CM6- GREAT GUESTS : LFACC2 .....?

I don't know if anybody has noticed a slight imbalance in the guests between CM6 and LFACC2 ?

The guests at the CMs have always been of a good mix and fairly high standard , but , compared to the 1st LFACC , where we had big Star Trek cast members ( Brent Spiner , LeVar Burton ) , and very big LOTR guests ( John Rhys Davies , Andy Serkis , Billy Boyd etc) , this one looks to have a lot of " OK guest stars " so far .

I know it is early doors yet , but , apart from RON PERLMAN and CARL WEATHERS , I don't think I have even heard of any of the others . :unsure:

I wouldn't trouble yourself with LFACC2 just yet....Showmasters have time on their side for that show.

As an aside, this may seem obvious but 'guest quality' really does depend on people's individual perceptions and interests. As far as C6 is concerned I have no interest whatsoever in Buffy or Angel so the major Buffy people announced for C6 are don't bother me but Gary Kurtz and a few others do....I'm particularly pleased that SM are getting SFX people like Gillis and Wodruff to appear.

That's Showmaster's skill/difficulty in getting people, even if its only one person, of a certain calibre that you are prepared to travel to meet.

• Showmasters Admin
I wouldn't trouble yourself with LFACC2 just yet....Showmasters have time on their side for that show.

As an aside, this may seem obvious but 'guest quality' really does depend on people's individual perceptions and interests. As far as C6 is concerned I have no interest whatsoever in Buffy or Angel so the major Buffy people announced for C6 are don't bother me but Gary Kurtz and a few others do....I'm particularly pleased that SM are getting SFX people like Gillis and Wodruff to appear.

That's Showmaster's skill/difficulty in getting people, even if its only one person, of a certain calibre that you are prepared to travel to meet.

I can't really add much to this! Very well put and concise!!!!!!!!!

Except to say :

CM6 - 2 months away

LFACC2 - 3 months away!!!!!!!!!!! ( Don't worry )!!! :D

Mark :D

I am not too worried yet , and I will still be there as I think SM do a fantastic job with their shows , and I know that there will be people who I want to meet there .

My point was more that the first LFACC show was so good that maybe they are concentrating more on CM6 this time .

That the LFACC2 is 3 months away is no problem , and I also know that what is a good guest to one is a really bad guest to another , just like what is a good film to one is a bad one to another . Would you believe that while most of the male population of the UK love the Rocky films ( and the Rambo ones ) , I absolutely can't stand them ? So while I know that Carl Weathers played Apollo Creed , I will more likely meet him because he was in Predator , and etc :D

Well I do agree the standard of C6 guests in amazing and LFCC has yet to announce anyone Im excited about, but theres still plenty of time and I trust Showmasters will come through for us.

They havn't had a bad event yet :lol:

Take it easy :lol:

I have complete trust that SM will continue to confirm get guests for LFCC as well as C6.

Im V happy bout the Buffy guests and Royd Tolkien.

LFCC2 is a while off, I have know doubt it will be a great event and have some wicked guests :blink:

CHILL :lol:

How come anyone who doesn't suck up to the organisers is treated as negative? Your all like mindless nobodies who will clap and applaud even if the organizers announced that the star guest was a used tissue. Why cant people have the right to be displeased with a line up? Get a life.

• Moderators

I think, personally the difference between "The Reaper" and many people on here is that we accept that we're not gonna be pleased all the time - that there are many different fandoms out there that will be catered for and it will not necessarily be our ones that we're interested in. Like LOTR, I don't like that too much but I can understand why it's been so popular lately ... I recognise that Showmasters did a great job in getting Elijah etc, and the calibre of guests has been high, even if I may not be personally interested ... therefore I don't go round with a negative attitude and saying everything is crap. Why don't I say it's crap? Well, basically because it's not! React to things in a more positive manner, suggest the guests u want and just be patient because we all do - Collectormania, or any other show for that matter, is not made specifically for one fan, so it's not gonna have 30 guests who u like. U may not be happy with the line up, but it doesn't mean u shud belittle the efforts of people who work extremely hard to bring us the guests that they do, and to show respect doesn't cost a thing. Sure I understand how u want guests that u wanna see, we ALL do, but if this forum was filled with hundreds of people saying YOU'RE CRAP then the organisers would not want to do the shows anymore. There's just no need for the kinda comments that u make around here, and I'm NOT sucking up to the organisers, that's just my opinion and one that's shared by many people I know.

Agreed, Steviefull.....whatever will be will be...you just can't please everyone!! The feeling that Showmasters in some way 'owe' people certain guests is just going to fall on deaf ears...if Showmasters think guest X will be a big draw and if it is POSSIBLE to book them then they'll do it, simple.

Do people actually read these threads before responding ? I don't think so!

Showmasters replied pretty early on in the thread and have said elsewhere they are concentrating on C6 as it is up first, which is fair enough.

If you are going to judge them on the LFCC2 line up then wait until they have announced all the guests at least. It seems pointless slagging them off for the line-up when they have loads of guests to announce still.

They have delivered before and still have almost three more months to deliver for LFCC2.

Do people actually read these threads before responding ? I don't think so!

Showmasters replied pretty early on in the thread and have said elsewhere they are concentrating on C6 as it is up first, which is fair enough.

If you are going to judge them on the LFCC2 line up then wait until they have announced all the guests at least. It seems pointless slagging them off for the line-up when they have loads of guests to announce still.

They have delivered before and still have almost three more months to deliver for LFCC2.

Like you just said , " Do people actually read these threads or what ? " .

On this entire thread , which I just posed as a question , mainly based on my lack of knowledge ( not dislike ) of the guests so far , there has really only been one person who was negative about things ( the reaper ) , and he was mainly being negative about the way that he thought that people weren't allowed to their own opinions if it meant calling SM .

Like I have said all along , I will be at the show because I know there will be people I will want to meet , to me the question was mainly because , while this show is called the London Film And Comic Con , there seemed to be quite a few people who were more famous , and more invited perhaps as well , for being characters in TV programmes ( for example 3 Star Trek girls and the man from the Alien Nation TV series ) .

I will never call any guests because I know that what to me is a great guest is not to everybody , and vice versa .

Some people are so chuffed that Carl Weathers and Ron Perlman are there that they will be definitely going already , and good for them . I personally will meet Ron Perlman because I remember him from Beauty And The Beast , and I loved him in Blade , and now he is Hellboy - which I already have on DVD and which I think is excellent .

As of yet he is the only guest that I am interested in , but I KNOW there will be more .

It is not negative to have your own favourites , just obvious ( which is what most people on this thread have said all along .

Edited by jesterrace

yet

Your just turning into Dufresne! :angry:

Probably his long lost twin brother :huh:

Well it wouldnt surprise me :D

oi ! I heard that ! :blink:

And David, given that you seem to spend your LIFE in here (44,000 posts for god's sake !!) you MUST have noticed the great mant posts I have made praising C6 to the highest heavens. TNGx3 ! A Team x2, Mini-Me, Flash Gordon, Lois Lane and Jaws ? So much for your live and let live recitation !