First time at LFCC

I'm going to be attending LFCC on July 30th (Sunday). I have some questions about LFCC and how it works.

1. How early should I get there to be there right when it opens? I heard it's less busy on Sunday? 

2. Do you pay for the autographs when you get a VQ (if it is necessary) ticket or when you physically get the autograph? 

3. I also heard the more expensive the ticket, the more busy the guest will be- how busy will £20 guests be? I'm planning on getting autographs from Sylvester McCoy and Mark Williams. 

4. How much money should I bring? 

5. I plan on leaving at about 1/2 pm- will I be able to get my autographs by then? I know the schedule doesn't come out until a week beforehand but generally speaking? 

6. Are there places to sit and chill out for a second? 

7. Last question I promise! I think I saw somewhere that you can ask to take a quick picture with a guest if they're not too busy? Is that true? 

Thanks! 

1) Tough one to answer, some queue from 4am, some get there for 8.30/9am - Once they start entry everyone gets in pretty quickly, usually within 10 minutes but if you want to be at the front of the queue you're going to have to be there very very early.

2) When you are in the queue for the autograph. VQ's are free and are just a place in the queue marker so they don't take your money then as it's not guaranteed that you will get through the queue so you only pay once you are actually in the line for your auto.

3) Hard to say.  £20 isn't at the busiest end of the spectrum but they are still going to be popular, just not as busy as everyone else.  I'd say you'd be ok with those 2, they will be busy but not manic.

4) Hard to say as it depends on what you want to do.  Work out how many auto's you want and make sure you have enough to cover them.  then if you want to look at the stalls bring some more.  Cash machines in the area tend to run out of money fairly quickly.

5) Hard to say before the schedule is released as we don't know if and when they will be in shoots and talks but if it's just hose 2 you want I'd think that's doable.  No guarantee though.

6) Kind of.  Seating is at a premium and there aren't many outside of the cafe's but there's always quiet corners around.  You have to sit on the floor but I've never had trouble finding anywhere.

7) Yes in the auto session, but not if there are signs up in the auto queue saying you can't.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

1. This one's a bit hard to answer as it can differ year to year. Some people have been known to camp overnight or turn up at 4 in the morning. Personally, I think you stand a chance of being in a decent enough place if you arrive by 7, but I might be wrong. It really depends on when you can and are willing to get there.

2. As VQ tickets do not guarantee an autograph, you pay either when you are in the queue where there will be a table with a crew member before you get to the guest, or pay the crew member sitting with the guest, depending on how that particular guest is set up. It's usually the busier/more popular guests who have the table.

3. Asking how busy a guest will be is basically an impossible question to answer. Some guests (like Mark) are only there for one day and do not regularly attend events so I can see him being busy, whereas Sylvester has been at many shows over the last few days and is there this year for multiple days, so I imagine he will be less busy.

4. Enough to pay for the autos you want and maybe more if you want to buy stuff from the stalls. How much do you want to spend?

5. That will depend on how busy the guests are, which I've said is impossible to know. If you're only planning those 2 autos and no photos then the schedule won't really matter to you and at a guess I'd say you'll be ok as long as you get there early.

6. There are some seats in the talk areas that can be used if there's not a paid for talk on, but otherwise, there are no real 'chill out' areas.

7. If they're not too busy, then yes. Pay attention to the signs around the guests. If they are not allowing posed photos, or any photos at all, then the signs will tell you.

8. Raylenth types faster than me!

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 3

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

1. Last year I planned to be around 30 minutes before opening time. I had what seemed to be like a huge amount of people before me, but things were very smooth and we were in 5 minutes after opening time. It is my hope that things will be similar this year.

2. Not when you get the VQ, definitely. Right before it's your turn, the guest assistant will take your money and then you can get your autograph.

3. That is not an exact rule, but more expensive people tend to be more popular. Sylvester is there almost every year, and he will be there the full weekend, so I guess he won't have a lot of people. Mark is there just Sunday and I haven't heard of him signing very often, so chances are he will be a bit busier.

4. As much as you're comfortable spending - you'll probably see more guests and decide on the spot to buy autos of photoshoots from them. Same with stalls. Bringing too much money can be dangerous ;)

5. If your main plan is only Sylvester and Mark, it is very reasonable to expect that you'll be done by then. The schedule is for talks and photoshoots - guests are expected to be signing most of the time they have not anything else scheduled.

6. There are some sitting spots in the cafeteria, but most people sit on the floor along corridor walls., In the cosplay area there's a big zone with mats to sit. Plenty of room :)

7. Some guests do not like this; some are OK with it but their agent frowns upon it. See it as a nice bonus if and when it happens, more than something to expect and be dissapointed if it's not possible.

(3 other replies while I was typing - probably I'm saying nothing new :P Well, just in case!)

• Like 2