TWD Guests for 2015

Starbug

To be honest I'm only coming down to lfcc due to the strength of the past walking dead guests and after yesterday's announcement,I'm in two minds of cancelling going to lfcc

I've got the old tickets so I can easily sell them on ebay if showmasters don't pull a finger out soon

what was yesterday's announcement?

I am looking forward to that event hopefully it will make Showmasters show what they are really made of and give us more TWD cast members I have been quite disappointed with them this year I was hoping they would go one better and give us more then 4 cast members but they could still at least give us Andrew Lincoln, Lauren Cohan and Andrew J West

• Like 1

yeah, im still very surprised at the lack of TWD guests (excluding the lovely emily kinney, who i must say again is a FANTASTIC guest) i honestly thought they'd have got a few more considering just how popular the show is in the UK

we should all band together and pester Jason and the team until we get a response out of them after the ( we plan to ) has gone from to the amazing Emily Kinney to nothing I know they don't usually comment on these threads so give us more cast members please there is plenty to choose from

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hassling people won't get you anywhere. Trust me. So please don't. They're all really busy and don't have the time to reply to every guest request. We all have our own wants.

And again, please stop referring to other events, even vaguely. I don't want to keep checking this topic all the time. There's plenty to deal with already. Thanks.

not hassling. we're keeping it to one thread, unlike others who have posted recently for individual guests from various franchises.

i may not have been doing cons for very long but at every showmasters event ive been to where there have been TWD guests they've always had decent sized queues. the fanbase has grown exponentially in the past couple of years and people want to meet more of the cast, whether they be main cast or guest stars.

plenty of the cast are up for doing conventions. plenty of the cast have been on different shows that have large fandoms (i.e. supernatural, arrow, prison break etc etc) so would have plenty of interest from different fandoms and not just TWD fans like myself. it just seems strange that what is by far the biggest (and in my opinion best) convention in the UK circuit for a wide audience (by that i mean not specific to a single show/genre) only has one guest from what is arguably one of the biggest and most popular shows on tv, yet will repeatedly book guests who were in a film/tv series for one scene 30 years ago.

as for mentioning other events, i apologize for that. people get excited about things that they are passionate about.

• Like 1

I'm with Josh. We are by no means hassling. I thought this thread was to request guests? That's exactly what we're doing. And will continue to do so.

If we came across as rude that was not our intention at all.

July is not that long away, so we're just anxious/excited to see who will be announced.

We're all big fans of the show and would love to meet any and all of the stars to show our appreciation.

Georgie x

• Like 2

I am with josh and n0fear88 i am not on here to hassle or course arguments i am just passionate about TWD getting the attention that it deserves and LFACC is by far the best event around i would like to see stars from my faverote tv show attend the best event in the world

Edited by Starbug
  • Like 1

I don't think the issue is that SM don't want to book TWD guests. They are well aware of the popularity of the show and how well received any guests from it would be. Just remember it's not just down to SM. They could be reaching out to every main star to every zombie from the show, but if they can't make it for whatever reason it's not SM's fault. By all means keep this thread alive, you guys are cool, but remember that there are many things that have to be right for a guest to attend not just 'we want them, so they are coming'.

'we want them, so they are coming'.

isnt that how showmasters decide who to try and get for a guest anyway?

im not saying get EVERY member of the cast to attend the event. we all know that wouldnt be possible, theres too many variables for that to happen. actors and actresses are usually busy people.

HOWEVER, with the amount of cast members (both past and present) involved with TWD (and other shows which you often get guests from) surely there must be a few that would be up for coming to LFCC.

hell, Michael Koske (who attended WLFCC in october) contacted me and expressed a desire to come back for LFCC in july. he is by far one of, if not THE nicest guest ive met from any show at any convention and he WANTS to come back. yet when i posted on the forum the reply was "no, he came in october" the guy seemed to be popular as well. every time i went past his desk (on both days of the event) he had people there, yet apparently because he came to an event last year he was ruled out, yet there are other guests who attend a LOT of events who you seem to get back time after time after time.

the TWD cast, when seen in interviews etc always say they love doing conventions and meeting the fans. every member of the cast ive met during my short time attending your events has been simply excellent, unlike one or two of the bigger guests from other franchises who simply seemed like they did not want to be there. (i wont mention any names, but there was one person at LFCC 2014 who seemed more interested at talking to the people behind his table and checking their phone every 5 minutes than interacting with the fans who had paid to meet them)

The Walking Dead is a MASSIVE show with an enormous worldwide fanbase. the UK contingent of that fanbase is huge and we would LOVE to see more TWD guests.

this thread is in the "Guest Suggestions" section of the forum. we've kept it there, we've kept it to 1 thread, and yes, we will keep saying things like "come on showmasters, get some more Walking Dead guests" because its a show that we all love, and as i said before, showmasters events are the best chance we get here in the UK to meet the cast and crew. LFCC is the biggest of those events, and the one which usually has the widest spread of guests from different shows, which is why we keep asking for TWD guests to come to the event.

• Like 1

im not saying get EVERY member of the cast to attend the event. we all know that wouldnt be possible, theres too many variables for that to happen. actors and actresses are usually busy people.

HOWEVER, with the amount of cast members (both past and present) involved with TWD (and other shows which you often get guests from) surely there must be a few that would be up for coming to LFCC.

hell, Michael Koske (who attended WLFCC in october) contacted me and expressed a desire to come back for LFCC in july. he is by far one of, if not THE nicest guest ive met from any show at any convention and he WANTS to come back. yet when i posted on the forum the reply was "no, he came in october" the guy seemed to be popular as well. every time i went past his desk (on both days of the event) he had people there, yet apparently because he came to an event last year he was ruled out, yet there are other guests who attend a LOT of events who you seem to get back time after time after time.

the TWD cast, when seen in interviews etc always say they love doing conventions and meeting the fans. every member of the cast ive met during my short time attending your events has been simply excellent, unlike one or two of the bigger guests from other franchises who simply seemed like they did not want to be there. (i wont mention any names, but there was one person at LFCC 2014 who seemed more interested at talking to the people behind his table and checking their phone every 5 minutes than interacting with the fans who had paid to meet them)

The Walking Dead is a MASSIVE show with an enormous worldwide fanbase. the UK contingent of that fanbase is huge and we would LOVE to see more TWD guests.

this thread is in the "Guest Suggestions" section of the forum. we've kept it there, we've kept it to 1 thread, and yes, we will keep saying things like "come on showmasters, get some more Walking Dead guests" because its a show that we all love, and as i said before, showmasters events are the best chance we get here in the UK to meet the cast and crew. LFCC is the biggest of those events, and the one which usually has the widest spread of guests from different shows, which is why we keep asking for TWD guests to come to the event.

I couldn't of put in a better way my self I agree with every thing you have said

I couldn't of put in a better way my self I agree with every thing you have said
I also agree with most things you've said. Just keep in mind that it is a possibility that they are all busy and also SM do like to rotate the guests to keep it fresh for the people who regularly go to these events. There are exceptions to this, but they are seen as friends of SM who are welcome whenever they want to attend.

And I know you do have some good discussions on this thread, but just writing things like "more walking dead guests" over and over again does seem to be annoying the mods. I'd say they got the message! Remember there's still 2 months until the show.

Yep i have heard that chad is doing CMMK i wont be attending that event either i was hoping Chad was going to be at the London but hopefully we will get some guests in as cool as chad

Edited by Starbug

starbug, you do realise that if we dont bump into each other in one of the queues for TWD guests autographs or photoshoots im going to be REALLY disappointed!

If he's dressed as Rimmer and Mr Flibble like his profile pic then you should have no problems recognising him!