Does it make anyone else mad?!

Nell

Thats it!! I have reached the end of my teather!! Every f***ing time we start a thread asking for LOTR guests, someone comes into it and flames us. Well I for one have had enough of it. Its not often that I venture out of this section but everytime I do I always end up defending us or LOTR. What gives them the right to tell us that we have too many guests or that LOTR isn't popular anymore!? Do you think its ever gunna be possible for them to stop talking out of their arses?! :angry:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear hear. I agree. Other fandoms don't get this poo poo when they request guests, even if they're only asking for guests from one particular thing.

It doesn't bother me that people are saying LOTR isn't popular any more, cos even if that wasn't a pile of poop, it'd mean less queuing!!! And what about guests from the old trekkie series and stuff. They're not exactly in the limelight any more, but they still come to events and no one moans :angry:

Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have said that :angry:

I know it's not all of them, and no one has actually said that, but sometimes it seems like they don't see us as proper film fans...like as if once the 'craze' is over we'll just move on to the next big thing

:lol:

LotR is the most popular film ever made they will always have fans and there are so many guests we could have attend due to the large cast and crew

i cannot see why people have to argue this point

That is so true, but there are a lot of people who just don't see it

no I know what you mean kilty and i agree. for me this isnt just some faze. Ive been hooked on lotr since i saw the first film and i will always ask for lotr guests for as long as there is a collectormania. :angry:

LotR is the most popular film ever made they will always have fans and there are so many guests we could have attend due to the large cast and crew

i detest the alien films but im not moaning about that

And I've never even seen a single episode of Stargate!

Some people can't accept that other peeps have different tastes to them

exactly people need to see other people have other tastes

Exactly but they just won't do that. It's like I said, people think that their opinions are more important than everyone elses :angry:

Exactly but they just won't do that. It's like I said, people think that their opinions are more important than everyone elses :angry:

Or just think that their opinion is not opinion, but fact.

Thats it!! I have reached the end of my teather!! Every f***ing time we start a thread asking for LOTR guests, someone comes into it and flames us. Well I for one have had enough of it. Its not often that I venture out of this section but everytime I do I always end up defending us or LOTR. What gives them the right to tell us that we have too many guests or that LOTR isn't popular anymore!? Do you think its ever gunna be possible for them to stop talking out of their arses?! :angry:

Well I wanted to rant and rave too!!!...Because I've had enough

of it and now I'm getting really....P****D OFF!!!...... ;)

But you've just about said practically everything that I wanted

to say, and I didn't want to repeat it all here again!!!....

Another thing I've noticed is that it's nearly always the same few

names who do most of the moaning!!!....It's as if it doesn't matter

what you post!!...mention LOTR's and out of the woodwork they come

like a Red Rag to a Bull!!!.....and No!.. they'll never stop talking out of

their arses!!...because nothing but S**T comes out of it!!!!

And *NOTHING!!* gives them the right to try and tell us Who??.. and What??..

we should like???...

So I'm with you all the way Ladies!!!....Way to go!!!... :blink::lol:

Well I wanted to rant and rave too!!!...Because I've had enough

of it and now I'm getting really....P****D OFF!!!...... ;)

But you've just about said practically everything that I wanted

to say, and I didn't want to repeat it all here again!!!....

Another thing I've noticed is that it's nearly always the same few

names who do most of the moaning!!!....It's as if it doesn't matter

what you post!!...mention LOTR's and out of the woodwork they come

like a Red Rag to a Bull!!!.....and No!.. they'll never stop talking out of

their arses!!...because nothing but S**T comes out of it!!!!

And *NOTHING!!* gives them the right to try and tell us Who??.. and What??..

we should like???...

So I'm with you all the way Ladies!!!....Way to go!!!... :lol::blush:

Right on sista!!! :blink:

Well said people. Think back to the time when JRD mentioned something about us LOTR freaks being very clever, because he reckoned we had to be pretty damned bright in order to read the books. Well I don't think you have to be too bright to understand the Trekkie/Star Wars/Buffy etc. stuff - so there we have it guys - they are simply jealous!!!!!!

But seriously guys, who cares, we like what we like and perhaps other people should simply mind theirs. :lol:

• Moderators
Well said people. Think back to the time when JRD mentioned something about us LOTR freaks being very clever, because he reckoned we had to be pretty damned bright in order to read the books. Well I don't think you have to be too bright to understand the Trekkie/Star Wars/Buffy etc. stuff - so there we have it guys - they are simply jealous!!!!!!

But seriously guys, who cares, we like what we like and perhaps other people should simply mind theirs. :rolleyes:

:P Now, I understand that people get annoyed .. I hate the "we" thing to be honest, the LOTR fans have always been pretty segregated (as shown by u having ur own awards etc) .. but then the General Chat section probably is too, which is kinda annoying. I'd prefer everyone to be able to get along etc, but when some people ONLY like LOTR then it's pretty hard I think. I honestly think shows like Collectormania and LFACC are more suited to a fan with a wide taste? There are *conventions* which tend to focus solely on ONE fandom i.e. Buffy, Angel, Stargate, LOTR etc ... while these "shows" bring so many different fans together, which I think is great! But when u see people saying "oh I'm not coming if they don't announce *enter specific fandom* guests" then it's a shame! Perhaps that's part of the problem, the whole isolation thing, I'm not sure.

As for saying other people are jealous or that you are more smart .. come on, I don't think comments like that will really help anyone ^_^ .. I don't think ANYONE should get shouted at for liking a certain thing, and it's annoying, we all have different tastes, we should just live with it. I know it's not just fan girls etc, of course it isn't! I'm friends with many ppl on here who like LOTR and they're all great ^_^. I did mention a "craze" period ... I didn't mean that in a way that says LOTR IS just a craze, I just meant that I personally thought we'd gone through the "busiest" or crazy period as such (C4, stuff like that?). Of course ur not gonna stop liking LOTR just cuz the films aren't being released or whatever! I'm sure ur all *just* as loyal as any Star Wars or Star Trek fan etc. I do think you've .. how do I put it .. had your time? As in you've had the period where you get the most guests n stuff like that! But that's not to say the popularity will die down or whatever, that's definitely not what I mean B)

Everyone should just be nice ;)

Okay i agree with u all here it does really f**k me off when people try to enforce their opinions on us we have as much right as them to have guests for LOTR as they do Alien or Stargate or Trek i am a fan of all these but LOTR is my first love and will choose it over anything and have been a fan for yrs. As for the fact that the 'fad' has past is a load of bull shi!e i am beena Tolkin fan for yrs waaaayyy before the films even came out the films just made me love it even more. I agree people shud just get out of their arses and shut the fu*k up! But carrying on beggining for them guys we WILL prove them wrong. LOTR is here to stay.

Okay i have finished now had to get it out was getting v stressed :wub:

ok, first of all i'm a big lotr fan but i'm also a star trek and a star wars fan.

yes it is possible for someone to love all three of them :)

second of all, there are two sides at a coin and it isn't that black and white.

even i get tired sometimes for the same requests over and over and over again for billy, elijah etc.... it's not the (many times) asking that bothers me it's the many topics about the same stuff that's really annoying. there is really no need to get 10 'we want elijah' topics. trust me, SM know he's popular and will try to bring him back sometime.

i want to see dom, elijah, sean etc... etc... as well but sometimes it really is getting annoying.

BUT

i do not agree that people 'attack' lotr fans (as i am one as well) for asking the guests they want by saying lotr is history or lotr is crap and whatever they say in a rude manner.

people should think first and put him/herself in other peoples shoes for once.

I agree that SOME people are narrow minded when it comes to LOTR.

There are some fans of things like SW and ST that think the whole LOTR thing is a passing phaze.

Well they are wrong.

LOTR was WRITTEN well over 50 years ago, it has been around for a long time. It is one of my fave. books - I read it every year and the fact that it has been made into films only makes me love it even more.

Now before anyone starts to attack me, I also have a thing for Harry Potter and Buffy (the shows not the people :lol: ) but LOTR guests will forever be the main attraction for me at CM.

So from now on I intend to annoy those narrow minded people all the more.

I will ask for Lij, Dom, Billy, Sean etc forever, and I will tell you why:

THEY LOVE THEIR FANS

So in conclusion:

Lij, Billy, Dom, Sean and anyone remotely connected with LOTR for C7 please

and YES I will even get an auto. from whoever made the tea

Edited by nyhobbit79

even i get tired sometimes for the same requests over and over and over again for billy, elijah etc.... it's not the (many times) asking that bothers me it's the many topics about the same stuff that's really annoying. there is really no need to get 10 'we want elijah' topics. trust me, SM know he's popular and will try to bring him back sometime.

i want to see dom, elijah, sean etc... etc... as well but sometimes it really is getting annoying.

But people beg for these people cos they want them and want to get their opinions across or is that not allowed now :lol: