~the nostalgia room~

turreima

this is the place to relive your childhood, or remember days gone by. i was inspired by the pictures of the new magic roundabout film, which i've just learnt is definitely going to bew completely CG, and not animated like it was at all. it makes me sad. then i started thinking about all the other shows i used to love as a wee one, such as stop it and tidy up, henry's cat, count duckula, and films such as flight of dragons, labyrinth, legend, etc etc. so, i guess this is a place to talk about and remember/praise the stuff that helped mould you :)

I still want Thundercats on DVD :rolleyes:

Me too, I used to love it. Me and my nextdoor neighbour used to play thundercats in the garden with wepons made of stickle bricks!!!

Turtles was good too, we used to play that at school in the playground and I was always Master Splinter!!

I wan't to get Jimbo on DVD!!! That was just the best!!!!

I loved Timmy Mallet's show. I used to play that game with my friends! The one where you smash someone on the head when they repeated something or couldn't think of an answer.

Films that rocked - You've already said 2 of the best (Legend and Labyrinth), I also loved The Goonies (like everyone else!), Flight of the Navigator, Ferris Bueller (that's a given), The Princess Bride. And when I was about 8 my cousin let me watch The Lost Boys hehe.

Super Ted. Rude Dog and the Dweebs. Top Cat. Thundercats. Round the Twist. Pugwall. Alvin and the Chipmucks (Alvin, Simon.....Theodore! Do do do do do....).

And the ultimate kid show! Five Children and It!

I have to say though. My youth wouldn't have been the same without.....Lego.

I have to say though. My youth wouldn't have been the same without.....Lego

Oh my god! I loved my lego! Especially my police helicopter that I still have (I simply refuse to get rid of it!!)

One of the greates films has to be Biggles adventures in Time! It was fantastic and of course the legendary Top Gun!!

oh wow. memories! memories! memories!

MASK, Ulysses 31, Dogtanian (the Muskehounds?), Monkey, ALF, Bananaman, Bravestarr, WWF Wrestling (Bushwhackers & Hacksaw Jim Duggan era ;)), Dangermouse, Transformers, Real Ghostbusters... and that's the best I can do at the mo.

Films like Teen Wolf, Return of the Jedi, Back to the Future, American Werewolf, The Goonies, DIE HARD!

...I wish I had a time-machine to go back to the 80's. :P

Anyone use to watch Timmy Mallet when they were little ???? Or was I the only sad child ?

Ren

xxx

i met him! and i got to hit him over the head with mallet's mallet. i was well chuffed ^_^

i used to take superted vitamins... the red ones, naturally (it being my favourite colour). i need to get so much stuff on dvd, like dogtanian, and thundercats, and ladyhawke! i need that film on dvd. ferris bueller rocks my world! SAVE FERRIS

THUNDER CATS! YESSSS

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Any one remeber

Jason and the Wheeled Warriors

Pole Possition

MASK

Trap Door

Knightmare

Parsley and the Herbs

Super Mario Super Show (Do the Mario!)

Captain Nintendo

the ultimate kids film

Short Circuit! Johnny 5 is alive! ^_^

Ok guys im gonna let you into a little secret here.

When I was at junior school (early 90's) our class was on Timmy Mallet's show Around the World in 80 seconds. I didn't actually get to take part in the games, but Wolf from the Gladiators shoved a cream pie in my face because I told him a joke that wasnt very funny!

I still have that episode on tape somewhere, I'm well glad I managed to be on TV on that particular show, that was a classic!

OMG!!!

Teddy Ruxpin

Thundercats

Bertha

He-man

Roland Rat

Trap-door

Puddle Lane

Gummy Bears

Super Ted

Knightmare

Willo the Wisp

Dangermouse

The Flumps

Bananaman

Count Duckula

I loved them all! :unsure:

OMG and you know what! Most of them are games on the spectrum too :lol::blink:

I didn't actually get to take part in the games, but Wolf from the Gladiators shoved a cream pie in my face because I told him a joke that wasnt very funny!

you were doused in the cream of a God!

:lol:

Might just be my dirty mind but that sounded totally wrong :blink::unsure:

OMG!!!

Teddy Ruxpin

Thundercats

Bertha

He-man

Roland Rat

Trap-door

Puddle Lane

Gummy Bears

Super Ted

Knightmare

Willo the Wisp

Dangermouse

The Flumps

Bananaman

Count Duckula

I loved them all! :lol:

Teddy! Good call.

I loved Knightmare, it was brilliant. Kids today have the worst shows. The 80's ruled.

Roland Rat! I do an impression of him! But then he is pretty easy to do!