• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Robert Downey Jr.

Ed Norton

and er, Dolph Lundgren :headscratch:

Sorry but Dolph is too old to play Thor and doesnt have the acting chops. I cant imagine Marvel wanting to go ahead with a big blockbuster like that with a B list actor. Daniel Craig was asked but he turned it down.

Edited by nicky

He's the right age for the part and given the right material he'd be just as good as Downey Jr and Norton. He'd definitely be better than Norton! From looking at the comics Dolph is the only person who would suit the part really well.

Also have you seen him lately? He's in great shape!

From looking at the comics Dolph is the only person who would suit the part really well.

Also have you seen him lately? He's in great shape!

Yeah I know but I think there's more to an actor's portrayl of a charcter than simply looking like him and the fact that he is Scandinavian. I thought Daniel Craig was a good choice, he looks like Donald Blake (who becomes Thor) and he's in good shape too, can act and has credibility.

I just cant see Kenneth Brannagh of all people (a Shakespearean) wanting to direct Dolph in the part (who is too old at 51), Dolph hasnt even had a big cinema hit since 1992, he's B list at best, you'd just as well cast a wrestler IMO. I think having Dolph in the part would severly dumb down the movie and even be straight to video, I think it would scare off some cinema goers too. You could only have him as Thor if you were going for a cheap dumb movie like his version of The Punisher (1989)

You have to take into consideration also that Thor will be in The Avengers movie with Iron Man, Hulk, Capt America and Nick Fury - Dolph is not of the same star (Oscar nommed) calibre or talent as Downey Jr, Norton or Samuel L. Jackson and would be "dwarfed" by them all. That's just my take.

Edited by nicky

watched He-man last night, the live-action film, was pretty cool, I was expecting somethin bad cause of the sliding to earth thing. I think Meg Foster would be a good guest too, and of course James Tolkan.

Too bad Billy Barty isnt with us anymore...