What comics are you all reading ?

GoldenGreen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sailor Moon!! i have EVERY graphic novel!! full collection! hahaha

*evil laugh* There is another Moon fan on the boards other than me! ^_^ But, Wah! No fair! I can't get hold of Stars 1 & 2 ...my poor collection...

I'm awaiting Fruits Basket book 4 right now and hoping I can order Azumanga Daioh 2 sometime soon. Brownie points to anyone who has any idea what I'm talking about. :P

*gives simone lots of brownie points* I've said it before, but most of the time when I mention manga, people look at me like I've got 3 arms or something...which is why I expected nobody to know what I was on about! (Not that I don't have three arms really, you know... :D )

I love Fruits Basket :lol: I'm cosplaying as Kagura at an anime con this month! She's my favourite... :P And yes, the art is gorgeous.

Azumanga Daioh is a very funny, different manga (and anime) that's been released by ADV. ADV's Azumanga Daioh Site. If you ever come across it, you really should buy it. :wub:

I've only just started collecting comics but I've started to read Ultimate Spider-man recently and really like the new take on some of the old characters. It's currently in the middle of the Ultimate Carnage story and they've done a fantastic job of re-writing the history of Spidey.

*gives simone lots of brownie points* I've said it before, but most of the time when I mention manga, people look at me like I've got 3 arms or something...which is why I expected nobody to know what I was on about! (Not that I don't have three arms really, you know... :blink: )

I love Fruits Basket ^_^ I'm cosplaying as Kagura at an anime con this month! She's my favourite... ^_^ And yes, the art is gorgeous.

Azumanga Daioh is a very funny, different manga (and anime) that's been released by ADV. ADV's Azumanga Daioh Site. If you ever come across it, you really should buy it. :lol:

Wow those are really really cool, i can't believe i didn't know about that one!

ANIME CON?! WHERE? WHEN? i've never been able to find one and i would LOVE to go to! omg! wheere and when?!

ANIME CON?! WHERE? WHEN? i've never been able to find one and i would LOVE to go to! omg! wheere and when?!

AmeCon, Leicester, 20th-23rd August. ^_^ It'll be my first anime con, so I'm very excited about it all (lots of manga to buy. Mwhahahahaa!) (Hope I don't get into any trouble advertising another event on here...but then again, SM don't have many anime stalls at all, so I should be ok. *prods showmasters* I want more. Feed my obcessions! :D )

havent really read much manga, seen some classic anime thou, the last thing i saw was the whole cowboy bebop series, my god that was awesome!

Oh man, *jealous*. I wanna see cowboy bebop, but most places just have the film, which is no use to someone who hasn't seen the series! :( But I've heard lots of good things about the series, so sometime I may have to fork out online and buy it.

AmeCon, Leicester, 20th-23rd August. :D It'll be my first <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56">anime</a> con, so I'm very excited about it all (lots of manga to buy. Mwhahahahaa!) (Hope I don't get into any trouble <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=advertising&v=56">advertising</a> another event on here...but then again, SM don't have many <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56">anime</a> stalls at all, so I should be ok. *prods showmasters* I want more. Feed my obcessions! :( )

where? Leicester? like in a centre or something... WOW! are there any websites for it?

havent really read much manga, seen some classic anime thou, the last thing i saw was the whole cowboy bebop series, my god that was awesome!

Oh man, *jealous*. I wanna see cowboy bebop, but most places just have the film, which is no use to someone who hasn't seen the series! :D But I've heard lots of good things about the series, so sometime I may have to fork out online and buy it.

i borrowed it from a friend, ebay is the way to go, at some point im gonna buy it for myself one day, the perfect sessions dvd set was the one saw and recomend. It is a fantastic series, you realise how good it is after seeing the ballad of fallen angles episode (my personal fav) and the finale, jaw dropping

Just picked up Batman and Catwoman, graphic novel sort of thing , Part 1 - The Gun

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to part 2.

The Bat and The Cat are looking for an unstoppable gun that every little and big player in the criminal underworld is after.

But who will get there first ?

Frank Drebin Posted on Aug 19 2004, 02:57 PM

The Beano. I've not been able to put it down, such complictaed plots. I'm sure we'll see that Dennis character down in the Police Squad cells if I have my way.

Mr Drebin glad you are a fan of the Beano, I had you down more for Mad Magazine !

I love the Beano. I won't have anyone poke fun at MY beano. Well a little bit's okay.

J. Scott Campbell is just the best comic artist (sorry I was reading danger girl again). Love Ranma 1/2 as well. I can't get volume 21 anywhere. What's anoying is both my nearest comic store have vol' 22!!!!! I don't want to buy them out of order!

im enjoying avengers disassembled at the moe, mainly because i dont really like the avengers so its nice seeing them getting beaten up or killed in some instances. Plus after finding out who's gonna be in the new line up, might have to start making this a regular buy

Ultimate spiderman is very cool as always, nice twist on the carnage story

Supreme Power is a bit slow at the moe, but the scene is getting set for some big action

And indentity crisis is just so well written, im not a big JLA fan but this book is just great!

I own a Comic store so I read LOADS !!

Stuff I keep...

Dogwitch --- www.dogwitch.com it rocks and I do the mail order !

All Star Wars

Daredevil

stray Bullets

Bone < arghh its finished

Anything by

Kevin Smith

Mike Allred

David Lapham

Dan Schaffer

• 2 weeks later...
I own a Comic store so I read LOADS !!

Stuff I keep...

Dogwitch --- www.dogwitch.com it rocks and I do the mail order !

All Star Wars

Daredevil

stray Bullets

Bone < arghh its finished

Anything by

Kevin Smith

Mike Allred

David Lapham

Dan Schaffer

Owning a comic store.

Sounds like an ideal job.

Where abouts are you based ?

I LOVE comics! Not just reading them but drawing them too!

There are so many good ones about now, I would really love to read more of them but the only ones I do collect are Tomb Raider and Street Fighter.

Street Fighter is cool. Brilliant art every issue with the story costantly developing.

Tomb Raider started off really good (even though it was changed slightly from the game) but I think it has been going down-hill for a while now - art and story

I also love Gold Digger by Fred Perry (its an American-manga). I don't collect the comics but I like to buy the collective graphic novels, whenever I can.

I think that it's a cracking comic - and so do out customers, it's our second most subscribed to title at the moment, behind Superman Batman (but that's losing popularity due to the bloody delay between issues :firedevil: )

What other titles do you like at the moment @field? Have you read New Invaders - I'm really enjoying that one, and I can't wait for Warren Ellis on Iron Man (vol.4).

www.midlandscomics.co.uk

Staffordshire's Premier Online Comic Store

• 4 weeks later...

Finally picked up issue four of the Shield Spotlight series at the weekend.

Still going with Emma Frost, up to issue 16 , and up to Issue 5 of Astonishing X-Men

Also recently tried:

NYX

Strange

Dogwitch

With the LFCC fast approaching what comics will you be looking for, and have you decided what you might get signed yet ?