Please ShowMasters ... play fair with SW:TOT peeps

With "A" listers like TNG crew at £20, how much would u pay for Prowse & Co ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. With "A" listers like TNG crew at £20, how much would u pay for Prowse & Co ?

• 5 quid each
    • 10 quid each
    • 15 quid each
    • 20 quid each
    • Any 2 for 25 quid
    • Any 4 for 50 quid
    • Any 10 for 100 quid
    • Any 20 for 170 quid
    • All 30 for 250 quid
    • All 30 for 300 quid

Seriously ... we can get Prowse, Baker and Bulloch any weekend of the year for 5 or ten pounds. I know this is a big, one off reunion SMs stylee, but please don't overdo it ! Surely these guys are cheaper to hire than Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn? So why charge us similar prices ? I know you passed on it for the Red Dwarf and Blake's Seven reunions, but surely a "group" ticket would work well for the SW guests, getting gradually cheaper the more you buy ? What does anyone think ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you are forgetting, you will be wanting Mr Prowse to sign your brand new sparkly Star Wars the original trilogy box set, so will be willing to part with loads and loads of cash. Check this though, I once paid £50 for a Dave Prowse auto.

I can honestly say that I will only be getting people who i have never met before, which like a lot of Star Wars fans probably won't be that many. I think the likes of Prowse and Baker will mainly be bought by passing fans of other genres just to boost their collections.

with *30* SW guests, even a tenner each would be too much for me to meet all the guests - that adds up to £300 !!!!!!!! :P not fogetting the OTHER 30 guests! :P (I usually only have a budget of about £250 for EVERYTHING!) being a student can absolutely suck sometimes! ;)

surfy sah xx

(having just read all the posts :D)

I don't think they'll go for the "group" ticket thing, they better off setting a low price (here's hoping!) and I will NOT be paying £20 nor £15 for David Prowse, as you rightly said, he barely did anything in SW!

he was £20 in NEC and hence I steared clear!

have met Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulock and Warick Davies before but prob meet Baker again as his was the very first auto I ever got about 5years ago - paid **£5** for personal item and would prob get a photo signed this time, IF the price was right (max of £10)

I am NOT buying a £30 DVD just to get ti signed, like there'd be room for loads of sigs and I've got other items signed by other stars so!

surfy sah xx

Good idea getting a deal the more autos you get the cheaper it gets. No more than £10 a person unless its Billy Dee, Frank Oz, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher then i dont mind as much. ;)

You'll be paying more than that if they get them guests m8!

Carrie at about £25 - £30 and Mark Hamil £70 upwards!

I love Star Wars but it has never been my ambition to meet the second bounty hunter on the right.

If There are quality guests I.E. a character with a lot of air time on the films then it is worth putting the price up.

I'm not planning on buying any SW autos at this event.

Basil

Good idea getting a deal the more autos you get the cheaper it gets. No more than £10 a person unless its Billy Dee, Frank Oz, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher then i dont mind as much. :P

hey buff - he did say UNLESS!!!! hehe! :P

surfy sah xx

The most i'd pay is £15, but that'd have to be for a mega super star.

but dudes like sala baker, i'd only pay about £5, but i felt quite sorry for em, coz they had no people going to see last time.... poor them

Good idea getting a deal the more autos you get the cheaper it gets. No more than £10 a person unless its Billy Dee, Frank Oz, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher then i dont mind as much.  :blush:

hey buff - he did say UNLESS!!!! hehe! :wub:

surfy sah xx

YEAH!! You tell him. lol :wub:

i agree. although i'm new to collecting (i'm doing it for over a year now) and haven't met many star wars peeps. but still i ain't gonna pay 15 pounds for them, that's to much. they didn't do that much in the movies with the exception of kenny. i would pay 45 pound per 5 of my own choice. at least not more then 10 pounds a person considering at other conventions they're just that or cheaper.

don't get me wrong. i love SM events and they bring hard to get guests over here and give me the chance to meet them BUT am i the only one who thinks they get (to) expensive nowadays???

at first there where 10 pounds auto's, most of them 15 and the odd few 20. i haven't seen 10 pounders at the last two, and the 20 pounders are growing.

i mean brent, michael and walter are prob. 20 already not to mention sam jones who's rare and dirk benedict who charges that amount at other events.

and now the 30 star wars peeps, i think they will be 15. they def. would be if there where only six star wars guests at c6 so what's the difference? i'm not made of money you know.

Good idea getting a deal the more autos you get the cheaper it gets. No more than £10 a person unless its Billy Dee, Frank Oz, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher then i dont mind as much. :D

hey buff - he did say UNLESS!!!! hehe! :P

surfy sah xx

Yeah he did, but he did say "Frank Oz, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher then i dont mind as much"

Just making him aware as thats what they will be charging , so no illusions!

;):P

Good idea getting a deal the more autos you get the cheaper it gets. No more than £10 a person unless its Billy Dee, Frank Oz, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher then i dont mind as much. :D

hey buff - he did say UNLESS!!!! hehe! ;)

surfy sah xx

YEAH!! You tell him. lol :P

Hey im just giving you some friendly advice as to the other cons ive been too and what ive paid for MAJOR stars, some people on this forum keep moaning about what they charge and that they cant afford the price that SM ask for.

Just so long as you know and your not disapointed on the day expecting them to be £20 - £30 etc.

:P:o

Edited by BuFF DaDDy

I have an idea for a guest....

Lobot!!...He was in Flash Gordon and Star wars!!

John Hollis who plays Lobot is extremely Ill at the moment, so its doubtfull SM can get him mate, but I hope so, Id like him to sign my new Original Trilogy Figure.

:D:P

The only time I have paid £20 is for Joe Pantaliano. No one else has exctracted more from me.

£15 is the tops I normally pay, after all, Auto's aren't a requirement for life. Even at £15 I scale down the amount I get. £10 and I will get more.

I also believe some 'Stars' think they are worth more than they are. Gates Mc for example.

Something is only worth what you are prepared to pay. Regardless of how many times you are told it's worth more.

The only time I have paid £20 is for Joe Pantaliano. No one else has exctracted more from me.

£15 is the tops I normally pay, after all, Auto's aren't a requirement for life. Even at £15 I scale down the amount I get. £10 and I will get more.

I also believe some 'Stars' think they are worth more than they are. Gates Mc for example.

Something is only worth what you are prepared to pay. Regardless of how many times you are told it's worth more.

Good point, and I spent a small fortune with JP !

Are you keeping an eye on this thread ShowMasters ????? We won't be taken advantage of !

ditto.

with no disrespect, most of these guys are a dime a dozen.

Hamill, Fisher, Oz, Billy Dee, Earl Jones and -ahem!- Harrison Ford being the obvious exceptions.

paying £15 for the 'honour' of having 'Fat Imperial Guard Number 7' (who could forget his performance!?) sign my shiny new SW DVD is rather insulting.

ditto.

with no disrespect, most of these guys are a dime a dozen.

Hamill, Fisher, Oz, Billy Dee, Earl Jones and -ahem!- Harrison Ford being the obvious exceptions.

paying £15 for the 'honour' of having 'Fat Imperial Guard Number 7' (who could forget his performance!?) sign my shiny new SW DVD is rather insulting.

Bloody right mate or fat imperial guard number 8 :headscratch: