Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

They slid another Doctor Who guest in tonight, amongst the horror guests they announced, they've added David Summer from The Visitation on the Saturday

First person posting this (Sarcastic Glance) as we have another late addition to the list our 25th (sarcastic Kazoo) in the form of David Summer who had a single Doctor who role as a Terileptal from "The Visitation", leaving our choice at 3 different versions either the original DVD Release, the Special Edition or the Season 19 Blu Ray Set.

DavidSummer2.png

he is attending on the saturday and is £15.

on a note i did meet him earlier this year and he was lovely meaning my choice is going to be the Special Edition DVD as my original is already signed.

i am left wondering if we will see anymore it was an odd time to make the announcement given that there was no previous post to suggest one was coming and i'm certain it came at 14:55, oddly enough, but either way thats another one for the list, so i now have 25 guests with 30 items to have signed, but if they get anymore big ones, BRIAN BLESSED will be dropped and sadly for mr summer winter may be his downfall as he is likely to be next following that should things get out of hand as i have already sunk a lot of money into this one, and budget saving is necessary given the awful work month.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Also i did manage to get Wendy and Sally in the end that was a dream come true as they were both lovely and i got a very sarcastic Ha Ha out of wendy when they were taking alone shots of Sally as i said "Shouldn't she be taking the photos", that i will be riding for a while, but more importantly for me is that Lost in Time now sits at a staggering 20 names, the more the merrier and i tried to see if i could get Sally (A representative of "The Invasion") on the cover but sadly there was no space, so she went on the booklet, the more i get on that set the better, to the point the word document i keep a list of everything is close to having be 3 pages for that one set, and bare in mind i've only filled the back end of the cover, half 4 of the 9 regulars (Spot 10 on the cover is Sylvia James as she has the 2nd most episodes behind Frazer Hines) and am only half way down the front page of the booklet and that thing is 8 pages long, so i can get A LOAD ON THERE

I love interactions like that, certainly makes the events more memorable, and more fun for myself and the guest. 

In regards to Tom Baker, the last one he did there were rumours, that he just couldn't be doing with all the travel involved, so he'd rather do shows that were local to him, or he didnt have to travel to far. Baring in mind that was 2019 though and we've had covid in between. It could be that he's knocked them on head completely. The fact that his shop hasnt re-opened for autographs is a bit concerning mind.

Hopefully he does one last show. 

i do ask if you could get one regular from the show to attend even as a more or less last minute announcement who would you be after, right now Frazer Hines is still my top pick for the amount of things i need want him on, but Janet Fielding is the 2nd contender with only 3 items, 3rd is of course Nicolya Bryant but shes a 4 item person, Mark Strikson would be next i can slim him down to 2 and be comfortable with it, but barely

• Like 1

also i did see a number of horror guests announced for Spring and july but rn i am ill and would like a rest without cross checking every name, as a few i know didn't do anything, but i have been wrong frequently before so i will check but tonight i'm afraid not, and if there are any i will start head lining the posts to which show they apply to, probably with some joke

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I love interactions like that, certainly makes the events more memorable, and more fun for myself and the guest. 

In regards to Tom Baker, the last one he did there were rumours, that he just couldn't be doing with all the travel involved, so he'd rather do shows that were local to him, or he didnt have to travel to far. Baring in mind that was 2019 though and we've had covid in between. It could be that he's knocked them on head completely. The fact that his shop hasnt re-opened for autographs is a bit concerning mind.

Hopefully he does one last show. 

Wendy and Sally were lovely by all accounts i did have a bit of worry that i was hyping myself up too much but they were both as i imagined and i did have a lovely chat with Wendy about her time on the show, and of course "The Wheel in Space" is the one she wants back, but she did have a mind change when i mentioned "The Invasion" episode 4 and how much money was spent on it, that and seeing if you could see a Cocky smirk from Frazer Hines with a Kilt that isn't blowing around unlike Wendy and Sally's skirts.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

First person posting this (Sarcastic Glance) as we have another late addition to the list our 25th (sarcastic Kazoo) in the form of David Summer who had a single Doctor who role as a Terileptal from "The Visitation", leaving our choice at 3 different versions either the original DVD Release, the Special Edition or the Season 19 Blu Ray Set.

DavidSummer2.png

he is attending on the saturday and is £15.

on a note i did meet him earlier this year and he was lovely meaning my choice is going to be the Special Edition DVD as my original is already signed.

i am left wondering if we will see anymore it was an odd time to make the announcement given that there was no previous post to suggest one was coming and i'm certain it came at 14:55, oddly enough, but either way thats another one for the list, so i now have 25 guests with 30 items to have signed, but if they get anymore big ones, BRIAN BLESSED will be dropped and sadly for mr summer winter may be his downfall as he is likely to be next following that should things get out of hand as i have already sunk a lot of money into this one, and budget saving is necessary given the awful work month.

It was easily missed, I didnt see it at first either, they posted saying they were announcing some horror guests, but this one just slid under the radar. They could have announced him at same time.

4 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

i do ask if you could get one regular from the show to attend even as a more or less last minute announcement who would you be after, right now Frazer Hines is still my top pick for the amount of things i need want him on, but Janet Fielding is the 2nd contender with only 3 items, 3rd is of course Nicolya Bryant but shes a 4 item person, Mark Strikson would be next i can slim him down to 2 and be comfortable with it, but barely

Also Peter Purves would be great as i have something with Jackie Lane that needs adding and something with Jean Marsh which are now two priority items, along with Maureen O'Brien who is needed on 4 items, effectively i've put myself in a point where the amount of combinations needed are ridiculous.

also i would say Carole Ann Ford but i saw she was booked elsewhere, but i saw so was Camille Coduri which has me wondering since she cancelled there with them citing work commitments will the same happen here, it has me worried as i will be paying off that Photo for a little

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

It was easily missed, I didnt see it at first either, they posted saying they were announcing some horror guests, but this one just slid under the radar. They could have announced him at same time.

my guess is that they wanted him separate from the horror guests as theyre a different theme and are for different events, so maybe they had been trying to get more Doctor who guests for a bulk announcement but couldnt or possibly because the contract hadn't been finalised and the Friday postings went ahead without him because they didn't need him to be as big as it was.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I'd be wanting Anneke Wills. Light at the End amongst other things.

And whilst not a tv companion, I'd love India Fisher to do a convention

And if Jean Marsh was well enough to do a show, even in a limited capacity

Edited by Mfahey79

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

Fisher by all accounts would be great to have mainly for my "Light at the End" which self insert moment, i did show that off at a recent place and people loved seeing it and how many i had in it, i assumed people had more than me but no, i'd also get Fisher on my "Minuet in Hell" as that is my second favourite Big finish main range and out of 60 thats pretty good innings, would be cool if they brought her into the TV show tho, break new ground.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

my guess is that they wanted him separate from the horror guests as theyre a different theme and are for different events, so maybe they had been trying to get more Doctor who guests for a bulk announcement but couldnt or possibly because the contract hadn't been finalised and the Friday postings went ahead without him because they didn't need him to be as big as it was.

Which would make sense, was he supposed to be included with the Dr Who guests last week?

2 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

And Anneke would be a big one for my "The Power of the Daleks" steelbook, as thats one of my more rare items, my most rare Blu Ray being "Spearhead from Space" doesn't have that many people for it beyond Ivan Auton Robin Squire, Prentis Hancock and the chap who played the sweaty radar technician.

2 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Fisher by all accounts would be great to have mainly for my "Light at the End" which self insert moment, i did show that off at a recent place and people loved seeing it and how many i had in it, i assumed people had more than me but no, i'd also get Fisher on my "Minuet in Hell" as that is my second favourite Big finish main range and out of 60 thats pretty good innings, would be cool if they brought her into the TV show tho, break new ground.

Well she is cannon, as Paul McGann did say her name just before his regeneration

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

Which would make sense, was he supposed to be included with the Dr Who guests last week?

not to my knowledge, maybe he was maybe not, whilst he only appeared once Gooderson still played a named character in the form of Davros #2 whilst Summer is just the monster of the week and not even the lead one at that, so it does leave one wondering.

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

Well she is cannon, as Paul McGann did say her name just before his regeneration

i've got on camera him talking about he couldn't remember half the names had to be told and had no time to memorise so he had to just go for it.

• Like 1

I'd ask her how many episodes of Masterchef does she have to watch in a day to do the voiceovers, and does it feel weird that the two people doing the voiceovers are connected to Doctor Who, Sean Pertwee being the other

And Anneke would be a big one for my "The Power of the Daleks" steelbook, as thats one of my more rare items, my most rare Blu Ray being "Spearhead from Space" doesn't have that many people for it beyond Ivan Auton Robin Squire, Prentis Hancock and the chap who played the sweaty radar technician.

I have her on that, although it is cheating to a certain degree by ordering from her website as I thought it was only way at the time to get her on the steelbook

So this was announced yesterday but Karen Gillan has announced that shes only doing Saturday, after months of her being advertised for the full weekend, there is a lot of talk about where this lays, either with a change in plans from Karen or Showmasters announcing two days when she was only ever going to do the saturday.

either way there is a massive spanner in the works as now theres going to be a large influx of people trying to meet her, basically without a diamond Pass you are screwed i'm afraid to say, i've a batch 1 so i will have it within no time but there is going to be a large group arguing that they've been waiting for however long since a certain time etc etc etc.

needles to say the facebook pages have been interesting with someone saying that they should be comped a free ticket for the Saturday as a result, a little deluded if i must say, but it does raise the point about how many people were only going on the sunday and were planning to meet her and are now going to miss out, it has lead to debate about whats happened.

On 10/31/2023 at 10:18 PM, Mfahey79 said:

I have her on that, although it is cheating to a certain degree by ordering from her website as I thought it was only way at the time to get her on the steelbook

I've got her on two things both of which were bought from elsewhere, one from her Website and the other Ebay

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

So this was announced yesterday but Karen Gillan has announced that shes only doing Saturday, after months of her being advertised for the full weekend, there is a lot of talk about where this lays, either with a change in plans from Karen or Showmasters announcing two days when she was only ever going to do the saturday.

either way there is a massive spanner in the works as now theres going to be a large influx of people trying to meet her, basically without a diamond Pass you are screwed i'm afraid to say, i've a batch 1 so i will have it within no time but there is going to be a large group arguing that they've been waiting for however long since a certain time etc etc etc.

needles to say the facebook pages have been interesting with someone saying that they should be comped a free ticket for the Saturday as a result, a little deluded if i must say, but it does raise the point about how many people were only going on the sunday and were planning to meet her and are now going to miss out, it has lead to debate about whats happened.

At least being batch 1 you can get your autograph and get out and avoid the inevitable chaos.  Photoshoots will be the usual melee of people just milling around. 

No chance she'll get beyond diamond passes now, and they should tell people their chances are slim when they give out virtual tickets.

She was on provisional schedules for the Sunday, so has to be a last minute change of plans. Or you would like to hope so anyway

50 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

At least being batch 1 you can get your autograph and get out and avoid the inevitable chaos.  Photoshoots will be the usual melee of people just milling around. 

No chance she'll get beyond diamond passes now, and they should tell people their chances are slim when they give out virtual tickets.

She was on provisional schedules for the Sunday, so has to be a last minute change of plans. Or you would like to hope so anyway

As scummy as it would be they should probably not bother with VQ given how busy she will be and just tell people that Diamond Passes only given her busy schedule