Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

3 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

and yeah her Career has exploded significantly since then, id argue around the same time it was starting to blow up so she left at the right time, especially given what the MCU became only shortly thereafter. 

Indeed, and Marvel, respected her enough to let her film that last scene with Matt Smith. Fun fact, but her and Matt were both wearing wigs in that scene, as they had both shaved their heads for other roles

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Indeed, and Marvel, respected her enough to let her film that last scene with Matt Smith. Fun fact, but her and Matt were both wearing wigs in that scene, as they had both shaved their heads for other roles

it was a bold decision, i remember upon leaving Doctor who Smith did "Terminator: Genysis" and he was all over the magazine covers despite having a small role, his film career hasn't done all too well, but in todays age TV shows arent a limit like they were, example being House of the Dragon, even if to the British public he will always be 11.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, D-C-A said:

it was a bold decision, i remember upon leaving Doctor who Smith did "Terminator: Genysis" and he was all over the magazine covers despite having a small role, his film career hasn't done all too well, but in todays age TV shows arent a limit like they were, example being House of the Dragon, even if to the British public he will always be 11.

I watched the first 10 minutes of that film on a flight and decided I'd seen enough. 

Edited by Mfahey79

Today has seen another announcement for Doctor who fans in the return of Jessica Martin, best known to fans as Mags in "The Greatest Show in The Galaxy" a role she reprised in a trilogy of Audios for Big Finish which saw the character upgraded to Companion, "The Monsters of Gokroth", "The moons of Vulpana" and "An Alien Werewolf in London", she was also heard on screen in "Voyage of the Dammed" as the queen (God Bless her), along with two audios "Signs and Warriors" from the main range and "The Last of the Colophon" from the Fourth Doctor Adventures range.

whilst the CDs are obviously self explanatory, for "Voyage of the Dammed" there are multiple options, either the individual DVD of the Christmas special, The Christmas Special boxset and any copy of The Complete 4th Series.

Jessica-Martin-Base-Image.jpg

i have Martin on my "The Greatest show in the Galaxy", The Complete Fourth Series and "The Monsters of Gokroth" so this time i'm going for "The Moons of Vulpana", although i will be needing to purchase myself a copy of said Audio first, which i am really behind when it comes to getting ones i need, as i'm still in need of a copy of "the Year of Martha".

Martin is appearing both days and from memory is £10 for an autograph, honestly she is a lovely person to meet.

Also the LFCC winter web-page is still listing Gemma Powell as being in Doctor who, given how long ago she was announced, this is a mistake on the part of Showmasters, whilst Doctor who does have a Gemma Powell listed she was a child actress extra who appeared in two episodes, not the elder actress that is attending this convention.

I'll be looking at pre-orders for the November show, because as much as Karen Gillan is a game changer, logistically and budget wise, I cant justify two shows in November.

The more I looked at it, the more I couldnt make it work for me. Even with my colleagues support and offering to swap working days

On 9/5/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mfahey79 said:

I'll be looking at pre-orders for the November show, because as much as Karen Gillan is a game changer, logistically and budget wise, I cant justify two shows in November.

The more I looked at it, the more I couldnt make it work for me. Even with my colleagues support and offering to swap working days

That is unfortunate, i've only the LFCC in November, but i will likely be saving money for a small signing in decemeber, which is gonna mean that i'm gonna likely have to keep that basic and dip into the savings i keep away from my money.

theres meant to be an announcement tonight at 7, will try and keep everyone updated at that time i will be on a mobile so i can't promise that i can do a proper job with the updates, but i'm hoping for more Who guests.

I've already seen a lot of people complain about them not wanting anymore Doctor who guests, but at the same time, its gonna be 11-12 days shy of the 60th what do they expect.

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

theres meant to be an announcement tonight at 7, will try and keep everyone updated at that time i will be on a mobile so i can't promise that i can do a proper job with the updates, but i'm hoping for more Who guests.

I've already seen a lot of people complain about them not wanting anymore Doctor who guests, but at the same time, its gonna be 11-12 days shy of the 60th what do they expect.

Unless, any of tonight's guests made a small cameo that went under the radar. Then we're out of luck for Doctor Who guests.

Paul Bettany is pretty massive though 

okay so whilst we have lost Julien Glover there is considerable evidence that we may be getting the cancelled Birmingham guests firstly we have Brian Murphy

BrianMurphyWeb.png

Murphy whilst not appearing on screen voices a character in a Big finish audio specifically the early adventures audio “The Home Guard” ironically enough I already have the story, need to listen to it though.

he is attending on the Sunday only and is £20 for a autograph and/or a Photo.

Now for one that when they announced her for Birmingham it flew under my radar, Linda Regan.

LindaReganWeb.png

now if you thought Murphy was obscure for appearing in Big finish, Regan is even more considerably so, as she appeared in “Carnival of monsters” but is only listed for Episode 1 as a stunt double for Katy Manning, effectively this one is just as obscure as Shirley Conrad.

Regan is attending on the Sunday and is £15 for the autograph and/or a photo.

now if I’m being honest given Doctor who fans lost Julien Glover and whilst so far we’ve only had these two in replacements it’s a little underwhelming but there is a strong chance we could see others from the cancelled event, when it comes to Regan I’m going to need to evaluate whose left before deciding her signature placement on my copy, but so far she’s going on the back.

6 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Brian and Linda are also married. Not that it makes any difference to this forum. But it also makes more sense to them appearing together 

It actually may be important, as they like Glynis Barber and Michael Brandon are a package deal, so i'm still hopeful that they're rebooking the Birmingham guests, so it could see Peter Purves, Maureen O'Brien and Terry Molloy amongst others, i understand that whilst for me its good to get two new names for others its nothing really.

On 9/10/2023 at 10:09 PM, Mfahey79 said:

I'm not sure how many episodes of the early series they have managed to get signed but I know that a fair few episodes are covered 

Bizarrely, the Genesis of the Daleks stamp cover, has either Terry Molloy or Terry Molloy and Tom Baker. Whereas every other story has someone associated with the story to sign. It just doesnt make sense, especially when they were issued, Peter Miles was alive, and Guy Siner is still an active signer.

I started collecting these when they issued a 50th anniversary series. And issued 11 covers to celebrate each Doctor, so we have Peter Purves, Wendy Padbury, Katy Manning, Tom Baker, Nicola Bryant, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Yee Jee Tso, Camille Coduri, Bernard Cribbins and Francis Barber

so we've not had any guest announcements for a while, would have assumed we'd get one today but i guess not.

in unrelated news managed to pick up a CD of "The Celestial Toymaker" signed by Jackie Lane and a copy of "Fury from the Deep" signed by a few people, including Roy Spencer who has gone off the radar to my knowledge and Richard Mayes who has passed on, so overall not too bad (The Set also has Frazer Hines)

• Like 1

Nice finds. Especially Jackie Lane, who was a difficult autograph to get, getting her autograph was the only time I let a multi signed poster out of my sight for a pre-order, although I'm seriously considering doing this again for my Cyberman poster for reasons we cant say on here.

And awesome find to get Richard Mayes and Roy Spence

Edited by Mfahey79

12 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Nice finds. Especially Jackie Lane, who was a difficult autograph to get, getting her autograph was the only time I let a multi signed poster out of my sight for a pre-order, although I'm seriously considering doing this again for my Cyberman poster for reasons we cant say on here.

And awesome find to get Richard Mayes and Roy Spence

Yeah i wasnt able to check who was who when i made the order, all i saw was the Jackie Lane and went for it, had to check all the covers, some are dedicated but those can be covered up by another dedication, and yeah waiting on that event we can't mention they're only at 11 so the 12th should hopefully be soon, and then i'll know if i'm breaching £400 or not

On 9/17/2023 at 8:10 AM, D-C-A said:

Yeah i wasnt able to check who was who when i made the order, all i saw was the Jackie Lane and went for it, had to check all the covers, some are dedicated but those can be covered up by another dedication, and yeah waiting on that event we can't mention they're only at 11 so the 12th should hopefully be soon, and then i'll know if i'm breaching £400 or not

Nice finds all the same, are the personisations removable?

I will be sending in my cyberman posters, as one guest in particular is in all probability a last chance to get.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:40 PM, Mfahey79 said:

I will be sending in my cyberman posters, as one guest in particular is in all probability a last chance to get.

The signatures which are dedicated are thankfully on lesser items mainly companion Chronicles, and in those ones if i got the second actor from them i could use a silver pen and have the original name covered leaving the signature intact.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 7:40 PM, Mfahey79 said:

As for what we're not mentioning i've got my final number and £420 is the current amount, which yeah is a lot but as you said last chance for one of them, it'll go up to £435 if i can get the money together and use it on my script book of "The Tomb of the Cybermen".

As for LFCC itself, still waiting on new guests, but I've made some changes to my line up, namingly with Colin Baker, as I've switched him from "Mindwarp" to "Caves of Androzani" as i'll be able to get Peter Davison on that Tomorrow actually, and its reorganising the combinations i can get.

speaking of that i hope LFCC gets Katy Manning and John Levene as i've managed to score a copy of "The Dæmons" signed by Richard Franklin, so unless he attends anything which is very unlikely, that'll be my best shot to get whose left of the 71-73 regulars.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D-C-A said:

As for LFCC itself, still waiting on new guests, but I've made some changes to my line up, namingly with Colin Baker, as I've switched him from "Mindwarp" to "Caves of Androzani" as i'll be able to get Peter Davison on that Tomorrow actually, and its reorganising the combinations i can get.

speaking of that i hope LFCC gets Katy Manning and John Levene as i've managed to score a copy of "The Dæmons" signed by Richard Franklin, so unless he attends anything which is very unlikely, that'll be my best shot to get whose left of the 71-73 regulars.

We're at that stage where you would think shows would be finalising their Doctor Who guests with it only being a few months to the 60th

I'm surprised that more isnt being made of it if I'm being honest

22 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

We're at that stage where you would think shows would be finalising their Doctor Who guests with it only being a few months to the 60th

I'm surprised that more isnt being made of it if I'm being honest

Maybe they don't see 60 as a significant number, which is understandable, but then again not many series make it to 60, sorta the same reason i'm gonna chuckle for a good while if people in 2025 start questioning why theres no 20th anniversary celebration, because a few people have said their should be one for the revival, and im laughing because big finish had been handling the show for 6 years previous.