LIVE SEANCE

houdinia

hmmm...This was a really strange programme, I wasn't listening properly and I got Dave lol.

Mum got disappointed that me and dad wouldn't do the board with her.

The Ouji (sp?) board is a tricky one for me really, both my grandparents AND parents said they've had an experience with it and I think they made a pact with the friends they did it with not to ever do it again. I can't remember what either of the stories were though :P And last Saturday I think it was something really strange happened to my grandma and no1 can think of an explanation for it...I'll try n remember what it was exactly:

It was my grandmas birthday on the 21st (friday) and she always plays solitaire or freecell or something so we gave her our old computer the other week. She switched it on on saturday 22nd and tried to get into the game, she clicked on it and instead this box came up saying 'Happy Birthday Dear, you're my best friend' so she clicked OK and it closed. She tried to get into the game again and the same thing happened. She restarted and the same thing happened again and she couldn't get into it all day but the next day it was fine...This computer is really pretty old and you can't set birthdays n stuff on it. My grandpa doesn't even know how to turn the thing on, Most of her old best friends are dead, she's offline and has no internet so no1 could have sent her a message. It's just really weird! We checked it out on sunday and couldn't find anything. If any of you could come up with an explanation you let me know, we can't think of anything! :blink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bit with them sat round the table and the ball moves and all that.......I've seen that on some other programme that showed that it was just two men stood in the background using hooks to pick the stuff up ^_^

It could all have easily been rigged but u gotta trust what he says. Somehow i dont think the reactions that were preduced could be faked, they were really terrified. Its weird what ur own brain can do to you. Highly enjoyable but also very weird :P

I got Jane too. Me and nan took part. The glass moved to the N when asked if there was a spirit :help: But it did move to the J when asked who. I know i wasn't pushing it conciously cos my fingers kept coming off! I wrote a C cos i was thinkin coventry too lol. I think it was good that he explained how it all happens. And also proved it isn't real by fetching Jane at the end of it all!!!!

I GOT JANE!

but thats the thing he did at the beginning "move up to the closest black and white pic etc"

i learnt how to do that yonks ago. on "you can do magic" on CITV!! to be precise :blink:

that got me some fun for ages

yea, it was jane, that video shown was about a week old before shown to the people. its just showing that if you think it it can really happen. like, in the way that you cut your finger accidently, and it coulda bin bleeding ages, but its only when you notice the blood that it hurts.

there might have been spirits doing that, any spirits, just not HER, the woman that you saw. they might even have been called jane for all we know.

as derren said "you were pushing it, but just dont know it" about the ouji board, like at the beggining when she lobbed the tamborine over the curtain.

i guess thats pretty obvious, like the writing thing, the "spirits" doing it through the live person, because thats the only live they can grasp.

i would've loved to have taken part. ive done the ouiji before. Shatner myself (not REALLY.) i love this kinda stuff, i seriously love it, i saw "fear" if anyones heard of that, it was a more.. serious, scary, version of seance, someone was sick when going in. ill never forget it, yeaaaa i love it, but id never do it. if i had a few mates with me i woulda done it, but i must admit im far too scared to do it alone..

i dunno what it is about derren, hes just so believable

did anyone like that gag at the beginning?

*serious face*

blah blah im derren brown and tonight blah blah, all but one students will be dead.

my heart skipped a beat..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm only jokin. *smile*

derrens sexy. :wub:

Most people you speak to have a strange story to tell of someone they know who had a strange experience with a ouija board, but I wonder how many of these are really urban legends, you know a friend of a friend etc.

Unless things have changed, I don't think you can buy them in England, but in America a few years back I bought one from a toy store. I think it was made by MB games or waddingtons, something like that. What freaked me out, was it is the same one that Reagan is using in the Exorcist !

Having said that, I tried it out with some friends and nothing happened so I am pretty sceptical.

The Parasychologist James Randi has had a £1 Million Dollar prize for any medium or Psychic that can prove that they are for real for a number of years now and not one has managed to prove they have any psychic ability. Some are excellent magicians and tricksters but as Derren Brown demonstrates regularly you can make people choose what you want too most of the time and he use a combination of his magician skills and psychology to do this.

Makes for good entertainment though.

i didn't think it was appropriate to show it - and i didn't watch it.

if it IS possible to contact the dead, then it is possible to create a conduit (accidentally or intentionally) for evil spirits to walk the earth. theres enough of them around already without adding to them.

if it IS NOT possible then to suggest that it is could lead to some ppl studying it till they actually do find a way. in which case they're not likely to bother trying to study the consequences - think of all the bad that could happen.

either way, why should we want to call back the dead?? the living can refuse to talk, so why should we suggest that theres a way to force the dead to talk?? and even if no one thinks they're contacting the dead, who knows the results of even pretending to do so??

people don't understand the consequences of, say, using a mobile phone - how could it be possible to understand the consequences of contacting the dead? why not leave them in peace and accept that they are gone?

You know one thing that REALLY bugs me is when people call/pronounce this item as a 'WEEGIE' board. It's name is a 'Ouija' board, 'Oui - French for yes, Ja - German for yes'.

Just my gripe.

Obi-Wan :(

if it IS possible to contact the dead, then it is possible to create a conduit (accidentally or intentionally) for evil spirits to walk the earth. theres enough of them around already without adding to them.

if it IS NOT possible then to suggest that it is could lead to some ppl studying it till they actually do find a way. in which case they're not likely to bother trying to study the consequences - think of all the bad that could happen.

either way, why should we want to call back the dead?? the living can refuse to talk, so why should we suggest that theres a way to force the dead to talk?? and even if no one thinks they're contacting the dead, who knows the results of even pretending to do so??

people don't understand the consequences of, say, using a mobile phone - how could it be possible to understand the consequences of contacting the dead? why not leave them in peace and accept that they are gone?

thats a bit of a silly thing to say really. i wonder how much money it made? hmm.. MILLIONS of people watched it. its what people want, and what people want, people GET!

if it IS possible to contact the dead, then it is possible to create a conduit (accidentally or intentionally) for evil spirits to walk the earth.  theres enough of them around already without adding to them.
Evilness is just a surrounding, evil is ALL around us, evil spirits do walk the earth. evil is angryness, depression. whereas heavenly is happyness and joy. adding them? all we need there is anti depression tablets, oooh that will cure em :(

• Moderators

I guess I found it appropriate only because it was DB, and because we know he's a magician/showman, and it wasn't real. I've never really found it appropriate to mess around with these kinda things at home because it's something that we don't really understand and we DON'T know what's possible at the end of the day so ... it's best left alone in my opinion, I do think that society HAS been scared by previous tales and folklore and so we probably worry about nothing but ... u just never know I guess.

thats a bit of a silly thing to say really. i wonder how much money it made? hmm.. MILLIONS of people watched it. its what people want, and what people want, people GET!

Evilness is just a surrounding, evil is ALL around us, evil spirits do walk the earth. evil is angryness, depression. whereas heavenly is happyness and joy. adding them? all we need there is anti depression tablets, oooh that will cure em :(

what ppl want ppl get? i'm in lovce with a girl, but i can never be with her. life is not easy. and we rarely get what we want unless we work our asses off for it, and thats when its worth it. crap like derren brown is a curiosity - people don't necessari;y want to talk to someone, but instead to see 'what the f***...?' in which case they aren't getting what they want, except for answers - and there are safer ways to get those answers. like reading a book, or talking to someone with experience.

anti depression tablets?? like alcohol, they dull the pain and they are addictive. they will eventually stop working.

oooh houdi i notice youre on the db forum :firedevil:

hey hey that's me. they re-vamped it recently so it appears brand new. there are some well established nutters to watch out for though

HOUDINIA

Evilness is just a surrounding, evil is ALL around us, evil spirits do walk the earth. evil is angryness, depression. whereas heavenly is happyness and joy. adding them? all we need there is anti depression tablets, oooh that will cure em  :D

what ppl want ppl get? i'm in lovce with a girl, but i can never be with her. life is not easy. and we rarely get what we want unless we work our asses off for it, and thats when its worth it. crap like derren brown is a curiosity - people don't necessari;y want to talk to someone, but instead to see 'what the f***...?' in which case they aren't getting what they want, except for answers - and there are safer ways to get those answers. like reading a book, or talking to someone with experience.

anti depression tablets?? like alcohol, they dull the pain and they are addictive. they will eventually stop working.

anti depression tablets??  like alcohol, they dull the pain and they are addictive.  they will eventually stop working.
:firedevil: i was joking :wub:

and i meant business wise, like ryanair, people want low prices, low prices et voila! and how popular are ryanair now? ohhhhh but very :o

derren browns not crap. *humfh*

So it's a yesyes board? Why? sorry, that might seem like a stupid question, I was just curious :firedevil:

because when you ask the question, "is there a spirit present" and the answer is "no" it would still mean yes... if you see what i mean

HOUDINIA

I gotta say that i dont think its possible to contact the dead. Certainly not like was shown last night. The whole idea of the programme was to prove that there are reasons behind things that happen and someone who is talented enough can make suggestions which the brain with interpret subliminally and come up with a conclusion. Weird things do happen that are unexplained but i dont think its write to immediately jump to the conclusion of spirits etc until there is conclusive proof either way i guess we just wont know

anti-depressants aren't addictive. you might be thinking of tranquilizers?

HOUDINIA

• Moderators
So it's a yesyes board? Why? sorry, that might seem like a stupid question, I was just curious  :firedevil:

because when you ask the question, "is there a spirit present" and the answer is "no" it would still mean yes... if you see what i mean

HOUDINIA

Cuz something still has to be there to answer 'no' ... yeah makes sense :wub:

Evilness is just a surrounding, evil is ALL around us, evil spirits do walk the earth. evil is angryness, depression. whereas heavenly is happyness and joy. adding them? all we need there is anti depression tablets, oooh that will cure em  :D

anti depression tablets??  like alcohol, they dull the pain and they are addictive.  they will eventually stop working.
:firedevil: i was joking :wub:

and i meant business wise, like ryanair, people want low prices, low prices et voila! and how popular are ryanair now? ohhhhh but very :o

my apologies - however, some ppl will use those same arguments, and mean them with all seriousness. i just really don't agree with making light of the devil and the dead, when its in terms of ouija boards and that kind of thing. no one knows the results, and if it must be studied then let it be behind closed doors with only the results being released, rather than asking everyone possible to participate - indeed to me it only makes it more suspect to ask for more participants - it would suggest to me that there is additional power being used - possibly without even the viewers consent - to open the way to death. with enough power, perhaps the devil himself may be drawn to earth... and if such happens through the actions of 'entertainers' doing televised seances, i hope i've died before it.

"may you be forty years in heaven before the devil knows you're dead"

HOUDINIA

hey, even pain can be an addiction for some ppl.

get it into your head that you can only be right with anti-depressants, and you're hooked. doesn't matter what the actual inherent properties of them are, your own mind is what hooks you on them.

Well, I figure that's a pretty good and well informed rant.

From someone that didn't watch the damn show.

Seriously, if you'd have watched it, you'd have seen it was an attempt by Derren to see if the hoax techniques that the victorians used, would still work today.

It wasn't anything to do with spirits or daemons, witches, wizardry, magick, or *anything* like that, it was an attempt by a modern showman to see if he could hoax people using centuries old techniques.

Seriously, anyone just figuring that last night (as truly fantastic as it was) might not have been all it was presented to be, didn't hear Derren's opening speech.

What you suggest about people studying untill they find a way to open a doorway, a conduit to the afterlife, dude, that's straight out of hollywood.

Life, this is it, enjoy it whilst you have it, there's nothing afterwards.

HOUDINIA

hey, even pain can be an addiction for some ppl.

get it into your head that you can only be right with anti-depressants, and you're hooked. doesn't matter what the actual inherent properties of them are, your own mind is what hooks you on them.

erm... your speaking to a psychiatric nurse

HOUDINIA

Evilness is just a surrounding, evil is ALL around us, evil spirits do walk the earth. evil is angryness, depression. whereas heavenly is happyness and joy. adding them? all we need there is anti depression tablets, oooh that will cure em  :wub:

:P i was joking :wub:

and i meant business wise, like ryanair, people want low prices, low prices et voila! and how popular are ryanair now? ohhhhh but very :wub:

my apologies - however, some ppl will use those same arguments, and mean them with all seriousness. i just really don't agree with making light of the devil and the dead, when its in terms of ouija boards and that kind of thing. no one knows the results, and if it must be studied then let it be behind closed doors with only the results being released, rather than asking everyone possible to participate - indeed to me it only makes it more suspect to ask for more participants - it would suggest to me that there is additional power being used - possibly without even the viewers consent - to open the way to death. with enough power, perhaps the devil himself may be drawn to earth... and if such happens through the actions of 'entertainers' doing televised seances, i hope i've died before it.

hmmmm i think i know where youre coming from

death and life are two different things, like CHALK AND CHEESE!

i do believe this kinda stuff is possible, the things of just FEELING that somethings wrong,

and reports of ghosts, yea yea, they may be hallucinations of sorts, but somethings gotta put em there.

as taught it RE, the soul lives on!

i must have sounded really religious. :P

im not..

hahahaha

someone shut me up, im trying to go deeper than my dumb head should be aloud. i blame derren. but hes still not crap. derrens so miiiiiiiighty! and sexy

Evilness is just a surrounding, evil is ALL around us, evil spirits do walk the earth. evil is angryness, depression. whereas heavenly is happyness and joy. adding them? all we need there is anti depression tablets, oooh that will cure em  :wub:

:wub: i was joking :wub:

and i meant business wise, like ryanair, people want low prices, low prices et voila! and how popular are ryanair now? ohhhhh but very :wub:

hmmmm i think i know where youre coming from

death and life are two different things, like CHALK AND CHEESE!

i do believe this kinda stuff is possible, the things of just FEELING that somethings wrong,

and reports of ghosts, yea yea, they may be hallucinations of sorts, but somethings gotta put em there.

as taught it RE, the soul lives on!

i must have sounded really religious. :P

im not..

hahahaha

someone shut me up, im trying to go deeper than my dumb head should be aloud. i blame derren. but hes still not crap. derrens so miiiiiiiighty! and sexy

deep... very deep :P

HOUDINIA

As for the restrained guy moving the paper, I have to admit - short of unclicking himself, or "bursting it" (as he eventually did,) I can't offer an explanation - barring someone else coming in from the back. This was just about the highlight for me, I love locked room mysteries.

I admit this bit did spook me at first and did make me laugh. But its quiet easy to lean in your chair to the side, especially when your legs are not restrained, he could move them around freely and kick the pile of papers. If that weren't the case then why show footage of the girl previously and nothing of him.

My own personal take on why both girls chose london was being that that was where they were, seemed a little logical that he could have planted it prior to the show starting, but of course this is a little clumsy, and I'm sure there's a *much* better explanation.

My theory on this is when you ask anybody to give a name of a city, more often than not people will say London as people tend to forget there are other cities. The girl at the end only said Manchester becuase it had been mentioned in that letter.

I once played a cruel trick on Lee that did have consequences. I swear on my childrens life what I did was true. I made out one night that I had seen a ghost of a child who had died in our house, needless to say it affected Lee big time. He couldn't sleep that night and was all shivery and on occasions imagined he could hear a child crying. Try this one of your mates, but it has to be convincing, its amazing how suggestive you can be when you really want to. And this is what happened last night, it was all suggestive, plant an idea into somones head and its amazing how far they will go with it. Very clever!!!!!