Oh my god what possed them...

Calumn

What in hell posses a 30 year old man to come in a star-trek suit, or a 45 year old woman to come as a Klingon, or all those other costumes. The hobbits were OK, obviously taking the ****, but the others made me cringed as I walked past them. If it was any of you, shoot yourself. Now.

you come on here.... and then say THAT.... and REALLY expect not to be bitched at?! :blink:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in hell posses a 30 year old man to come in a star-trek suit, or a 45 year old woman to come as a Klingon, or all those other costumes. The hobbits were OK, obviously taking the ****, but the others made me cringed as I walked past them. If it was any of you, shoot yourself. Now.

you come on here.... and then say THAT.... and REALLY expect not to be bitched at?! :blink:

Oh, I love a good bitch...shame I've got a lecture now! :lol:

Hmmm...hopefully this thread will still be going when I go back home this wknd LMAO :D

i'd just like to say thankyou to those defending the people in costume. i was one of them callum and if you don't like it then bugger off and find a new interest!!!!!!!!!!. i was the girl in the regency dress as mekare from the anne rice stories, and i think that either you are a very spiteful person with no sense of adventure or someone else currently has your family braincell. i personally given the choice would wear period dresses quite a bit if they weren't so hard to get into as they are much better quality and far prettier than what we wear today, and most of the costumes i saw the hobbits and chun li especially were fantastic!!! keep up the good work guys.

i'd just like to say thankyou to those defending the people in costume. i was one of them callum and if you don't like it then bugger off and find a new interest!!!!!!!!!!. i was the girl in the regency dress as mekare from the anne rice stories, and i think that either you are a very spiteful person with no sense of adventure or someone else currently has your family braincell. i personally given the choice would wear period dresses quite a bit if they weren't so hard to get into as they are much better quality and far prettier than what we wear today, and most of the costumes i saw the hobbits and chun li especially were fantastic!!! keep up the good work guys.

touche! orrrrrr however yer gonna spell it! but fair play to you hun, i cant remember iof i saw you or not but i have been to events dressed up in the past too.... its all a good laugh and harmless and well worth doing.

i hate narrow minded people

touche! orrrrrr however yer gonna spell it! but fair play to you hun, i cant remember iof i saw you or not but i have been to events dressed up in the past too.... its all a good laugh and harmless and well worth doing.

i hate narrow minded people

as someone said before they just probably don't have the balls to do it themselves or are jealous as people give them more attention than whoever posted this thread :D

Hope that makes sense my head is jumbled with legal terms at the moment :unsure:

Is there anything you actually DID like about the weekend?! Because seriously, nobody really gives a crap if you liked a costume or not, or whether you managed to p*ss off half the crew or god knows what else you've been ranting about.

If you hate the whole experience that much, DON'T GO. Either that or remove the large pointed object you have so firmly wedged up there and try to actually have fun.

*frolicks away*

Is there anything you actually DID like about the weekend?! Because seriously, nobody really gives a crap if you liked a costume or not, or whether you managed to p*ss off half the crew or god knows what else you've been ranting about.

If you hate the whole experience that much, DON'T GO. Either that or remove the large pointed object you have so firmly wedged up there and try to actually have fun.

*frolicks away*

hahaha i love you lelya!!!

have to say i agree - just shut up.

I would also like to add that I'm a bit depressed by the ageism in Calumn's post - why shouldn't a 30 year old man or a 45 year old woman come in costume? :unsure: I suppose there's also a bit of self-interest since I'm not exactly in the first flush of dewy youth and would actually really love to attend in costume, if I could just pluck up the balls to do it - but I'm already put off because of my age. So could this be (bad joke alert) a calumny? :D

Edited by yeltz-lass

I would also like to add that I'm a bit depressed by the ageism in Calumn's post - why shouldn't a 30 year old man or a 45 year old woman come in costume? :D I suppose there's also a bit of self-interest since I'm not exactly in the first flush of dewy youth and would actually really love to attend in costume, if I could just pluck up the balls to do it - but I'm already put off because of my age. So could this be (bad joke alert) a calumny? :P

He's just a troll.... he needs ignoring! :unsure:

I would also like to add that I'm a bit depressed by the ageism in Calumn's post - why shouldn't a 30 year old man or a 45 year old woman come in costume? :D I suppose there's also a bit of self-interest since I'm not exactly in the first flush of dewy youth and would actually really love to attend in costume, if I could just pluck up the balls to do it - but I'm already put off because of my age.  So could this be (bad joke alert) a calumny? :P

Agree with anit-ageist statements but can I make a sizist one. Lycra = Slim. :unsure:

Edited by Noddy

What people don't realize is that they dress up in costume all the time. Perfect example is if you wear designer clothes with logos all over them ......... aren't you a walking advertisment? :lol:

Just wish I had got some photos of some of the people who took the time and trouble to make the day even more special

Edited by pcbob

You're *complaining*?? Costumes are the highlight of my con personally.... there are usually some attractive girls in costumes that make a geek like myself drool.

The rest are okay as well :lol:

But seriously if they wan to dress up, it's cool man. Makes the con more interesting in my opnion.

I was another 'freak' dressed up this weekend. I was Rinoa from Final Fantasy on Saturday and Yuna from final Fantasy on Sunday. I must admit, i do enjoy the attention I get & i've neva had a bad comment. I even had comments off people outside the convention that were just ordinary passers-by & they were really nice as well. I think dressing up is still a bit unusual in the U.K. In Japan cosplaying is a highly respectable thing 2 do & is not considered strange at all. Just go on Ebay and look up 'cosplay' & u'll c the 100's of costumes people have made. At the end of the day, we enjoy it & who cares wot others think!!!

i was princess jasmine from aladdin ( half naked LOL) on saterday and X-mens Rogue on the sunday! its funny people slag us off but do you know how many people took a picture of my spam in that spandex? LOL haha

thanks everyone for supporting costumers! its so fun......i do have a normal life too. i attend uni and have a son... :angry:

Agree with anit-ageist statements but can I make a sizist one. Lycra = Slim. :lol:

Agree with that one! X-Men for example....Rogue looked fantastic but Storm was way too overweight to be wearing that.

Oh whoever was the Van Helsing girl on the Saturday looked amazing. Wish I'd gotten my picture taken with her.

Now that's just unpleasant.... :angry:

You ever heard of the saying 'if you ain't got soemthing nice to say, don't say anything?'

Try it some time.

i was princess jasmine from aladdin ( half naked LOL) on saterday and X-mens Rogue on the sunday! its funny people slag us off but do you know how many people took a picture of my spam in that spandex? LOL haha

thanks everyone for supporting costumers! its so fun......i do have a normal life too. i attend uni and have a son... :D

:o:blush:

I 'may' have a photo with your spam in it.... :blush:

I promise to ask first next time! ;)

its like asking why there is pointless statues in the middle of MK everywhere (ok, so the cows really are pointless)

the costumes are something pleasing and different to look at, many were immaculate, loved them!

omg, i saw you as jasmine, i was watching you in craigs queue (i was sat with kate) so ACCURATE, do them earrings **** you off, is it a wig, does the top **** you off and are they made out of baggy pjamas? lol and where the HELL did you find them shoes?!

how come you've never posted about the 90 year olds santas? what about them...

its like asking why there is pointless statues in the middle of MK everywhere (ok, so the cows really are pointless)

the costumes are something pleasing and different to look at, many were immaculate, loved them!

omg, i saw you as jasmine, i was watching you in craigs queue (i was sat with kate) so ACCURATE, do them earrings **** you off, is it a wig, does the top **** you off and are they made out of baggy pjamas? lol and where the HELL did you find them shoes?!

how come you've never posted about the 90 year olds santas? what about them...

:blush:

OI!

What's wrong with our cows!?!

That's like calling stonehenge pointless!! (not that I'm comparing the cows culturally to stonehenge, but it's the same concept!!)

Now that's just unpleasant.... :blush:

You ever heard of the saying 'if you ain't got soemthing nice to say, don't say anything?'

Try it some time.

I'd always heard of the saying 'Honesty is the best polocy'

Look I thought she shouldn't have been wearing it. Maybe she would have looked nice in a different costume or whatever but lycra should be kept for the thin people.

Right well where do I start here.......( I was Anna Valerious from Van Helsing on Saturday,and Arwen on Sunday)

OK.EVERYONE'S entitled to their opinion.....and Calumn to answer your questions( as you've gathered I certainly have NOT shot myself),I am a 40 year old woman who according to some should know better,and stop making the likes of you cringe as I walk by..........

When YOU pay MY mortgageTHEN I just might listen to what you have to say.......until then,as I see it,I have only ONE life to live,and I sure as Hell am going to do the things that I want to do,because it's always better to regret the things you have done in life,than to regret the things you haven't done,and I would certainly be full of regrets if I EVER listened to ppl like you...... :wub: ( Oh,and I certainly wouldn't have met all the very interesting ppl that I have if I'd been a boring fart like.........)