Last Episode

Jangojohnny

I'm sorry but not only was season 5 a major let down compaered with previous series but what on earth was that for a last episode??

Why give them 6 episodes notice of cancellation if all they go and do is leave it on a cliffhanger??

Disapointed...Crap end to a crap season!

Sorry

I think that season 5 was tremedous, chaging the format was a genious idea.

As for the last episode I thought it was the most amazing thing ever and it evoked so many emotions. Killing off so many major characters, was shocked!!! Also as for the end being a cliffhanger, I think it was actually a very fitting end with team Angel going into war, it's like its up for the audience to imagine what happens next.

• Moderators

I thought Season 5 was very admirable for what it tried to do ... keeping the core ideas but changing direction and doing it in a very different way - something that many shows would be too scared to do, but it shows that Joss is more than capable of pulling it off. Angel has never been a show to keep to the straight and narrow - come on, Cordy slept with Connor :wub: It's not like it's ever been a simple show! And I always thought that was one of the most appealing things ... it always kept you guessing, and no matter when you thought you totally understood everything, there would always be another twist. Even though it did get complicated at times, there were always the characters that you'd grown to love and admire, and the last episode was a fitting end for many of them. Of course the 'Angelverse' or 'Buffyverse' or whatever does not end with the final episode, so why SHOULD it be all tied up at the end? An audience is ignorant if they think everything is perfect when the show ends ... why not leave Angel etc to fight the good fight another day, beyond that which we are involved with? It's like soaps .. we see their day to day business, but when we're not watching, it's still kinda going on, there's still bits we don't see and this is the same. Everyone knew it was a MASSIVE battle, continuing for a long time, and Joss would be testing our intelligence if he'd wrapped everything up neatly in a few episodes at the end of a season when the characters had struggled for years to understand what they had to do. I think that's one problem I had with Buffy's ending, if anything I felt it tried to do it *too* neatly and explain things too quickly that, in the end, didn't make all that much sense. With Angel, luckily they saw that there wasn't a need to give all the answers or a FINAL end ... it goes on, and I'm glad about that. There was a sense of closure, and yet it enabled Joss to keep it open for the future - and that I can't be disappointed about.

I thought Season 5 picked up towards the end and the cliffhanger was suitable for the show. However with all the build up over the past five seasons of the Shansu Prophecy I was a bit disappointed that we still have no real closure on the subject. Not the worst finale I've ever seen, but certainly not the best.

• 2 weeks later...

What Jangojohnny said about this season was a lot of crap. In my opinion this season was one of the best and Jangojohnny if u think u can do any better then u go do Joss Whedons job. The final scene was a cliffhanger and had closer which he did in all the season finales on both shows. The reason their was a cliffhanger was because their might be tv films and they will need to carry on for where they left off and he likes to keep us guessing

Thanx

:rolleyes: James :rolleyes:

I don't think that S5 was one of the best series as a whole but had some very good episodes in it.

As for the last episode I was very ahppy with it, especially the deaths of several of the characters and one of them brought a tear to my eye.

I was very happy with the finale. The Buffy finale had so much in it that it felt a bit rushed but that is becasue Joss wanted to put a much in as possible as he hadn't been able to tell the whole story in seven years.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess was left on a cliffhanger as it hasnt ben ruled out that another Distributor may take the rights on... Warner Bros didnt want it anymore..nothing has been said about NOT making a 6th series or any TV films...just simply Warner Bros had no further intrest in carrying the series any further !!.

Season 5 was crap!

It has been the worst....

And the ending, leaving 2 episodes to come up with the NAFF black thorn clan! must of ran out of a storyline!

My view anyway! :blink:

Edited by Adam

I'm sorry but not only was season 5 a major let down compaered with previous series but what on earth was that for a last episode??

Why give them 6 episodes notice of cancellation if all they go and do is leave it on a cliffhanger??

Disapointed...Crap end to a crap season!

Sorry

what!!! i thought this is one of the best seasons and still very pissed that it was canceled

The wb suck (no pun intended lol) in my point of view!

• 3 weeks later...
Season 5 was crap!

It has been the worst....

And the ending, leaving 2 episodes to come up with the NAFF black thorn clan! must of ran out of a storyline!

My view anyway! :P

IT WAS THE BEST SEASON YET.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS CANCELLED.

I LOVE SPIKE.