Favourite Halloween Movie

GoldenGreen

Which is your favourtie Halloween Movie ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourtie Halloween Movie ?

• Halloween
    • Halloween II
    • Halloween - Season of the Witch
    • Halloween 4 - The Return of Michael Myers
    • Halloween 5
    • Halloween 6 - The Curse of Michael Myers
    • Halloween H20
    • Halloween - Resurrection

The original is my all-time favourite .... 2 has some charm but is really only worth watching because Jamie Lee is Awesome .... that goes for H20 as well ..... plus H2O has a very cool opening title sequence.

4,5,6 ... well you have to give them credit for having signed Donald " the evil has gone" Pleasance to join in the fun but the plotline took a bit of an iffy turn.

3 .....no comment!!

And Jason ....as for friday 13th ... I'm not keen on a movie where the main bad guy has to get his mummy to do the killing!! :D

Hey Mattzo I love both Halloween and Friday 13th, I just said that I thought that Michael Myers was a more realistic character!

Michael is a man in a mask killing people (his purpose is to kill his whole family) whereas in the Jason films there has been times when he has taken his mask off and there has been this huge stupid looking monster face that really wasnt realistic at all!

By the way, Carl Weathers is the nuts! what a legend!

In all honesty, I think Michael Myers is pretty darn cool, but I have to insult him when I see Jason Voorhees being drudged through the dirt, and down right insulted, Micahel Myers is a pretty scary brudda, and his films ain't half bad, but I always get very defensive and catty when Jason Voorhees is even in the slightest bit getting flamed, I feel there is room for both Michael and Jason, I just find it sad how Michael fans don't seem to see it that way, maybe it's their foolish pride?? (Not meaning you here Balboa) but rather the huge majority of Michael marks on this site who have seen fit to criticise and dump on Jason, it's just pathetic really, it's not as though either of them are real, and I fully understand that some people are gonna prefer Michael and some are gonna prefer Jason, it's the way the world goes around.....

By the way, totally agree dude, Carl Weathers is a living legend, I still pinch myself to see if I am really gonna meet him, and to think he once said in Rocky IV that he doesn't see anyone asking for autographs (referring to Apollo Creed) Well I can safely assume he will have plenty of autographees at his table the day of the 6th and 7th..... ;)

At the end of the day matey I love both Halloween and Friday 13th, both films are fantastic and are pretty darn scary at times!

I agree with you about Jason being dragged though the dirt, that bit in part 6 at the beginning is fantastic.

I think part 6 is my favourite. I always jump at that bit at the beginning when (just after jason jams a spike through the car wheel and kills the man)

the woman is in the puddle and Jason jumps down right above her! that bit always makes me jump, even though I expect it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Halloween 1 is far superior to any of the others in the series. Ressurection was a joke that should be banned on the grounds of bad taste!!!!

p.s. I love Jason Voorhees. He is my favorite slasher movie icon, but in all fairness, Freddy vs. Jason was just as bad as Halloween Ressurection.

p.p.s the Halloween re-make is pretty damn good!!!!

Totally!!!!

• 1 year later...

im a big fan all all the slasher/killers or whatever u want to call them,they are all good in different ways,i do think that the original of most films is always the best because what your seeing is new and when u see a sequel of any film u dont have the same fear or antisipattion u did when u saw the first one,i love nightmare 1,first friday and halloween because they are the base of what the other films grow on,wes craven,john carpeneter and sean cunigham all had a vision of what there movies would be like and how the audience would react to them and thats what made them good because we hadnt seen anything like that before,they will always be classics in my eyes and what ever remake is made it wont touch the original.

• 1 month later...

im a big fan all all the slasher/killers or whatever u want to call them,they are all good in different ways,i do think that the original of most films is always the best because what your seeing is new and when u see a sequel of any film u dont have the same fear or antisipattion u did when u saw the first one,i love nightmare 1,first friday and halloween because they are the base of what the other films grow on,wes craven,john carpeneter and sean cunigham all had a vision of what there movies would be like and how the audience would react to them and thats what made them good because we hadnt seen anything like that before,they will always be classics in my eyes and what ever remake is made it wont touch the original.

Well Said :thumbup: