With Thursday being cancelled

It'd be nice if SM gave some insight into what's going on, rather than leaving us in the dark. It leads to people being confused, worried and annoyed.

First BoltonFCC is cancelled and now the Thursday of LFCC??

And the LFCC line-up isn't really where anyone expects it to be with only 7 weeks to go.

I'd much rather SM explained what was going on, outlining the issues/problems, than not saying anything at all.

The line up is what I expected. Already meeting twice as many guests as last year

Your fandom tastes may vary. Think I've only got 3 guests I want so far, some years its been 30.

I agree ^

I'm currently only meeting 8 guests. In 2014 and 2015 i've met over 20 guests (bearing in mind that lots of guests i've wanted to meet have cancelled).

Realistically considering the cancellations that will come this year, i'll probably only end up meeting 5-6 guests at the moment.

There are some really impressive guests at the event, but the quantity is so low compared to other years. The number of guests needs to double to compete with other years. With the rate announcements are being made, it doesn't look like that will happen at all. Mods keep on saying 'there's still plenty of time'. They said that when the event was 6 months away. It's now 7 weeks away and the line-up hasn't changed that much.

• Like 2

I think quality of the guests is great, but quantity is poor. Last year there was about 130 tv/movie guests, at the moment only about 50. And to consider, they're now using the entire Olympia, I would have thought the amount of guests would be even bigger this year.

*necessary small print*

Of course there is still time to announce many, many guests.

• Like 1

Oh well, I just have to come up with some activity for Thursday, maybe visit Harry Potter Studios?

Harry potter studios well worth the visit, you'll get more out of your day too.

I completely agree with that suggestion. I've been twice with my wife and enjoyed it and I'm not a massive Potter fan. Being mid week it might be a but quieter as well.

• Like 1

For those with LFCC all day passes that included Thursday, including the Gold Pass - we will be giving you a complimentary Prop Photo Shoot to be used over the weekend for the all day passes this will be sent to you as a print at home ticket in the next few days, for Gold Pass holders youll get a voucher along with your other vouchers on the day.

I agree that one free prop photo shoot is not enough for us who travel from abroad. (and especially if there are no props that interest me or have been there already thousand of times) I could change the hotel dates, but I can't change my flights, so yes, one extra day that will cost me more than what I receive in exchange. Also, I too was hoping to get my Gold Pass on Thursday when it's more quiet.

Oh well, I just have to come up with some activity for Thursday, maybe visit Harry Potter Studios?

Harry potter studios well worth the visit, you'll get more out of your day too.

Let's all book trip to WB studios to see Harry Potter set! All the people from comic con

• Like 1

I think quality of the guests is great, but quantity is poor. Last year there was about 130 tv/movie guests, at the moment only about 50. And to consider, they're now using the entire Olympia, I would have thought the amount of guests would be even bigger this year.

*necessary small print*

*necessary small print*

Exactly. There are some really really good guests (the diamond guests, Dominic, Laurie, Elden etc). However, there needs to be a large quantity of guests who cost £10-20 from things like GoT, TWD, DW, Star Wars, Star Trek etc.

If this event is hit by a lot of cancellations then we're all going to be really stuck, with only a couple of people to meet. A larger quantity of guests would mean we've all got plenty of people to meet, so even with cancellations the event would still be worthwhile.

My main reason for attending is cosplay yet only 6 guests (maybe 1 extra) take my fancy and considering some photoshoots (3 or 4 with guests, plus cosplay if available).

Several cosplayers I know will be there so I should have a good time.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

we all know people do not like change, but this year we did try some new things that just was not needed or was really wanted.

Aas to the amount of ticket sales: the preview night has not been taken up by big numbers and as such it really was not going to work for the guests or the traders. And if there are not the guests there then you will also not feel the need to attend. So it was just something we tried and has not been what is been wanted so there really was no point in keeping it.

Ii think everyone knows that with the much bigger halls available to us we can space everything out so that there is the room to do all what you need on the Friday to be ready for the full on days on Sat and Sun. Tthis is the first year where we have the right amount of space. We feel so that everyone will be happy and be able to get around in a good way. So that's why the preview night is not happening.

Now we have two things we can do: we could have canceled everyone's tickets or we could give you something for around the same amount of money and save you having to reorder, so thats why we have done this in this manner.

If you are unhappy with your tickets that you have as there is no preview day you are most welcome to have your tickets canceled and refunded. Anyone wishing to do this if they ask for this in the next 7 days will have a full refund for their entry tickets.

We never do things to make life harder for people and we only ever want to put on a good fun show for everyone which this year is looking to be one of our best as we will be in a much bigger space and that is something that you have all be asking for years. I have to say that the line up this year is full of amazing rare and great guests and there is more to come over the next 7 weeks . :-)

Once again I am sorry that things have changed. In life some things are not all perfect but we do try our best to do what's right for you all.

Hope that helps to explain why things have changed.

We all look forward to seeing you at the event soon.

Jason :-)

• Like 4