Schedule of Events: Chevron 7.2

Too Tall

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says.

I'll put my hands up. Too many shows and I got mixed up and thought this show had 150 gold like Twilight and the Hub 2, and it doesn't, it has 100. So I've had to do a bit of rejigging.

In the mean time.

For those that asked, Guest Encounters are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/buscuit) with around 20 attendees and a guest.

These are auctioned off at the event.

Thanks for the info! I hope you don't have too much rejuggling to do! The schedule you had looked great! Poor you :thumbup:

As the title says.

I'll put my hands up. Too many shows and I got mixed up and thought this show had 150 gold like Twilight and the Hub 2, and it doesn't, it has 100. So I've had to do a bit of rejigging.

In the mean time.

For those that asked, Guest Encounters are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/buscuit) with around 20 attendees and a guest.

These are auctioned off at the event.

How does the auction work so that 20 people can all win - is each one auctioned one after the other??

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks for the info! I hope you don't have too much rejuggling to do! The schedule you had looked great! Poor you :thumbup:

It wasn't too bad as I number the groups and so once I'd renumbered them most of the schedule was still fine, it only needed a small rejig in places to make sure people weren't in autograph and photo shoots at the same time.

How does the auction work so that 20 people can all win - is each one auctioned one after the other??

Sheets are put up on the walls. One for each guest experience.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their highest amount on the sheet. At a specific time, say 1pm, the sheets come down and the top 20 bids win. But everyone pays the price the 20th winner bid.

So let's say 30 people bid and once sorted they look like this...

£200, £35, £33, £33, £31, £27, £26, £26, £25, £24, £22, £22, £20, £20, £20, £18, £18, £17, £17, £15, £10, £10, £10, £9, £7, £7, £5, £5, £5, £5.

As the 20th highest bid is £15, all those people with a bid higher than £15 win, but only pay £15. Even the crazy person that bid £200.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

For the guest encounters - will we need to pay cash or is credit card fine?

It is possible to pay by card. Just please let us know at the reg desk as soon as you see you've won (not before ;) ). As we usually take cash at the door of the GE, but if you need to it'll be no issue you paying by card at the reg desk in advance.

For the guest encounters - will we need to pay cash or is credit card fine?

It is possible to pay by card. Just please let us know at the reg desk as soon as you see you've won (not before ;) ). As we usually take cash at the door of the GE, but if you need to it'll be no issue you paying by card at the reg desk in advance.

Thanks - I'm coming in from overseas, so carrying extra currency isn't always convenient!

sorry I have dumb Qs and even though I won't be able to bid, I wanted to check out the answers incase people ask me at the con B)

so it doesn't work that say 30 people bid and the 20 top highest bidders win and everyone pays the least amount bid? it's just the first 20 people that bid?

it's awesome that the guests are both doing 2 guest encouters, bless Joe's are both on Sunday hehe! :D

so that means there will be a sheet each day?

surfy sah xx :blush:

so it doesn't work that say 30 people bid and the 20 top highest bidders win and everyone pays the least amount bid? it's just the first 20 people that bid?

No, it's the 20 people that bid highest.

Let's say of your 30 people 5 bid 50 pounds, 10 others bid 30 pounds, 5 others bid 20 and 10 more bid 10.

The 5 who bid 50, the 10 who bid 30 and the 5 that bid 20 get to go, and all pay 20 each.

The 10 that went for 10 pounds would get cut off. Doesn't matter if the 5 50 pounds person bid 2 minutes before end and the 10 pound bids have been there for 30 minutes.

The only case where it would matter is when part of a group of people who bid the same amount get to go. Like when there's 5 spots left, but ten people who bid the same amount. I'd think then the earlier bids would get preference.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

No, it's the 20 people that bid highest. It doesn't matter when they bid, the amount counts.

Let's say of your 30 people 5 bid 50 pounds, 10 others bid 30 pounds, 5 others bid 20 and 10 more bid 10.

The 5 who bid 50, the 10 who bid 30 and the 5 that bid 20 get to go, and all pay 20 each.

The 10 that went for 10 pounds would get cut off. Doesn't matter if the 5 50 pounds person bid 2 minutes before end and the 10 pound bids have been there for 30 minutes.

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not... but is the amount you bid on the sheet viewable by everyone who bids after you?

I am really impressed with how organized the schedule is! :blush: It was a little confusing at first, but I think I've got it. Looks like the Gold pass people are going to be kept hopping.

A couple questions:

1. Since Joe is doing a Sunday photo shoot labeled 'anyone else', can those with an extra photo ticket get their second one done then, or is that frowned upon? Would be nice to get them on separate days.

2. Guest Encounter: Once you've bid, can you go back and bid again, if it looks like you won't make it into the top 20? Will it be clear when the sheets are coming down, and will they all be put up on Saturday, even for the Sunday encounters?

:D I'm getting so excited for this!!!

• Showmasters Admin

I am really impressed with how organized the schedule is! :D It was a little confusing at first, but I think I've got it. Looks like the Gold pass people are going to be kept hopping.

A couple questions:

1. Since Joe is doing a Sunday photo shoot labeled 'anyone else', can those with an extra photo ticket get their second one done then, or is that frowned upon? Would be nice to get them on separate days.

2. Guest Encounter: Once you've bid, can you go back and bid again, if it looks like you won't make it into the top 20? Will it be clear when the sheets are coming down, and will they all be put up on Saturday, even for the Sunday encounters?

:dance: I'm getting so excited for this!!!

1: We'd (and he) would prefer that everyone goes through on Saturday. The Sunday is really only for people that were missed.

2: You can re-bid if you think you aren't going to be in the top 20. There will be a clear time on the sheets as to when they will come down. Sunday will not go up until Sunday morning.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not... but is the amount you bid on the sheet viewable by everyone who bids after you?

Yes others can see your bid.

You can come back and up yours if you want.

But you have to completely cross out your previous bid and add a new one to the bottom of the list. That way we know the order that the bids were placed.

Let's say there are 17 people that have bid £11 or over (so there are 3 places left). But 7 people have all bid £10! We will give the 3 spaces to the first 3 people to have bid £10.

Edited by Too Tall

HI! This is my first 3 day convention and I'm really excited!! I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether

1. when there are 3 people listed to do a talk (i.e. Colin, Alexis and Peter) whether they will all be together or in separate talks?

2. If someone bids and gets the 1st of the 2 guest encounters for a guest. Are they not permitted to bid for the second? I just think it would be unfair for someone to get to go twice while other people miss out.

I'm so excited to be coming to my first convention and I hope it won't matter that I'm not able to come in costume!

Looking forward to meeting some of you there!

:YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

HI! This is my first 3 day convention and I'm really excited!! I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether

1. when there are 3 people listed to do a talk (i.e. Colin, Alexis and Peter) whether they will all be together or in separate talks?

2. If someone bids and gets the 1st of the 2 guest encounters for a guest. Are they not permitted to bid for the second? I just think it would be unfair for someone to get to go twice while other people miss out.

I'm so excited to be coming to my first convention and I hope it won't matter that I'm not able to come in costume!

Looking forward to meeting some of you there!

:YAHOO:

1: It means they are in a talk together.

2: At present I am not aware of a rule stopping people bidding on 2 different GEs with the same guest. I agree it's a bit selfish but if someone wishes to place a winning bid on both that is their choice.

If someone has scheduling problems what's the best ay to get these resolved?

Can you be more specific about what the issues maybe?

the person i'm with with mobility issues need to eat a meal before 6pm so i need an hour an a half at either lunch or early afternoon to get soemwhere for a meal - I'm in group 10 and particularly on saturday I can't find enough time to get a meal - I was hoping lunchtime this day but having a signing just before 12 and photo at 1pm makes that impossible so my only option may be to miss everything from the quiz onwards.

Also sunday morning we have photos and signings at a similar time so I hope its possible get get between the 2 bearing in mind I will have to negogiate a wheelchair between the sessions

This is the most n00bish question on the planet, and I cringe as I type it..

Joe's "anyone left" photoshoot on Sunday - it's during the normal lunch hour. Will it definitely go ahead? i.e. it's not going to be a case of only happening if people specifically say that they didn't get through on Saturday? I have a ticket to go somewhere else on Saturday (which I want to punch myself in the face for) and probably won't decide until the morning whether to actually leave... and I only really want Joe's photo as I already have the others.

• Showmasters Admin

If someone has scheduling problems what's the best ay to get these resolved?

Can you be more specific about what the issues maybe?

the person i'm with with mobility issues need to eat a meal before 6pm so i need an hour an a half at either lunch or early afternoon to get soemwhere for a meal - I'm in group 10 and particularly on saturday I can't find enough time to get a meal - I was hoping lunchtime this day but having a signing just before 12 and photo at 1pm makes that impossible so my only option may be to miss everything from the quiz onwards.

Also sunday morning we have photos and signings at a similar time so I hope its possible get get between the 2 bearing in mind I will have to negogiate a wheelchair between the sessions

Firstly, please don't worry, we will help and you will get everything :D Please come and talk to me when you arrive, Friday? I'll be about after 6pm.

Secondly you don't have to go for the autographs exactly when you are called, once you are called you can join that queue any time after that. The Joe autograph at around 11:45, you can leave until Sunday, that is not an issue. Also the times given are only approximate, as you can imgine it's impossible to know exactly how fast a queue will or will not go. You may find you are called for Joe's autograph at 11-11:15am anyway.

As far as the moving from autographs to photo sessions. It's honestly only about 50 feet from one to the other. And the areas are not THAT crowded, you will be able to move the wheel chair about OK. Our attendees are usually pretty cool and will get out of the way pretty quickly :P

Please feel free to ask to speak to me at any time, I will do everything I can to help. If it means getting you in to the Joe autograph queue a bit early to make sure you can go off at 11:30ish for lunch so you're back for 1pm, then that's what we'll do :P

Edited by Too Tall

1: We'd (and he) would prefer that everyone goes through on Saturday. The Sunday is really only for people that were missed.

I can understand that, especially since it looks like Joe's skipping lunch to do them.

Are all encounters with one guest only, even when there are two scheduled at the same time? I assume that's the case.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for answering.

• Showmasters Admin

This is the most n00bish question on the planet, and I cringe as I type it..

Joe's "anyone left" photoshoot on Sunday - it's during the normal lunch hour. Will it definitely go ahead? i.e. it's not going to be a case of only happening if people specifically say that they didn't get through on Saturday? I have a ticket to go somewhere else on Saturday (which I want to punch myself in the face for) and probably won't decide until the morning whether to actually leave... and I only really want Joe's photo as I already have the others.

As it's on the schedule it'll go ahead. Just make sure you're their at 1pm sharp because once he's gone that'll be it.

I can understand that, especially since it looks like Joe's skipping lunch to do them.

Are all encounters with one guest only, even when there are two scheduled at the same time? I assume that's the case.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for answering.

Yes all GEs will be with a single guest. Talks on the other hand (as I've said above) are with all the guests mentioned in that time slot.

No worries :D It's new to a lot of people, we understand that.