Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

25 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Maybe they don't see 60 as a significant number, which is understandable, but then again not many series make it to 60, sorta the same reason i'm gonna chuckle for a good while if people in 2025 start questioning why theres no 20th anniversary celebration, because a few people have said their should be one for the revival, and im laughing because big finish had been handling the show for 6 years previous.

I'm sure Steve Moffatt said having a 10 year anniversary to celebrate the show coming back so soon after the shows 50th anniversary is just confusing and pointless. 

I know a lot can change in 10 years. But he's right

41 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Maybe they don't see 60 as a significant number, which is understandable, but then again not many series make it to 60, sorta the same reason i'm gonna chuckle for a good while if people in 2025 start questioning why theres no 20th anniversary celebration, because a few people have said their should be one for the revival, and im laughing because big finish had been handling the show for 6 years previous.

In this day and age not many series make it to 3, let alone 6 or 60.

No disrespect to Big Finish, but I'd have liked a box set like Light at the End or Masterful. Rather than several box sets. But that's just me being picky

14 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'm sure Steve Moffatt said having a 10 year anniversary to celebrate the show coming back so soon after the shows 50th anniversary is just confusing and pointless. 

I know a lot can change in 10 years. But he's right

Had the series come back in 2008 then it would be better as we’d get one every 5 years, but 2 years after a big number is ridiculous at best

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

In this day and age not many series make it to 3, let alone 6 or 60.

No disrespect to Big Finish, but I'd have liked a box set like Light at the End or Masterful. Rather than several box sets. But that's just me being picky

I get what you mean, I’m working on getting my “Light at the end” signed I’ve now got Davison on it twice once on the front and now on the character page with Sarah Sutton, I’m hoping to have Colin and Sylvester on their character pages later this year, which is why an appearance by Sophie Aldred and Nicola Bryant would be lovely, specifically what I can get them on.

• Like 1

okay so today brought us a few guests, to add to our expensive lists.

DerekJacobiWeb.png

firstly we have sir Derek Jacobi who was Yana or The Master in "Utopia" for that episode you'd need any copy of Series 3 or a Series 3 Volume 4, he also played the Master in "Scream of The Shalka", and has more recently been playing the War Master for Big Finish.

he is attending the Saturday only and is £45 for an Autograph and £125 for a diamond Pass

SophieAldredWeb.png

next we have the Ace guest of this line up (PUNS), Sophie Aldred who plays ace is also attending, for her you'll need "Dragonfire" any DVD from Seasons 25 & 26 or perhaps the Blu Ray sets of Seasons 24 or 26, she's also in the recent "Power of the Doctor" meaning either an individual copy of that episode or the Steelbook containing it, plus she has a large variety of Big Finish to chose from.

She is attending both Days and is £20 for an autograph.

TessaPeakJonesWeb.png

lastly we have Tessa Peak-Jones who whilst more commonly known to UK audiences as Raquel in Only fools and Horses, she was in an Episode of Doctor who, something her character mentioned (Although in what would have been a great meta reference Jones never appeared prior to doing OFAH) she's in Matt Smiths final episode "The Time of the Doctor", so for that there are again many options, the "Individual" release containing the previous 11th Doctor Christmas Specials, or either version of the 50th anniversary specials boxset.

she is attending Sunday Only and is £20.

as for my plans with these guests Jacobi will be on my Complete Third Series, and will be a diamond pass, so i can get everything included, Aldred despite her price will be on my copys of "Dragonfire", "Light at the End", "Shadow of the Scourge" and The Dalek Collection, and i will be going for the photo with her in the Ace Jacket which is £35 for anyone asking, and as for Jones it will be my copy of "Time of the Doctor" from the 50th boxset.

It's not hard to argue, that the winter show, has served us better for Doctor Who guests than the summer show. Whether that is because it is closer to the Anniversary is open to debate, but must be a factor. 

It's a shame that, they had to to change the dates. But it is what it is

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

It's not hard to argue, that the winter show, has served us better for Doctor Who guests than the summer show. Whether that is because it is closer to the Anniversary is open to debate, but must be a factor. 

It's a shame that, they had to to change the dates. But it is what it is

There is definitely something to say as they seem to have curiously gotten half of what can be considered fantastic duos at each con, they have Karen Gillan here but Matt Smith during summer, for fans of OFAH they have Raquel actress here and Cassandras actress there, it’s a baffling choice

reminds me of somewhere we’re not allowed to mention where they do a group photo for a doctor who story having 4 people from it (3 actors and Director) offering a “The Keeper of Traken” photo and they decided not to include the Director in that photo offering

19 hours ago, D-C-A said:

There is definitely something to say as they seem to have curiously gotten half of what can be considered fantastic duos at each con, they have Karen Gillan here but Matt Smith during summer, for fans of OFAH they have Raquel actress here and Cassandras actress there, it’s a baffling choice

reminds me of somewhere we’re not allowed to mention where they do a group photo for a doctor who story having 4 people from it (3 actors and Director) offering a “The Keeper of Traken” photo and they decided not to include the Director in that photo offering

Availability I guess for Matt and Karen, and the only fools duo. As Showmasters would have been offering combo photo for both pairs without a shadow of a doubt.

Another baffling choice was one I went to, where the main actor had a duo with a actress he had minimal screen time with, who cancelled anyway. But not one with a actor he played against for several season and is a friend off.

Edited by Mfahey79

10 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Availability I guess for Matt and Karen, and the only fools duo. As Showmasters would have been offering combo photo for both pairs without a shadow of a doubt.

Another baffling choice was one I went to, where the main actor had a duo with a actress he had minimal screen time with, who cancelled anyway. But not one with a actor he played against for several season and is a friend off.

You do wonder about how events chose things, one I had a curious look at was an event where they had Jamie Glover and Sasha Behar as a duo photo and many of us were wondering why as the event tried to find meaningful connections (that said I did enquire and they said I could at one point get a photo with 3 actors all named Chris, because they saw the funny side of it), and the only one they had was they were married, something which I don’t think half of us attending even knew

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

At least the jamie and Sasha photoshoot had a bit of logic behind it.

Unless the Chris's were Hemsworth, Pratt and Evan's then it's such random photoshoot which most would pass on

Christopher Robbie, Christopher Tranchell and Christopher Matthews, it was just weird cause In the photo studio someone said “do you still need Chris” and that was followed by half of us going “which one”

24 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Christopher Robbie, Christopher Tranchell and Christopher Matthews, it was just weird cause In the photo studio someone said “do you still need Chris” and that was followed by half of us going “which one”

To be fair, there is at least some link between the 3, even if it is only, they've appeared in Doctor Who. So not as bad as I was expecting. But still stretching it a lot

So there is an update which I've been unable to add due to a busy work schedule and a correction i forgot to make.

WilliamHopeWeb.png

So turns out William Hope most famous for his role as the incompetent LT Gorman from Aliens has a Doctor who role, which i managed to miss his announcement as he was caught up in a wave of them, his role is limited to audio specifically "Renaissance of the Daleks" which is from way back when and was the first of the Big finish audios to use the black bar on the left of the cover, he is attending on the Saturday and is £20.

Tony-Lee-Base-Image.jpg

next we have Tony Lee who has written a few audios for big finish, the first being "Rattrap" from the main range and then 2 entries of the first Bernice Summerfield boxset entitled Epoch, like many comic writers he is usually free as he was when i met him, but always best to have some money on you, he is attending both days.

So i bit the Bullet, 5 of them, rapid, and have finally bought the Diamond pass for Sir Derek Jacobi and decided to get the duo photo for McCoy and Aldred in costume because why not.

also for the photos i'm getting with Karen Gillan and Derek Jacobi, I've purchased a 11th doctor sonic and a Laser Screwdriver which i hope for sir Derek to use whilst i have my 10th doctor Sonic, yes i know Sir Derek never used the Laser but i think it would be great for the photo.

also i added an extra £50 onto my list because i want to get McCoy and Aldred on my copy of "Battlefield" to go with Nicholas Courtney, making another great combination for the ages.

• Like 1

The Sylvester and Sophie photoshoot was the one that made me go ooh. As it in my opinion it will be a one and only occurrence of this costume shoot

Although not Doctor Who, I have the DS9 Ferengi trio in full make up and that one had to be done.

So far I've, got Colin Baker in his costume, and when i got it signed a few years later, he joked that had he known how hot it would have been he might have reconsidered, it was in middle of a july heatwave. I need more Doctors in costume if im being honest.

In regards to combis, out of costume, i have Sylvester and Sophie, and Colin and Nicola

18 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

The Sylvester and Sophie photoshoot was the one that made me go ooh. As it in my opinion it will be a one and only occurrence of this costume shoot

Although not Doctor Who, I have the DS9 Ferengi trio in full make up and that one had to be done.

So far I've, got Colin Baker in his costume, and when i got it signed a few years later, he joked that had he known how hot it would have been he might have reconsidered, it was in middle of a july heatwave. I need more Doctors in costume if im being honest.

In regards to combis, out of costume, i have Sylvester and Sophie, and Colin and Nicola

McCoy I’ve already got in costume as when I started doing diamond passes I decided I might as well bite the bullet and get a photo with McCoy as well, so now that Aldred is going and is gonna be in costume I think it would be a foolish idea to not have one with her in costume and a duo photo of one of the best series lineups, sadly Colin hasn’t done a costume offer in a while so mine is out of.

so far I’ve got photos with The guy who plays the scientist in “the war games”, sophie Aldred, Karen Gillan, Derek Jacobi and then the McCoy/Aldred duo, if they add anymore regulars or persons from a favourite story then they will also get added to that photo line up, but so far it’s audios or people from lesser stories.

still holding out hope for Nicola because by all accounts I would love her on my “the light at the end” alone to join the others I’ve got on there and so far the only companions I do have are Sarah Sutton, Katy Manning who only has a small cameo, and Lisa Bowerman who’s not even in it and is the director of the 5th disc which is a bonus rerelease of a Companion Chronicles story, so needless to say I need more on that set as it’s coming along beautifully at this point in time but I do need to try and get some more, as it stands I can also get Terry Molloy on there who isn’t even in it but is on the 4th disc which is a Retrospective.

Also just seen an email saying they’ve got a humongous guest coming and it will be announced Wednesday doesn’t inspire much hope for it being anyone from Doctor who because even the rarest of the rare from that show wouldn’t come close to what they’re hyping up, my guess is it’s likely a Star Wars or a MCU guest of high caliber maybe some overlap if there is any, that said I can imagine Jenna Ortega or Pedro pascal given the hype over Wednesday and anything he’s done, which by all accounts I will be honest and drop professionalisim for a minute, would ruin the event, they would likely increase the number of available tickets and pack the place full, atop of that whilst it’s not as annoying as the Eddie Munson fans all I’d hear for the day is that Bloody Mary song, even tho I’m 90% certain that wouldn’t even be a thing Wednesday would dance to.

by all accounts I understand broader strokes with fandoms and it would be great for fans to meet them, but I do get annoyed and a little peeved when you have the fans who aren’t respectful to their surroundings and I guess I’m still annoyed at the main event last year with what happened and would rather not see a repeat of such disrespect for fans of other fandoms who are just trying to enjoy their day and don’t want anything to do with it yet aren’t able to go about their business because a large group of people are refusing to disperse in-spite of the safety risks it’s causing and the general inconvenience of it all

okay so the Facebook post have just Made a back to the future reference so it’s either gonna be Christopher Lloyd or Michael J Fox, two guests I could live with better, mainly as the fanbase of Back to the future isn’t so bad

9 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

okay so the Facebook post have just Made a back to the future reference so it’s either gonna be Christopher Lloyd or Michael J Fox, two guests I could live with better, mainly as the fanbase of Back to the future isn’t so bad

The clues seem to fit Michael J Fox better, had to get him last time, as I thought it was a once and only chance to meet him

6 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

The clues seem to fit Michael J Fox better, had to get him last time, as I thought it was a once and only chance to meet him

Personally I’m hoping that for fans of BTTF it is Him.

at the same time I’m also hoping that it’s gonna feature a number of other guests as well and of course hoping for some more for my Doctor who list, again Nichola Bryant would be nice, maybe reschedule Maureen O’Brien, Peter Purves and Terry Molloy like Jesus I’ll be on my hands and knees begging with the largest wad of Cash

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

Also just seen an email saying they’ve got a humongous guest coming and it will be announced Wednesday doesn’t inspire much hope for it being anyone from Doctor who because even the rarest of the rare from that show wouldn’t come close to what they’re hyping up, my guess is it’s likely a Star Wars or a MCU guest of high caliber maybe some overlap if there is any, that said I can imagine Jenna Ortega or Pedro pascal given the hype over Wednesday and anything he’s done, which by all accounts I will be honest and drop professionalisim for a minute, would ruin the event, they would likely increase the number of available tickets and pack the place full, atop of that whilst it’s not as annoying as the Eddie Munson fans all I’d hear for the day is that Bloody Mary song, even tho I’m 90% certain that wouldn’t even be a thing Wednesday would dance to.

by all accounts I understand broader strokes with fandoms and it would be great for fans to meet them, but I do get annoyed and a little peeved when you have the fans who aren’t respectful to their surroundings and I guess I’m still annoyed at the main event last year with what happened and would rather not see a repeat of such disrespect for fans of other fandoms who are just trying to enjoy their day and don’t want anything to do with it yet aren’t able to go about their business because a large group of people are refusing to disperse in-spite of the safety risks it’s causing and the general inconvenience of it all

Exactly, even when they've had Matt Smith and David Tennant they didnt get that level of hype

In regards to the Joseph Quinn, situation, It was also the knock on effect as everyone was blocking the stairs trying to see what was going on below, so you had in effect two log jams of people

Edited by Mfahey79

4 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Hmm. Now I've  just seen a tweet saying this guest will cause a tremor in the force. So definatly a Star Wars guest. If it's just the one guest then its Christopher Lloyd. And no disrespect hed not quite the humongous guest 

I’m hoping We get a large number announced that way more people could be satisfied 

22 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I’m hoping We get a large number announced that way more people could be satisfied 

I hope so, so far i'm only commited to one pre-order and that is Vernon Dobtcheff on a Doctor Who image and potentially Brian Murphy.

I'd be wanting Karen Gillan on my steelbooks and a couple of posters, but I'm not sending those in

Edited by Mfahey79