Oh my god what possed them...

Calumn

What in hell posses a 30 year old man to come in a star-trek suit, or a 45 year old woman to come as a Klingon, or all those other costumes. The hobbits were OK, obviously taking the ****, but the others made me cringed as I walked past them. If it was any of you, shoot yourself. Now.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, some us happen to be sane and like to entertain kids not idiots like you. I happened to be dressed as Rogue today and i had lots of nice comments from staff, public and stars. Keep your stupid nasty comments to yourself :unsure:

If your motives are to entertain the children that's OK.............. but still............ how does it feel knowing that people are probably laughing at photographs of you right now?

What in hell posses a 30 year old man to come in a star-trek suit, or a 45 year old woman to come as a Klingon, or all those other costumes. The hobbits were OK, obviously taking the ****, but the others made me cringed as I walked past them. If it was any of you, shoot yourself. Now.

Yeah, but just because you thought they were embarrassing/whatever doesn't mean that everyone else does, and it's only your opinion, not a statement of fact or the final word - you're not the sole arbitor of taste, etc. If people of all ages sizes want to go in costume (although frankly some male Star Trek fans really...shouldn't...) then that's up to them and good luck to them for having the nerve and the courage to do it; but no-one's going to give it up just because you don't happen to like it.

If your motives are to entertain the children that's OK.............. but still............ how does it feel knowing that people are probably laughing at photographs of you right now?

:lol: They probably wouldn't give a s*** and wouldn't waste time worrying about people who are so sad that they've got nothing better to do than take the **** out of other people just because they happen to think they look stupid... :lol: Why do you have such a problem with costumers, anyway? :D Is it just the idea, or are some of the costumes just bad? ;)

Not everyone cares about what they look like?! :lol:

and i think thats a good thing, its nice to see some poeple dress up for the event, i wouldnt do it myself, but its something else to look at! theyr not doing any harm, and im sure the guests like to see some big fans that go that one step further than anyone else :lol:

:D good on em i say!

I'm certainly not laughing at those whose pictures I took at C4 and 5. <_<

I love the fact that they dress up - it shows their fun side, and that they truly love their shows. It's just a shame that you don't hold such dedication. <_<

:lol: They probably wouldn't give a s*** and wouldn't waste time worrying about people who are so sad that they've got nothing better to do than take the **** out of other people just because they happen to think they look stupid... :lol: Why do you have such a problem with costumers, anyway? :D Is it just the idea, or are some of the costumes just bad? ;)

I dunno why..... it was just...... wrong. I just wonder about the thought process that leads someone to wake up in the morning, think "I know, I'll wear my Star Trek costume today". OK, I understand lots of people do it for a laugh, but lots that I saw, mainly the Star Trek guys, looked like they had about as many laughs in them as a post-mortem. I just wonder........... why.

I dunno why..... it was just...... wrong. I just wonder about the thought process that leads someone to wake up in the morning, think "I know, I'll wear my Star Trek costume today". OK, I understand lots of people do it for a laugh, but lots that I saw, mainly the Star Trek guys, looked like they had about as many laughs in them as a post-mortem. I just wonder........... why.

Maybe you shouldn't take things at face value, maybe you should have gone and said hello, like I do.

I agree - I think a lot of people do do it for a laugh, although they're serious about their costuming, if that makes sense? :lol: They want other people to enjoy the costumes, and they take it seriously, but not to the point of being anal - although I do worry about some people I've seen, believe me... :blink: The costumers I know do it because they enjoy it, and because it's fun - but I don't think the majority are po-faced or get pompous about it. ^_^ I think you'd need a real costumer to explain why they do it and answer your question, mind. But - at the risk of getting ;) , between you and me I have to agree with your comments re some of the ST guys... :lol:

But I guess it's what floats yer boat at the end of t'day. :lol: And did you get your tickets sorted, btw?

I agree - I think a lot of people do do it for a laugh, although they're serious about their costuming, if that makes sense? :D They want other people to enjoy the costumes, and they take it seriously, but not to the point of being anal - although I do worry about some people I've seen, believe me... ;) The costumers I know do it because they enjoy it, and because it's fun - but I don't think the majority are po-faced or get pompous about it. :lol: I think you'd need a real costumer to explain why they do it and answer your question, mind. But - at the risk of getting :lol: , between you and me I have to agree with your comments re some of the ST guys... :lol:

But I guess it's what floats yer boat at the end of t'day. :blink: And did you get your tickets sorted, btw?

LOL I'm actually surprised how well this forum is taking my brutal honesty so far :lol: I didnt bother about changing the tickets in the end, just came on Saturday anyway. I did really enjoy it despite what I say. Btw, I dont suppose anyone wants to get a 'To Calumn' Simon Pegg for me btw :lol:

I was one of the hobbitts :lol: *stands and bows*

I was certainly not taking the p!$$. I began costuming when I made friends with other costumers who do it for charity. We go and show our support and another show lets us in free.

I like to provide a photo oportunity for others! :lol: And I don't mind a bit if people want to laugh. Though the reaction to my costumes has always been great :blink: and your comment that the hobbits were okay is actually the nastiest comment I've recieved :lol::lol:;)

It's not as strange as you thing. I personally don't understand high street fashions at all :D We're each different.

I was one of the hobbitts :lol: *stands and bows*

I was certainly not taking the p!$$. I began costuming when I made friends with other costumers who do it for charity. We go and show our support and another show lets us in free.

I like to provide a photo oportunity for others! :lol: And I don't mind a bit if people want to laugh. Though the reaction to my costumes has always been great :blink: and your comment that the hobbits were okay is actually the nastiest comment I've recieved :lol::lol:;)

It's not as strange as you thing. I personally don't understand high street fashions at all :D We're each different.

Firstly lemme just say well done, your costume was awesome, you actually looked like real hobbits.

It was different with you though. There was a whole group of you, and you were obviously laughing and joking with everyone.

I was one of the hobbitts :lol:  *stands and bows*

I like to provide a photo oportunity for others! ^_^  And I don't mind a bit if people want to laugh. Though the reaction to my costumes has always been great  :lol:  and your comment that the hobbits were okay is actually the nastiest comment I've recieved :lol:  :lol:  ;)

It's not as strange as you thing. I personally don't understand high street fashions at all :D  We're each different.

Firstly lemme just say well done, your costume was awesome, you actually looked like real hobbits.

It was different with you though. There was a whole group of you, and you were obviously laughing and joking with everyone.

Thank you! It's true we do it for a laugh. Stopping to chat with us always means exchanging a few geek jokes!

:lol:;):blink:

It's all about being in the spirit of things. If you can't stand in awe and wonderment at the time and effort these people put into their costumes and appreciate them, really, what are you doing at a collectors fare? And Sci-Fi one at that? (I say Sci-FI only as that seems to be the main genre).

It's to be expected that people will dress up and it just makes things just a little more fun and interesting.

Granted the level of costuming jumps from really cringingly bad to jaw droppingly awesome. What I thought was awesome were the Riker and Picard lookie likes at C6.... Now they ROCKED.

Hopefully next time at C7 I'll have a pantwettingly awesome costume. I like the whole idea that people are taken a-back by the detail in the costume etc. I love having my picture taken and at one point at C5 a guest asked for my photo.

It's nice knowing your efforts are appreciated by the majority.

And if you can't laugh then what can you do? Granted I take costuming seriously but there is the idea you can have a laugh about it as well.

I guess I understand why you feel like cringing but who's getting the attention? The idea behind costuming is that you stand out and people take notice of you. Be it good or bad attention it is only attention that people are after. :lol: So cringe away. I love it when I can scare people while I'm in costume. My next costume should give people reason to be scared as well. Mwahahahaha! :lol::D

Wow, I really type crap sometimes...

I think it's great that people dress up!! With everything going on in the world today it's nice to see that people can still have fun and enjoy themselves! I find the original comment kinda shallow.. :D

Edited by steff

I love looking at the people in the costumes, some of them or great, and others... not so great but fun anyway.

I noticed the Hobbits several times (recognised one from the first LFCC, who i believe was pink last time) and they were walking around with Chun Li... who i can only assume was in the Japanise release of LOTR :D

Calumn mate I think you need to grow up a bit. I'm not one who would go dressed up to one of these things by any means but if other people want to then leave them to it.

To be honest most posts I've seen of yours on here have been fairly negative ranging from accusing SM of being involved in some conspiracy to trick people into coming to the event through to this rubbish about people in costumes.

These events are designed for fans of cult film and TV, it doesn't take a genius to work out that some fans take things further than others. As long as they're not hurting anyone leave them to it. If you can't get past these things I would suggest that you consider what you actually gain from coming to these events.

IMHO.

I love seeing people having great fun, they put so much work into these costumes... yes even the ones that dont look out of this world.....

i dont personally wear, make or want to wear costume at these events...that is simply because i havent the patience, self esteme or talent to pull it off.

My friends wear costumes, make them and everything and i see it as a tribute to one of the less noticed parts of the movie industry, a part that is so undervalued and not understood.

I think that calumn has way too much time on his hands to even worry about it... and to think that you are supposed to go to an event to have fun yourself not to worry what others are doing... that way you arent having fun.... its no wonder this person is negative, and aside from that, obv has some self esteme issues themself.

i think Calumn would love nothing more than yo go get a costume, make a costume and parade around in it being admire by all...

truth is he has no balls to do that... so instead he forces his insecurity out and puts it upon those who have the initiative and talent to do it...

making other people bad...doesnt make you feel better remember that... and to be honest most of us are to busy to care what you think.... most of us are making great costumes!

hahahahahaha!!

V xx

P.S who is Calumn??