo from Peter Jackson, does that count?

Besides that, no directors, sorry!

omg, how did u get that?

i dont have any :P

I wrote a fan letter to him before the whole LOTR hype started and requested one.

Shortly after the FOTR came out I got back the photo I had sent, signed and made out to me. Also I got a typed letter from somebody at Wing Nut (on very cool LOTR stationary) saying thanks for writing and a short note by Peter, answering the two questions I had about another movie.

I wish I could have asked for Ridley's when I met him, but I couldn't really :wub:

Wow, how did you meet him? I want to write him a fan letter but dunno if it's worth dropping it off at his office cos of the email I got from his PA as detailed in my first post. I want him to get I Am Legend back into production.

I met John Carpenter at Phantasm at the BFI the year of In the Mouth of Madness. Not A list though, sorry.

John Carpenter is A' list as far as I see it. He has his name over some of the most important cult films of the 70s and 80s. OK he hasn't done much lately let alone much good but he is still a big name I reckon...I mean he aint straight to video is he is a fmous name amongst film fans.

Anyway how did you come to meet him? He and Ridley Scott are my top two directors.

I wish I could have asked for Ridley's when I met him, but I couldn't really ^_^

Wow, how did you meet him? I want to write him a fan letter but dunno if it's worth dropping it off at his office cos of the email I got from his PA as detailed in my first post. I want him to get I Am Legend back into production.

Becky (Shirefruit) and I met Ridley at a film premiere party.

As soon as we saw him, we had to go and talk to him. He was really nice.

We were typical fans and gushed over him, but we were cool at the same time!

• 1 year later...

I have a few A List Directors I got in person, all from Prems's

Tim Burton (At Corpse Bride Premiere)

Peter Jackson (King Kong Premiere)

Bryan Singer (Superman Returns Premiere)

Niki Caro (North Country Preview)

And also Joss Whedon (Serenity Premiere), but not sure Nicky will allow me that one !

Plus a friend got me:

Rob Marshall (Memoirs of a Geisha Premiere)

Other Directors I have got in person:

George Romero

Guy Hamilton

That's it I think !

Edited by GoldenGreen