Anyone here had a guest refuse to sign an item?

nicky

Adam West wouldn't sign anything except the official signing photos at LFCC1, unless the owner let him sign it with a dedication. Quite a simple act to try and prevent traders from buying bat-toys and increasing theirvalue with his signature.

I think Garrick Hagon was doing something similar at CM6

Personally for £25 a throw Id sign a cheese sandwich if I was asked

At CM6 Nick Brendon refused to sign some Buffy comics for a friend of mine stating that they werent 'official buffy merchandise so couldnt sign it " !

That's understandable though as he has nothing to do with the comics...his charecter may appear in it but it's not really him...kinda like asking a guest to sign the novelisation or cd soundtrack I guess...

apparantlt, Natalie Portman WONT sigh any starwars stuff.

Ive seen her signing a SW dvd recently, but usualy she doesnt sign SW stuff.

she even tried to get out of the new film, but george lucas made her honour her contract!

+she said "standing against a blue background and pretending things are there, is silly, that isnt acting".

i love her in all her films, but think its pathetic not to sign any star wars stuff!!

:lol:  :D

its only tabloid rumors

I had heard that Michael Dorn wouldnt sign a particular black and white print of him with the rest of the TNG cast and have seen a few of the prints for sell minus his signature so was a little worried he wouldnt sign mine but he signed it without question at C6, actually he said it was his favourite print.

Yeah there was loadsa of them! :o But as u said he liked them! People just like starting random weird stuff most of the time, just like the Nat Portman thing :o

billy dee williams refused to sign one of my items at collectormania 6 (or should i say the lady taking the tickets said no as soon as i put it on the table it WAS an official lucasfilm photo from a certain massive star wars event(convention 3 is happening next year in indianapolis :o )it was made to be signed by billy,jeremy bulloch and dave prowse it was already signed by the other 2 actors and although i pointed this out it was a definate no (although she did apoligise and seemed genuinely sorry she said it was against the rules)i cannot see what difference is it would have made me happy and not really made any difference to them but i'm afraid this is the way of things i have now had to buy a replacement :o

Adam West wouldn't sign anything except the official signing photos at LFCC1, unless the owner let him sign it with a dedication. Quite a simple act to try and prevent traders from buying bat-toys and increasing theirvalue with his signature.

To be fair though... permenant marker comes off with spray deoderant (I've heard it comes off with hair spray too but I'd be careful with that due to the alcohol content, alcohols commonly attack plastics so might ruin the photo finish/toy packaging)

Although I see /why/ he would ask if he could pers it.

But thats how some dealers get around it anyway, they get a load of stuff personalised and wipe off their names by spraying on deoderant and wiping with a tissue.

I think its stupid when actors refuse to sign merchandise for the movies that /made them/.

Like Orlando Bloom apparently refuses to sign Legolas stuff, (I know he did at the last con he was at here) I'm sorry but those films are the reason he is anyone at all. Alienating your only fanbase, ie 13 year old girls, by refusing to sign their stuff is a big no no in my opinion.

I've never had anyone refuse to sign my stuff, the only none print item I've had signed is my Star Wars Unleashed Chewbacca toy and Peter loved it, we had a chat for ages about all the different ranges of toys and stuff and which ones he liked best :)

Like Orlando Bloom apparently refuses to sign Legolas stuff, (I know he did at the last con he was at here) I'm sorry but those films are the reason he is anyone at all. Alienating your only fanbase, ie 13 year old girls, by refusing to sign their stuff is a big no no in my opinion.

I must have been asleep, but when did Orlando do a con here or ever to be more precise :lol:

When did Orlando Bloom do a convention in the UK???????

I was under the impression he hadn't done one before.

Sure you didnt mean Premiere or something??

I havent read that any of the LOTR cast refuse to sign things to do with the franchise....

At the FF in August Karl Urban was only personalising but as none of the other 32 cast that had signed my poster had, he made an exception - to the dismay of his PA who said he had to personalise.....

ha ha ha :lol: