Guest Cancellation - James Marsters

DavidB

• Moderators

Unfortunately James has been told not to fly for a couple of days due to a head injury, and so has had to cancel his appearance at The Hub 3.

However, he WILL still be at Hallowhedon.

This has now been confirmed with Too Tall at the event and is official, so no one needs to worry about unconfirmed sources etc.

I do not know about schedule changes etc, I just wanted to check for everyone that this was actually true. I hope everyone still has a great weekend :uhoh:

Echoing what I've said elsewhere on the forum, it's very sad news indeed that James has had to cancel. It can't be helped though and I'd like to thank Showmasters and Massive Events for trying to get him to the event in the first place. Hopefully him and John will be able to attend The Hub 4 and you know what they say; every cloud has a silver lining. I'm hoping that silver lining will be Katy Wix doing photoshoots. I'd like to wish James a speedy recovery and hope he gets better soon. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Echoing what I've said elsewhere on the forum, it's very sad news indeed that James has had to cancel. It can't be helped though and I'd like to thank Showmasters and Massive Events for trying to get him to the event in the first place. Hopefully him and John will be able to attend The Hub 4 and you know what they say; every cloud has a silver lining. I'm hoping that silver lining will be Katy Wix doing photoshoots. I'd like to wish James a speedy recovery and hope he gets better soon. :D

Sorry, Katy Wix not doing photoshoots.

Aww ok, is the schedule not going to change then as there's now more time for other people to do photoshoots? It's fine if it doesn't change, was just a suggestion as I know a lot of people would have loved a photoshoot with Katy. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Echoing what I've said elsewhere on the forum, it's very sad news indeed that James has had to cancel. It can't be helped though and I'd like to thank Showmasters and Massive Events for trying to get him to the event in the first place. Hopefully him and John will be able to attend The Hub 4 and you know what they say; every cloud has a silver lining. I'm hoping that silver lining will be Katy Wix doing photoshoots. I'd like to wish James a speedy recovery and hope he gets better soon. :P

How are you able to get a photo with her then?

Echoing what I've said elsewhere on the forum, it's very sad news indeed that James has had to cancel. It can't be helped though and I'd like to thank Showmasters and Massive Events for trying to get him to the event in the first place. Hopefully him and John will be able to attend The Hub 4 and you know what they say; every cloud has a silver lining. I'm hoping that silver lining will be Katy Wix doing photoshoots. I'd like to wish James a speedy recovery and hope he gets better soon. :smile:

I had a feeling J.M Would not attend :'(

Unless the schedule is changed now due to James not attending there won't be a chance for a photo with Katy. At the weekend shows you can't normally get a photo with a guest when the guest is not doing a photo shoot. Some attendees will ask if they meet the guest around the hotel or at a party, but this is generally being discouraged.

Unless the schedule is changed now due to James not attending there won't be a chance for a photo with Katy. At the weekend shows you can't normally get a photo with a guest when the guest is not doing a photo shoot. Some attendees will ask if they meet the guest around the hotel or at a party, but this is generally being discouraged.

It's a shame really as I and others would have loved a photo with Katy but I can understand if nothing else happens to the schedule as it's very late and would be quite complicated. I'm just really happy that Rik is doing them anyway and to top it of, thats the first thing I do tomorrow. I have my photoshoot with Rik first, that's quite strange considering I was one of the ones who kept requesting photos with him all of the time lol. It's going to be a great weekend, I can't wait. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

The crew is very good at pulling stuff out of their sleeves last minute, so don't give up hope yet. :P

Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on as I am not at the venue, but if anything can be worked in the schedule now SM/ME will do their best to make it happen.

Yeah, definitely. They must have been just as gutted as we were when they found out that James couldn't make it but I'm sure they'll have some extra surpises at the event and parties. For The Hub 4 (which Too Tall thinks is 100% going to happen), I hope we can get James as a guest as well as John and Eve. I've got my fingers crossed for Katy Wix photoshoots by the way but don't worry, I know there's a chance that we won't get them. :P:smile:

Edited by Doctor Who

Aww ok, is the schedule not going to change then as there's now more time for other people to do photoshoots? It's fine if it doesn't change, was just a suggestion as I know a lot of people would have loved a photoshoot with Katy. :WAVE:

I dont mean to sound rude but surely if you ask the guest to have a photo with you on your own camera that should be no problem. :D

I dont mean to sound rude but surely if you ask the guest to have a photo with you on your own camera that should be no problem.:firedevil:

If one person does it... maybe. But if one person does usually it the floodgates open and others will ask.

As far as I remember it's actually written down as a request in the programme booklet that attendees should not ask for photos.

If the guests get crowded by fans asking for photos they might leave the parties or not show up in public areas. It's completely up to everyone's personal opinion if a photo is worth this. For me it is not worth it. The guests don't have to show up at the parties or hang out somewhere to chat with us. So if they do it should be enjoyable for them.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Gutted for everyone only attending this but don't worry folks, James seems to enjoy SM/ME shindigs so there will be another chance.

On that note and please don't lynch me but seeing as John had to cancel then got added to Collectormania any chance James might be able to manage the same? Obv on the grounds of a full recovery. Never any harm in asking is all.....

:huh:

I dont mean to sound rude but surely if you ask the guest to have a photo with you on your own camera that should be no problem.:firedevil:

If one person does it... maybe. But if one person does usually it the floodgates open and others will ask.

As far as I remember it's actually written down as a request in the programme booklet that attendees should not ask for photos.

It's point 6 on the back of the registration letter/ticket - don't ask the guests for photos, don't crowd them, so yes it is written on the info :D

Jason said on stage today that he will try and get both James Marsters and John Barrowman again. I'm presuming he meant for a future Hub so that's great news. It was unfortunate that James couldn't make it but it didn't ruin the weekend and Kai's appearance really did cheer everyone up. It was a brilliant weekend, thanks so much everyone. :PB)

Edited by Doctor Who

I overheard someone mention on Friday night before the opening ceremony (and before I had seen the notices posted around the venue) that James wasn't going to be there. I was disappointed but seeing Kai again made me happy and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

xxx