For Showmasters VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Unfortunately this is always a problem. At the various events I've attended you will *always* get people trying to sneak a peek or have a quick chat or disturb guests, which I think is downright rude when others have patiently waited their turn for their 5 mins.

I think with the set up Collectormania have the only thing to do is really have a longer screen in the way and perhaps where people are queuing to meet the guest, have someone there only allowing one at a time (or family at a time) get close and have the remainder near a barrier so that the only people near the guest will be those that are actually getting their stuff signed. rather than having a few queue directly behind.

The PA's/Guest Liaisons should also know when to butt in politely of course and move the attendee on.

Just my thoughts and opinions :)

Okay thanks for all your views and opinions they have been very useful and now I dont feel so alone in this problem. Thanks for the pics that have been posted in here to highlight the problem and im sure Showmasters will take on Board what we have all said. Hopefully this time around things will be better I have every faith in SM to do all they can to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone who will be attending C4. Still if you have any other views or suggestions just post them I mean hopefully SM will read this thread if they haven't already and maybe post some reassurance that thay are looking into this problem for us all.

LilElfGirlxx

while i was queueing for billy (more so than andy because andy was further away from the crowd) i kept noticing shouty people, but as soon as i was up there with billy i didnt notice anything but Billy

lol it must b love

damn now ive got that annoying song in my head

I thought most of the people at the side were pretty well behaved and Billy seemeed totally focused on the people he was interacting with, not distracted at all. Which I thought was really impressive, he was always absolutely focused on the person he was signing for from what I saw. I personally would be very disappointed if the guests were completely cut off from view of people not at the front of the queue, it's a lot of time to spend and money to pay for only 1-2 minutes of being able to see the person you came to see and I was hoping to be able to do some more life sketching of the guests as I was able to last time. Something that requires a good long time and a decent eye line.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. We do realise that we are going to have to plan the layout and security of some of the guest booths very carefully, and we will be dicussing logistics later this week.

So if you have any more suggestions or comments please feel free to post them here, we will take note of them and will hopefully be able to make your Collectormania experience even more enjoyable and less hassle-free this October!

Andrea

Showmasters

yeah i agree with that. I was standing around for about half an hor or sumin watchin billy n takin photos but i sat on the thing to the side cos its obvious ur gona get in someones picture if u stand rite next to them! This girl called him over when i was watching him and he got up and went over to her and talked to her n gave her a hug n stuff. I probably didnt get to spend as much time as her with billy and i waited in line!Argg. They shouldnt be cut off from view but people shouldnt be able to walk rite up from the side like that.

Hi,

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. We do realise that we are going to have to plan the layout and security of some of the guest booths very carefully, and we will be dicussing logistics later this week.

So if you have any more suggestions or comments please feel free to post them here, we will take note of them and will hopefully be able to make your Collectormania experience even more enjoyable and less hassle-free this October!

Andrea

Showmasters

This is Fantastic news thank you so much for responding so quickly. I have every faith that our interactions with the guests will be great now that advance planning is taking place. It goes without saying that you Showmasters ROCK.

Thanks

LilElfGirlxx

That's a terrible thing to happen Cora, and this is something that needs to be prevented. I was lucky enough not to have interruptions, but maybe it's no coincidence that the guest I felt most self-conscious around was the one that had hoards of people gawping when I was trying to mumble to him.

I remember a much longer wall being in place when I met Paul McGann, for which I am grateful, as I don't I would've had half as much fun if I had been hearing the screams for Tom Felton in my ear!

It IS a little disgruntling to have people just popping up when you have paid and queued. With Elijah et al this time, there has to be a better, walled off area. I say, if you're so desperate to see these guys, do what I do - get up early and queue! Not that difficult! :)

Funily enough I didn't have problems while I was talking to Billy but I did have to fight my wat out afterwards and that felt a bit funny.

In all fairness a barrier and security was put up later on one of the days to try and keep the gawpers bck a bit and to stop people peeping around the corner.

I would also like to say a big thanks you to showmasters, I knew that you would be working hard to make this an enjoyable time for both guest and fans. Like many have said before me you Rock. :firedevil:

and I would also like the tell Tish Tosh that I love your little pic by the side of your post's, and why you may ask? well cause i'm on it :firedevil:

Cora

I say, if you're so desperate to see these guys, do what I do - get up early and queue! Not that difficult! :)

It does help if you're there early, doesn't it? I was there around 8am and it didn't get busy until around10.15am ish. So you can be at the front of the queue if you get up early. :D

you are all so right it is not that hard to get up early thats what I intend to do get there early go get all my tickets have breakfast and WAIT MY TURN I dont have to be first in line but I do wanna have a great time soaking up the atmosphere it gonna be electric and still with even more GREAT guests to come Woo Hoo.

LilElfGirlxx

I would also like to say a big thanks you to showmasters, I knew that you would be working hard to make this an enjoyable time for both guest and fans.  Like many have said before me you Rock. :D

and I would also like the tell Tish Tosh that I love your little pic by the side of your post's, and why you may ask? well cause i'm on it :unsure:

Cora

Lol i thought that might be the reason! lol ur head popping through! he hee..

I was just wondering..How do they do things at comic con cos thats like one of the biggest conventions and they had some of these people and i didnt hear of any problems there? Just wondering...Could I just ask the people at showmasters not to rush me so so much this time as it made me feel too shy and intimidated to speak 2 billy which is strange for me as i spoke 2 all the others like i was having a chat with a mate! lol..

I think people should be able to see from the side as i am taking my video camera to the next one :unsure: but while ur waiting in the queue u should be further away from them and there should be like some kind of gap so u can quickly walk around the table and stand next to the guest so the dont have to walk around and get ur pic done with people in the background makin faces n stuff so u would just have the screen behind u, i think that would be better..I hpe im making sense..I know what im talking about!

I think it's terrible when some people are so selfish and pushy that they spoil those people's fun, who have been patiently waiting their turn, and yes, I agree, that might be a problem with the likes of Elijah and Dom as guests. Might it be an idea to have a sign up just gently reminding people how to behave (i.e. not jump the queue, don't distract the guest stars etc). It may be stating the obvious but by the sounds of it, there seem to be those who don't see that. I think it would spoil the feel of C4, if things were approached in a too heavy-handed way, but maybe just a slight nudge in the right direction will go some way. It may embarress people into putting on their best (or better) behaviour.

LOL

i dont think the barrier should cover the whole guest.. because people just randomly passing through the centre, and who didnt know it was on, they wont have been able to get there early. and they might want a photo. also, like people say, when the tickets for the queues run out, what are you supposed to do? just go home? i think they should be allowed to stand at the sides, but from a distance.