Work Experience hell

amy_s

This is the only time you'll ever hear me say... I'd rather be in Maths all day then to be in HMV.

You want to know what I do there? I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs.

Want to know what else I do there? I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs. Oh wait... I mean... I dont do anything else.

Honestly. Im so exhausted, this is killing me, seriously, it is. Its allon my LJ...

here

Sympathy and encouragement is deeply appreciated.

Thats about all right now.

:mellow:

woah sounds nasty son :mellow: my work experience was ok, i worked in all the diff parts of a gym but one day when it was my turn to work in the hairdressers i had to clean the shelves. all the shelves. then do laundry. so i know what you mean, its pretty s***e!

Oh lord, work experience....thankfully thats almost seven years ago or something like that...I worked in an office...doing nothing but filing....the worst thing is when you run out of things to do before lunchtime and your supervisor really doesn't want you bothering them for something to pass the painful amount of time left.

I sympathise with the enforced boredom you suffer at a place you really don't want to work.

I am so grateful to have never done work experience!

We have the occasional young adult come thru here and they always get the most tedious jobs that no one else wants!

Most of them seem to be French for some reason, in 6 years we've had 3 French students and 1 English :lol:

This is the only time you'll ever hear me say... I'd rather be in Maths all day then to be in HMV.

You want to know what I do there? I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs.

Want to know what else I do there? I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs. Oh wait... I mean... I dont do anything else.

Honestly. Im so exhausted, this is killing me, seriously, it is. Its allon my LJ...

here

:wub:

i went to hmv last year too...

and thats all i did, tho after a few days they did give me a section of their sale stuff that i had to keep stocked and stuff.. and i cud help customers who needed summat that wasnt on the shelves

most of the days i finished everything so they let me go home early, but i dont live in banbury so i just went shopping!! lol woo!

This is the only time you'll ever hear me say...  I'd rather be in Maths all day then to be in HMV.

You want to know what I do there?  I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs.

Want to know what else I do there?  I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs.  Oh wait...  I mean... I dont do anything else.

Honestly.  Im so exhausted, this is killing me, seriously, it is.  Its allon my LJ...

here

:wub:

and thats all i did, tho after a few days they did give me a section of their sale stuff that i had to keep stocked and stuff.. and i cud help customers who needed summat that wasnt on the shelves

most of the days i finished everything so they let me go home early, but i dont live in banbury so i just went shopping!! lol woo!

Yea but Im 15, Im not old enough to help customers and stuff.

But anyway, it wasnt that bad today. The only way Ill get through it if I stop complaining. I just need to settle in and today i think I did...

BRING ON THE INVOICE,

BRING ON THE STICKERS,

ROLL ON AND ROLL OFF WORK EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Wooooohooooooooo!

Ohhh work experience, the torture that it is...

Suppose mines wasn't too bad, local university on a computer all day looking at moon crater after moon crater after moon crater after moon crater...then you had to graphically 3D model doda the cater...was to do with the recently pooped out Beagle Probe. Was ok though, was in a room with about 5 graduate brainy uni guys that staggered in with hang overs and then dissapeared to play football so I just went on the internet ;)

LOL! the first four days of mine were spent on the deli in safeway (my first day began with some guy sufferin from senile dementia barking at me with his nurse struggling to control him and then running around the store after my teacher with a hot chicken in a bag shouting "oooooh! suits you sir" coz it seemed like a good idea at the time!) and on the last day i got to go on the bakery, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fresh bread and doughnuts with fondant icing!!!!! (i cant stand doughnuts or icing now but its a nice thought).

I remember mine...maan now that was bad!! McAlpine Helicopters... I had to sit in an office with nothing to do..I mean nothing...except watch the PC clock tick down to 5...which it grudgingly did. I've never been so bored in my life.... Least you have something to do!! :lol:So I hope you feel a little better! ^_^ At the end of the week I did get a helicopter ride tho..hope you get the chance to do that at the end of your HMV :P

Anyway head up and take it easy...least its only temporary! ^_^

This is the only time you'll ever hear me say...  I'd rather be in Maths all day then to be in HMV.

You want to know what I do there?  I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs.

Want to know what else I do there?  I put stickers on videos DVDs and CDs.  Oh wait...  I mean... I dont do anything else.

Honestly.  Im so exhausted, this is killing me, seriously, it is.  Its allon my LJ...

here

^_^

Yea but Im 15, Im not old enough to help customers and stuff.

But anyway, it wasnt that bad today. The only way Ill get through it if I stop complaining. I just need to settle in and today i think I did...

BRING ON THE INVOICE,

BRING ON THE STICKERS,

ROLL ON AND ROLL OFF WORK EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Wooooohooooooooo!

you so are, its work experience, you should be able to experience it.. complain!

I remember mine...maan now that was bad!! McAlpine Helicopters... I had to sit in an office with nothing to do..I mean nothing...except watch the PC clock tick down to 5...which it grudgingly did. I've never been so bored in my life.... Least you have something to do!! :lol:So I hope you feel a little better! :blink: At the end of the week I did get a helicopter ride tho..hope you get the chance to do that at the end of your HMV ^_^

Anyway head up and take it easy...least its only temporary! :unsure:

LOL! i nearly crashed an Apache helicopter at an airshow when i was lil, i was sat in the front with the pilot and i nudged on of the brakes! it jus sorted started tipping to one side! LOL! my dad has never been so ashamed!!! (he had to go on a flying mission with them the next day too!) LOL!