Witchkings Hour and Mouth Of Sauron

ILoveMerry

dose anyone else feel let down my the promised "fights" in the rotkee, namely the mouth of sauron and the witchking, they came on and i got all ready to see some super cool fighting actions, and i was dissapointing, gandalf looked like a wimp, and the mouth of sauron, as cool and freaky as he was, was a bit easy to defeat.

however, the rest of the film was great

and

I MANAGED TO FIND THE EASTER EGGS - witch are hillarious, especially dom :D:P

dose anyone else feel let down my the promised "fights" in the rotkee, namely the mouth of sauron and the witchking, they came on and i got all ready to see some super cool fighting actions, and i was dissapointing, gandalf looked like a wimp, and the mouth of sauron, as cool and freaky as he was, was a bit easy to defeat.

and

I MANAGED TO FIND THE EASTER EGGS - witch are hillarious, especially dom :wub::wub:

yeah i do agree with you, especially about Gandalf against the Witch King and the breaking of his staff, didnt really see the point in that bit being in there!! i feel that the scene was still not shown in its full version, it just felt like there was still something missing :headscratch:

still love the film though and the mouth of sauron was kinda freakish ;)

i felt let down by the healing rooms scenes with eowyn and faramir - i was really lookin forward to them!

Also i dunno why but they were put in completely the wrong places like randomly shoved somewhere. The first healing room scene comes between eomer finding eowyn and screaming and pippin finding merry. As much as i was looking forward to watching the healing room scenes, all the way thru the first one i was like 'ohmygod, they haven't cut out the pippin finding merry bit have they' it breaks up the stuff on the battle field really badly. They should have put it after the merry and pippin bit - it really does feel like its in the wrong place. Also, the healing room bits all amount to just a few glances between faramir and eowyn - NOt what i was expecting, we already had glances between eowyn and faramir at the end of rotk theatricial version!

I thought that the scences in the houses of healing were over a little too quickly but i thought it was good that Pippin finding Merry was left until afterwards; it made it seem as if it actually took Pippin a long time to find Merry and that he didn't just immdiately find him. The sky was darker as though he'd been searching for ages which i thought was cool. It is pretty unrealistic that he would immediatly stumble across him.

and

I MANAGED TO FIND THE EASTER EGGS - witch are hillarious, especially dom :P  :P

yeah i do agree with you, especially about Gandalf against the Witch King and the breaking of his staff, didnt really see the point in that bit being in there!! i feel that the scene was still not shown in its full version, it just felt like there was still something missing :P

still love the film though and the mouth of sauron was kinda freakish :wub:

yea and then you saw him again and he had his staff back all shiny and not broke.

and

I MANAGED TO FIND THE EASTER EGGS - witch are hillarious, especially dom :lol:  :D

yeah i do agree with you, especially about Gandalf against the Witch King and the breaking of his staff, didnt really see the point in that bit being in there!! i feel that the scene was still not shown in its full version, it just felt like there was still something missing :unsure:

still love the film though and the mouth of sauron was kinda freakish :o

yea and then you saw him again and he had his staff back all shiny and not broke.

Gandalf has amazing DIY magic!! :o

and

I MANAGED TO FIND THE EASTER EGGS - witch are hillarious, especially dom :lol:  :D

yeah i do agree with you, especially about Gandalf against the Witch King and the breaking of his staff, didnt really see the point in that bit being in there!! i feel that the scene was still not shown in its full version, it just felt like there was still something missing :unsure:

still love the film though and the mouth of sauron was kinda freakish :P

Gandalf has amazing DIY magic!! :o

must do... his list of talents is endless :o

I thought that the scences in the houses of healing were over a little too quickly but i thought it was good that Pippin finding Merry was left until afterwards; it made it seem as if it actually took Pippin a long time to find Merry and that he didn't just immdiately find him. The sky was darker as though he'd been searching for ages which i thought was cool. It is pretty unrealistic that he would immediatly stumble across him.

yeah i can see that - but i just preferred how it was in the original version, where it was not split up! xx

Witchking, Gandalf, Shadowfax and Pippin scene was just crap lol

:D

I loved the Mouth of Sauron! Its not like the book I know, but I still thought he was wicked!

I absolutely agree with you. Loved the introduction of the Mouth of Sauron highlight of the DVD for me.

I really liked it all. The houses of healing could've been a bit longer, but overall the extended scenes were brilliant!

I especially loved the first disc! The scene with Saruman and Wormtongue was EXCELLENT (with some amazing effects) and although it was so different from the book, it really worked!

And the extended paths of the dead was great too!!!!

Shame its all over now :D

I like the place where Saruman lands, because it's like he dies on his own creation! I think they said something like that in the commentary! lol

The mouth of Sauron, I love that bit. It's sooo freakeh the mouth eeek lol t'is weird indeed!

Hmm.. I thought there'd be more with Gandy & the Witchking as well! :angry:

and I swear they said they were gonna add Faramir & Eowyn's wedding weren't they? I didn't see that.. Hmmm

I think the film was even more amazing, as it's my fave film ever, but I didn't understand how Gandalf got his staff back???

The same way he got it back after his fight with Saruman in FotR...we shouldn't question he's a wizard :D

Yeah...he can summon them from mid-air!!! :lol:

I do wish we saw more of Gandalf's magic in the films really

Yeah, so do I. In a way though, I am glad we didn't see too much, I mean the battles would be way too easy with Gandalf whipping a spell out here and there. I am glad we got to see some fantastic battle scenes instead.

I have just watched the RotKEE for the first time and I have to say it was awesome. Yes it isn't like the book, but as are the other two movies. You have to forget the book, (not easy, I know) and take it for what it is, which is the best movie trilogy EVER.

I wasn't disappointed at all. The mouth of Sauron was just fantastic, he made me hate him and I cheered when Aragorn shut him up :D (but in the next scene, when the gates open further where did his horse and body go, not to mention his severed head??).

I think the scenes between Faramir and Eowyn, as small as they were, were so necessary. For people who haven't read the books, at the end of the theatrical version, there is no explanation of why the two of them are together...they just appear together and there are a few question marks.

The few extended scenes actually show people the chemistry between them, and give you insight to how their relationship may develop. you are not left wondering.

Gandalf with the Witch King. It happened pretty much how I imagined it would. It was good in a way to show that although he was a powerful wizard, he had weaknesses too.

I kind of agree about the healing rooms, but it didn't bother me too much where they placed it. It's like someone else said, (sorry I forgot who), it made you realise the extent of the battle. The healing was taking place while other stuff was going on on the battlefield and it gave the impression that Pippin was a long time finding Merry.

Gimli in the Paths of the Dead, just cracked me up. You need that light relief to break up all the sad bits :D

Overall, I enjoyed it muchly and still cried like a baby. No more the theatrical versions for me...EE all the way. A massive thumbs up :lol:

Edited by Strider

I wasn't disappointed at all. The mouth of Sauron was just fantastic, he made me hate him and I cheered when Aragorn shut him up :lol: (but in the next scene, when the gates open further where did his horse and body go, not to mention his severed head??).

i thought that too, also where did aragorn and co's horses go, they ride up to the black gates with them, but then when aragorn says 'for frodo' they are all on foot not a horse in sight :huh:

I wasn't disappointed at all. The mouth of Sauron was just fantastic, he made me hate him and I cheered when Aragorn shut him up  :D (but in the next scene, when the gates open further where did his horse and body go, not to mention his severed head??).

i thought that too, also where did aragorn and co's horses go, they ride up to the black gates with them, but then when aragorn says 'for frodo' they are all on foot not a horse in sight :headscratch:

LOL I never thought of that...by that point I'm too busy blubbing like a baby!!!! :D:wub::wub:

i thoguht it was amazing, though i wish that the houses of healing scene should have gone into more depth. i loved the music though, it was great! but that doesn't make up for it being too short... i was looking forward to that most of all! i still think that it was amazing though, overall. and i loved that it showed that pippin had been looking all day for merry, that gets a thumbs up from me!